Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, AZ, LH, O6, AF
Originally Posted by KARFA
So you looked at GDS prior to booking? I am not sure why an expiry dates in a fare makes you think there wasn't some mistake in the fare?

As I asked, did you know or should you reasonably have known it was or may be a mistake when you booked it? If you are looking at GDS it seems you are quite a sophisticated traveler so what did you think when you looked at GDS ans saw a one way business class fare which you used to book trips to the far corners of the earth? Is that what you usually see on GDS?
Obviously I didn't look at GDS previously, but now that I am interested in this theme I have looked at it because I want to prove that it is not a small mistake, since everybody in the world could buy this fare for more than 10 days.

Furthermore I want to fly with ANA, so I booked through OTA, but if you wanted to fly only AZ/EY the fare was bookable on AZ website too.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, AZ, LH, O6, AF
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Given the tortuous paths making the Italian legal system and its painfully slow & bygone nature, odds are that one could possibly compromise their will to live before a decision is even made, not to mention the subsequent referrals to local courts and the likes, which are highly likely to come into play. In a nutshell, I'd be more bothered about the when rather than the hows.

G
In general you're right AlicorporateUK, justice in Italy is very slow.
But Alitalia has adhered to a simplified form of justice for the cause of low economic value.
It's called "conciliazione paritetica" (joint conciliation) and ensures an official answer from a Court in 45 working days.

https://www.alitalia.com/it_it/volar...ritetica.html#

So if you live in Italy you can do the joint mediation, if you live in another European country there is the similar path that I mentioned in my first post on this issue, always with answers within 45-60 working days.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by diego980
In general you're right AlicorporateUK, justice in Italy is very slow.
But Alitalia has adhered to a simplified form of justice for the cause of low economic value.
It's called "conciliazione paritetica" (joint conciliation) and ensures an official answer from a Court in 45 working days.

https://www.alitalia.com/it_it/volar...ritetica.html#

So if you live in Italy you can do the joint mediation, if you live in another European country there is the similar path that I mentioned in my first post on this issue, always with answers within 45-60 working days.
Brilliant, very useful post - thanks, Diego ^

G
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Having read the various fob-offs with Expedia and ebookers I didn't want to waste time calling to request a refund so yesterday I initiated a chargeback against Expedia UK for my ticket. Basically I told Amex they gave me the run-around as other posters have experienced and the chargeback was immediately actioned (£675 for my ticket and £10 for the booking fee). I honestly don't have more time to waste on AZ.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:02 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1-141-rt.html, a 16K-miles RT MNL-MCT-CDG-NCL is now bookable for $1140.

A much shorter 11K-miles DUS-USA-FLR trip for $700 now doesn't seem so unbelievable. Especially for someone who books on Priceline where no fare code or rule details are shown. Just sayin'.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
Refund

Has anyone had this issue....

AZ changed my outbound ticket (as most people) to drop the international leg and just give me a FLR-FCO-DUS, but left my international inbound alone (this was ticketed on a mix of SAA and AA

Called Expedia to start full refund on a ticket which was due to fly out on the 28th December returning on the 6th January, Expedia told me to call AZ and cancel. Once cancellation confirmed call Expedia back to confirm and they would refund the booking fee.

Called AZ who instantly found my ticket using the booking ref and agreed to cancel the tickets.

Itinerary updated and showed the AZ part of the ticket had been cancelled but not the international inbound tickets.

Called Expedia back to request refund, they said the ticket was not fully cancelled as the itinerary showed the international inbounds, plus the tickets were confirmed and 'Exchanged' (not sure what that means...). I have been able to select seats and they appear in the AA app as confirmed.

Called AZ to tell them to fully cancel the tickets, this time gave them a 055 ticket number, operator found the tickets and said they will cancel.

Now 5 days later and still I can see the international inbound flights.

Is there anyway to confirm if these tickets have been cancelled? AZ can't send me an email. It's as if AZ have already paid the carrier for the tickets and can't cancel them.

I have another set of tickets for February on the same route with the same issue. However with these I would be happy to fly the one way in Biz for the £580 I paid. Has anyone flown the one way international sectors?

Any thoughts most welcome.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by barney2201
Any thoughts most welcome.
Issue a charge-back from your credit card. Let the bank/issuer deal with it.

I did this on one booking - far easier than going back and forth between AZ and Ebookers. Money was back in my account in 24 hours.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
If a ticket allows you to perform online check in does that mean it would then be very hard for the airline to deny boarding?

Whilst I want to get a full refund for the first set of tickets i wouldn't mind flying the one way which is still showing a confirmed booking on the second set of tickets....

Thinking I wait until 24hrs before the 1st flight (the one I don't want to fly) so I can initiate online check in, then call AZ and tell them (again) the flight is still there and to cancel, at the same time perform the chargeback. This will allow me to confirm if the ticket is flyable and use the second set of tickets as one ways.

Is that a feasible plan.....

Originally Posted by rossmacd

I did this on one booking - far easier than going back and forth between AZ and Ebookers. Money was back in my account in 24 hours.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd

It may be different in CH but the initial credit to your credit card is only temporary until the dispute is resolved. The money isn't "back in your account" until the credit card company has found against the merchant and processed a chargeback which can be some weeks. It's just a way of holding the transaction.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by barney2201
....Thinking I wait until 24hrs before the 1st flight (the one I don't want to fly) so I can initiate online check in, then call AZ and tell them (again) the flight is still there and to cancel, at the same time perform the chargeback. This will allow me to confirm if the ticket is flyable and use the second set of tickets as one ways.

Is that a feasible plan.....
I assume you mean both sets have been altered to direct flights on AZ with only one way still showing confirmed in original routing. Yes, it is a feasible plan. However, it will take a miracle for you to fly. As posted multiple times, the one way still showing is a booking without valid eticket attached. You will not be able to fly it. Depending on airlines involved, there is a slight chance that you can OLCI but will be rejected at the gate.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
It may be different in CH but the initial credit to your credit card is only temporary until the dispute is resolved. The money isn't "back in your account" until the credit card company has found against the merchant and processed a chargeback which can be some weeks. It's just a way of holding the transaction.
It may be. I can assure you that my transaction is fully credited back to my account, and not just in a state of "hold"
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:48 pm

...and now we have USA-Europe RT for $711: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...pe-711-rt.html. This is just $14 more than I paid for my AZ ticket EUR-USA-EUR. Should I immediately conclude that that's an EF too?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maayan
...and now we have USA-Europe RT for $711: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...pe-711-rt.html. This is just $14 more than I paid for my AZ ticket EUR-USA-EUR. Should I immediately conclude that that's an EF too?
Yes. It is likely an error. Book ASAP if still bookable.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=Maayan;27690764]...and now we have USA-Europe RT for $711: [URL="http://www.flyertalk.cShould I immediately conclude that that's an EF too?[/QUOTE]

Hint: a lot of the the blogs you learned it from have the word error fare in the title.....
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
So you looked at GDS prior to booking? I am not sure why an expiry dates in a fare makes you think there wasn't some mistake in the fare?
The expiry date was not the reason that the excerpt from the GDS was posted. Or rather, it is, but to demonstrate that the fare was on sale for almost 2 full weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.