FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:39 am
barney2201

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
Refund

Has anyone had this issue....

AZ changed my outbound ticket (as most people) to drop the international leg and just give me a FLR-FCO-DUS, but left my international inbound alone (this was ticketed on a mix of SAA and AA

Called Expedia to start full refund on a ticket which was due to fly out on the 28th December returning on the 6th January, Expedia told me to call AZ and cancel. Once cancellation confirmed call Expedia back to confirm and they would refund the booking fee.

Called AZ who instantly found my ticket using the booking ref and agreed to cancel the tickets.

Itinerary updated and showed the AZ part of the ticket had been cancelled but not the international inbound tickets.

Called Expedia back to request refund, they said the ticket was not fully cancelled as the itinerary showed the international inbounds, plus the tickets were confirmed and 'Exchanged' (not sure what that means...). I have been able to select seats and they appear in the AA app as confirmed.

Called AZ to tell them to fully cancel the tickets, this time gave them a 055 ticket number, operator found the tickets and said they will cancel.

Now 5 days later and still I can see the international inbound flights.

Is there anyway to confirm if these tickets have been cancelled? AZ can't send me an email. It's as if AZ have already paid the carrier for the tickets and can't cancel them.

I have another set of tickets for February on the same route with the same issue. However with these I would be happy to fly the one way in Biz for the £580 I paid. Has anyone flown the one way international sectors?

Any thoughts most welcome.