Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
So you didn't think our have a reasonable belief it was a mistake fare when you booked it?
Seeing it last over the weekend with explicit airline involvement (adding YQ) you could have reasonable belief that it was sanctioned by the airline (it was actually mentioned on several forums that perhaps it's a way to raise capital first then worry about the future).
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
Seeing it last over the weekend with explicit airline involvement (adding YQ) you could have reasonable belief that it was sanctioned by the airline (it was actually mentioned on several forums that perhaps it's a way to raise capital first then worry about the future).
Didn't that "explicit airline involvement" actually stop people buying this fare?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
Didn't that "explicit airline involvement" actually stop people buying this fare?
No way for me to know that. But pulling it should have, and they did not do that.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
So you didn't think our have a reasonable belief it was a mistake fare when you booked it?
We could go on and on about this one. A colleague recently flew on a $700 ticket from Europe to BKK on QR in business. What makes that any different from the $680 ticket that AZ tore up of mine which was very similar.

Mistakes happen but time is of the essence here. I have still not been advised by AZ or Opodo on one of my tickets.

Originally Posted by diego980
I'll keep you up-to-date.
Please do.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
We could go on and on about this one. A colleague recently flew on a $700 ticket from Europe to BKK on QR in business. What makes that any different from the $680 ticket that AZ tore up of mine which was very similar.

Mistakes happen but time is of the essence here. I have still not been advised by AZ or Opodo on one of my tickets.
What someone else did is irrelevant. The test is whether the person booking knew reasonably believe it was a mistake at the time the booking was made. Would be interesting to hear what the OP's answer is.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:56 pm

Bit of ex post facto reasoning there I think.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by irishguy28
6-10 business days - which have not yet elapsed.

That will bring you well into January .
This is what my email says:

When you'll get your refund
Your refund will be processed directly to the original form of payment used for the purchase of your ticket(s). You can expect the refund to reach your account within 6 to 10 days.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:06 pm

What someone else did is irrelevant. The test is whether the person booking knew reasonably believe it was a mistake at the time the booking was made. Would be interesting to hear what the OP's answer is.
I honestly can't say which of the fares I book are a mistake and which are not. If there airline was 100% sure it was correct when filing the fare and yet I end up displacing a walk up full fare passenger, was it a mistake by the airline to offer my fare to begin with? On the same note, if the airline goofs up and post a fare that it didn't intend to, yet there are free seats on the flight, was it really a mistake?

Not to mention the old reverse role argument - which actually applies here more then even reading that people were quoted $200 fees for canceling the ticket...

Bit of ex post facto reasoning there I think.
Not for anyone booking after the first YQ was put in.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:21 pm

I honestly can't say which of the fares I book are a mistake and which are not. If there airline was 100% sure it was correct when filing the fare and yet I end up displacing a walk up full fare passenger, was it a mistake by the airline to offer my fare to begin with? On the same note, if the airline goofs up and post a fare that it didn't intend to, yet there are free seats on the flight, was it really a mistake?
I am really not sure what any of this odd argument has to do with anything?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:27 pm

I am really not sure what any of this odd argument has to do with anything?
I may be wrong, but I suppose AZ issue with those tickets is the price, right?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:35 pm

I may be wrong, but I suppose AZ issue with those tickets is the price, right?
As opposed to what?

The error was not the price per se, for a one way J fare from FLR to DUS it was the right price. However, there were no routing restrictions included in the fare which meant this one way fare could be routed all over the place, clearly any normal one way intra Europe fare doesn't involve going via HKG, SYD etc.

I would also say I had no idea of the above when I booked my first one. However, I had a reasonable belief that at that level for those kinds of routings the fare was a mistake hence why within a few minutes of learning about it I very quickly booked a trip out to the Far East.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:47 pm

As opposed to what?

The error was not the price per se, for a one way J fare from FLR to DUS it was the right price. However, there were no routing restrictions included in the fare which meant this one way fare could be routed all over the place, clearly any normal one way intra Europe fare doesn't involve going via HKG, SYD etc.

I would also say I had no idea of the above when I booked my first one. However, I had a reasonable belief that at that level for those kinds of routings the fare was a mistake hence why within a few minutes of learning about it I very quickly booked a trip out to the Far East.
I don't know - I suppose they could claim that they as an airline didn't mean to provide air transportation on offer and that was the mistake? It doesn't seem any wackier of an excuse to me then a "computer error".

Not a single person I know had any say whatsoever as to what fare they used when imputing their origin and destination(s) into a travel booking site, so it all boils down to the price Alitalia isn't happy with for the ticket they (through 3rd party they knowingly do business with) sold. Having established that we can move on to figuring the mistake part, and that's where my argument fits in.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:49 pm

I don't know - I suppose they could claim that they as an airline didn't mean to provide air transportation on offer and that was the mistake? It doesn't seem any wackier of an excuse to me then a "computer error".

Not a single person I know had any say whatsoever as to what fare they used when imputing their origin and destination(s) into a travel booking site, so it all boils down to the price Alitalia isn't happy with for the ticket they (through 3rd party they knowingly do business with) sold. Having established that we can move on to figuring the mistake part, and that's where my argument fits in.
Your argument isn't relevant to the legal test which I have mentioned and which appears in many of the cases I have read for similar mistake fare situations.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:56 pm

Your argument isn't relevant to the legal test which I have mentioned and which appears in many of the cases I have read for similar mistake fare situations.
Care to elaborate on the isn't?
Similar arguments have successfully been made in the cases of ticket refunds in Germany.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:00 pm

Care to elaborate on the isn't?
Similar arguments have successfully been made in the cases of ticket refunds in Germany.
Please could you provide links to these cases?

Any argument can be forwarded. However, based on the several have read I have told you what the test is. The less relevant your argument is to that test the less likely you would succeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.