Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by davecpdx
Trying to maintain gold status next year and I need some help planning a mileage run. Thanks in advance!

Departure Airport: PDX
Miles Needed: 8,468
Required Spend or Budget: <$500 (if possible)
Available Travel Dates: Prefer Weekends thru the end of the year.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS and Codeshares OK
Hmmm, you are unfortunately a little late to the EOY MR party. Under $500 for that many miles is gonna be really, really tough (and compounded by the weekend flights). Have you received a buy up offer for EQM??
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:27 pm

@DrAlex thanks for the reply. I did end up booking a PDX to NYC for about $400 next weekend, but that leaves me about ~3K short, but some time to make another MR. I have not received the EQM buy up offer yet, but I'm hoping.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by davecpdx
@DrAlex thanks for the reply. I did end up booking a PDX to NYC for about $400 next weekend, but that leaves me about ~3K short, but some time to make another MR. I have not received the EQM buy up offer yet, but I'm hoping.
Check out the mid-cons for the last 3K: MSP, MCI, OKC, DAL, MKE. There were some cheap fares last week and there’s a flash sale today. Otherwise maybe you could do a 6 segment tour of the PNW!?

ETA: PDX-DEN!!
davecpdx likes this.

Last edited by DrAlex; Dec 4, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:51 pm

@DrAlex, thanks I'll check those options out.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I know I'm a bit late to make it, but here we are

Miles Needed: 8,164
Required Spend or Budget: <$1000 (if possible)

I was also curious - does anyone know if Miles & Money award tickets still award EQMs? I know Miles Only tickets don't, but if Miles & Money do, I'm also okay using miles to bump up to the next tier of status (currently MVP, hoping for MVP Gold)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:11 am

Just found this for Alaska. A work trip I was banking on got cancelled so now need a last minute mileage run in hopes of getting MVP Gold. Thanks in advance!

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 4,500
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Mulan135
Just found this for Alaska. A work trip I was banking on got cancelled so now need a last minute mileage run in hopes of getting MVP Gold. Thanks in advance!

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 4,500
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS
I don't have the ability to post photos yet as I'm still new to the forums, but this is an itinerary similar to one the one I just booked for my mileage run, and is the most cost effective route left this year.

AS 426 - Saturday 12/15 departing SEA at 7:35 AM, arriving in JFK at 3:49 PM
AS 359 - Saturday 12/15 departing JFK at 6:40 PM, arriving in SEA at 10:12 PM

Total price - $420.80 after fees and taxes. Total Miles - 4828
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by felanor
I don't have the ability to post photos yet as I'm still new to the forums, but this is an itinerary similar to one the one I just booked for my mileage run, and is the most cost effective route left this year.

AS 426 - Saturday 12/15 departing SEA at 7:35 AM, arriving in JFK at 3:49 PM
AS 359 - Saturday 12/15 departing JFK at 6:40 PM, arriving in SEA at 10:12 PM

Total price - $420.80 after fees and taxes. Total Miles - 4828
Thanks @felanor ! That is indeed the cheapest flight! I also booked SEA-JFK-SEA but I'm taking the red-eye there to see a friend for lunch and do a little shopping. AS 18 departing 12/14 depart 9:55pm arrive 6:04am. I'm on the same flight back. Cost $483.80.

I'm new to this, can you PM me? Let me know if you want any NY food, I'll bring you something since I dunno if you have too much time to leave the airport (total point of a mileage run). Also, I have priority lounge access that I can take a guest in if you want. No pressure if you want to do you as well. Thanks for the tip!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
PDX-MSY $580 and PDX-DFW $511 is 8,424 w/ 500Mi Mins. It's a few bucks over budget, but Ti's the season. Good luck ^
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:07 pm

I know I'm a bit late to make it, but here we are

I was also curious - does anyone know if Miles & Money award tickets still award EQMs? I know Miles Only tickets don't, but if Miles & Money do, I'm also okay using miles to bump up to the next tier of status (currently MVP, hoping for MVP Gold)
Not sure if you still need more recommendations, but this weekend PDX-KOA is $451, with 5212 EQMs.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:48 pm

Thanks everyone,

i ended up booking back to back transcons from PDX to JFK this weekend. With using miles and money, I was able to keep it under $600. Looking forward to getting MVPG for the first time ever!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:37 pm

I know there is next to no chance I can get an answer or ideas in time but I'm about 3600 short of retaining my MVP status and I had a flight from EWR to SFO booked that I had to cancel due to family issues. I can reschedule using the credit from the fare until midnight (is alaska on west coast time,) and use my fare ($238) towards the flight. What is my best option ASAP to rebook an overnight or same day out of NYC between Dec 20th and 25th. There COULD be some flexibility to travel on the 166th or 17th or 30th or 31st. Best I've seen is some same day turnarounds to vegas on the 17th for $385. Edit: an overnight would be ok if it were less than 12 hours or so btw flights

(reason for ambiguous distance to MVP is that I am 4598 short but because I had a flight routed shorter they agreed to makke the distance differential count towards requalification if I needed it.)

Last edited by PRoth59; Dec 11, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by PRoth59
I know there is next to no chance I can get an answer or ideas in time but I'm about 3600 short of retaining my MVP status and I had a flight from EWR to SFO booked that I had to cancel due to family issues. I can reschedule using the credit from the fare until midnight (is alaska on west coast time,) and use my fare ($238) towards the flight. What is my best option ASAP to rebook an overnight or same day out of NYC between Dec 20th and 25th. There COULD be some flexibility to travel on the 166th or 17th or 30th or 31st. Best I've seen is some same day turnarounds to vegas on the 17th for $385. Edit: an overnight would be ok if it were less than 12 hours or so btw flights

(reason for ambiguous distance to MVP is that I am 4598 short but because I had a flight routed shorter they agreed to make the distance differential count towards requalification if I needed it.)
Looking at the timelines available, that deal is the cheapest you're going to find. You could get JFK to SJC to JFK Christmas Eve / Christmas Day for $546 total ($308 difference), and would earn you 5122 miles.

1037 Departing JFK 12/24 at 4:30 PM, landing in SJC at 8:05 PM
1036 Departing SJC 12/25 at 7:05 AM, landing in JFK at 3:30 PM

Alaska is on West Coast time, so you've got just under 7 hours to book. This itinerary does get you less than 12 hours between flights (11 hours to be exact. )

Best of luck!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:10 pm

Looking at the timelines available, that deal is the cheapest you're going to find. You could get JFK to SJC to JFK Christmas Eve / Christmas Day for $546 total ($308 difference), and would earn you 5122 miles.

1037 Departing JFK 12/24 at 4:30 PM, landing in SJC at 8:05 PM
1036 Departing SJC 12/25 at 7:05 AM, landing in JFK at 3:30 PM

Alaska is on West Coast time, so you've got just under 7 hours to book. This itinerary does get you less than 12 hours between flights (11 hours to be exact. )

Best of luck!

Much appreciated. I want to do the vegas turnaround but I anticipate flak even for 21 hours away. AS status is sooo awesome though....( I have one of the crazy flying blue biz class redemptions on dec 26th and even thats up in the air.)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:13 pm

Understandable. If I were on the verge of just hitting MVP, I might not make the run. But for going on a run for MVPG, it was definitely worth it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.