Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
hmmmm.....didnt i pay 700+ euros for my flight to Cancun?
You/We took advantage of someone else's mistake.
Sometimes you/we don't get caught and can enjoy the loot, some other times you/we are stopped from enjoying what you/we weren't entitled to in the first place.

It's a game that comes with some rules. Don't call the airline, don't book positioning until couple of weeks later and, last but not least, don't whine as a baby that:
- you'll never fly the airline again
- customer care sucks because they won't honor the mistake
- DOT and government are not enforcing them to let you fly a well deserved First class ticket

and so on
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by ABeautifulPlaceInThe
It's not that difficult to code a CRM system to trigger an email on flight cancellation.........
Of course on this occasion I was fully aware that the flight was an error fare but it does not position BA well from a CS perspective in my book when flying seriously.
Never had a problem getting notified by BA of scheduled changes, cancellations or delays on "regular" bookings.
As you are fully aware of, these kinds of booking aren't managed with the usual CRM system, hence not triggering the usual emails.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:23 am

Booked mine through AA. Mixed itinerary on BA and AA. Still confirmed.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by maclover

It's a game that comes with some rules. Don't call the airline, don't book positioning until couple of weeks later and, last but not least, don't whine as a baby that:
- you'll never fly the airline again
- customer care sucks because they won't honor the mistake
- DOT and government are not enforcing them to let you fly a well deserved First class ticket

and so on
I am doing none of these things. As my first experience with BA in a long long time:

* I am surprised that they do not notify flight cancellations.
* I would not be encouraged to fly with them based on this.

No more no less.

This Tequilagate was a bit of fun for me, but it has reminded me of why I converted from BA quite a few years ago.

Last edited by ABeautifulPlaceInThe; Aug 28, 2015 at 8:33 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
I had a flight on hold on AA, just called now to make the payment and my flight was ticketed while on the phone again, like yesterday.

Everything is confirmed and I did received the ETKT.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by maclover
Never had a problem getting notified by BA of scheduled changes, cancellations or delays on "regular" bookings.
As you are fully aware of, these kinds of booking aren't managed with the usual CRM system, hence not triggering the usual emails.
Best practice is to code for the exception as well. It can even be included as a manual process flow:

Cancel flight > Raise ticket to CS > CS contact customer
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by sebanto2001
I had a flight on hold on AA, just called now to make the payment and my flight was ticketed while on the phone again, like yesterday.

I will take this as a good sign 👍
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR

I hope you will fly, but even having an eticket number starting with 125 does not mean that you ACTUALLY will fly.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat

Sorry for the dumb question. How do I get the ETKT. I received the confirmation mail w/o any ETKT number and it shows ticketed on AA.com but can't see the number as well. Where do I have to look/clic the find the ETKT number ?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
Presently playing full blast at BAHQ: https://open.spotify.com/track/51uE7lUza1RqcmFZ2bDijv
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Artemio
Sorry for the dumb question. How do I get the ETKT. I received the confirmation mail w/o any ETKT number and it shows ticketed on AA.com but can't see the number as well. Where do I have to look/clic the find the ETKT number ?
At the bottom of your flight details on aa.com you should have the following

Click on 'Print itinerary and receipt' on the right and it will display receipt in a new window where at the bottom you'll see a number starting with 001.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by jms_uk

Click on 'Print itinerary and receipt' on the right and it will display receipt in a new window where at the bottom you'll see a number starting with 001.
Great ! ^ thx jms_uk
Just hope it holds
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:14 am

BA is calling

BA just gave me a call. They initially tried to contact me using a 'hidden' number, 20 minutes later they tried again with a +44 number.

Decided to accept the call to see how they are handling this. They clearly wanted to cover their *ss, as they immediately stated the conversation was being recorded. The lady told me she was from the BA Service Department and asked me if I had received their cancellation email (I did not). She was instructed to call me by revenue management to inform me my ticket was cancelled and my boarding passes invalid due to a 'pricing error' - the fare was supposed to be economy class. She repeated a number of statements several times to make sure I would not be able to state the airline didn't inform me in advance. Revenue management was giving me the option to still make the trip... in Y. Again a trick to make sure I cannot state they denied me boarding.

Anyway, all more or less as expected. Could have ignored the call but would have received the same info at PRG. Could have been lucky with cancellations only handled after the weekend, but not this time. Congrats to all those who departed today!

Last edited by bartla; Aug 28, 2015 at 9:19 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Sorry to hear about this buddy.
My flights booked on BA.com are gone but aa.com still shows them all.

I don't know for how long though

Originally Posted by bartla
BA just gave me a call. They initially tried to contact me using a 'hidden' number, 20 minutes later they tried again with a +44 number.

Decided to accept the call to see how they are handling this. They clearly wanted to cover their *ss, as they immediately stated the conversation was being recorded. The lady told me she was from the BA Service Department and asked me if I had received their cancellation email (I did not). She was instructed to call me by revenue management to inform me my ticket was cancelled and my boarding passes invalid due to a 'pricing error' - the fare was supposed to be economy class. She repeated a number of statements several times to make sure I would not be able to state the airline didn't inform me in advance. Revenue management was giving me the option to still make the trip... in Y. Again a trick to make sure I cannot state they denied me boarding.

Anyway, all more or less as expected. Could have ignored the call but would have got the same info at PRG. Could have been lucky with cancellations only handled after the weekend, but not this time. Congrats to all those who departed today!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:35 am

My Iberia segment has dropped now.

I guess that leaves the stage to the people who booked with aa.com....

Best of luck, hope this pans out like GRU for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.