Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ottorockit
I got a ticket from AA that is still active. When the tickets will be honnorored I will be more then happy, but how is this possible:

When booking I clicked on the row with 1st class tickets. On my way to MEX I got J + F + J booking.

But on my way back to PRG I got J + Y (for the 7 hour segment) + J.
The Y segment is the ORD - LHR segment.

4 bussiness class tickets, 1 first and one in Y is a no brainer for less then 700 euro's. So I did booked it right away because I knew time was ticking.

But the question is, when you really pay that much amouth of money and you don't know about classes witch to select, how can you expect you will be stucked in Y when there is minumum a class J on that plane when you book a ticket first class in the system and have to pay over 7000 euro's??

After the error fare I tried it again, and still the class Y showes up in some of the booking selections.

Is this normal?
I think this may have something to do with when they (presumably BA) tried to fix the erroneous fare. Somebody mentioned in another thread that the fare was published incorrectly as First when it should have been in economy. It may well be that, when they tried to fix the fare, during the transition the system somehow booked some flights in the itineraries into Y while still booking others into J and F.

I'm only speculating, but this may explain your ticket.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just for the future:
It's obviously better to book through AA than BA.

But should one put several reservations on hold and then book after 20 hours or so, or is it better to book through AA straight away?

Also, it is important to book all segments with AA codes, or is that irrelevant?
I saw some people mention something about ticket numbers starting with "125"?

Sorry, I'm a newbie...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:44 pm

Deleted

Last edited by ottorockit; Aug 30, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
It seems some AA tickets are getting canceled ....
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I guess Discount Dougie overruled the social media and CS folks.
So much for "we'll honor the fare and enjoy your trip".

All 3 of mine have disappeared from "My Trips".

When I input the PNRs, all I get is...

Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:01 pm

Yes, my flight is just cancelled. Lots of other people their flights are also cancelled I just wrote on other forums
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio
It seems some AA tickets are getting canceled ....
Just checked my ticket status at AA.com. My ticket got chanceled, without any communication from AA so far :-(. Seems AA is not any better then BA
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Mine's gone too.

Last edited by headingwest; Aug 31, 2015 at 6:33 am Reason: my image was copied by others and used on social media (twitter)
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: LH M&M Sen *, AB Topbonus Platinum, Emirates Skywards Gold, Alitalia MilleMiglia Freccia Alata Plus
Originally Posted by headingwest
Mine's gone too.
me too
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Gone here too. AA ticket on 001 stock
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: LH M&M Sen *, AB Topbonus Platinum, Emirates Skywards Gold, Alitalia MilleMiglia Freccia Alata Plus
http://www.americanairlines.de/intl/...tomerrelations
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:01 pm

Mmm...also canceled
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:31 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Mine gone too.

I'm assuming this doesn't fall under DOT jurisdiction because the trip starts & terminates outside of the US?

I wonder if BA's joint venture relationship with AA influenced their decision. Hard to believe they'd honour the Brazil error fares and not this.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Mine gone too.

I'm assuming this doesn't fall under DOT jurisdiction because the trip starts & terminates outside of the US?

I wonder if BA's joint venture relationship with AA influenced their decision. Hard to believe they'd honour the Brazil error fares and not this.
I think that was more connected to some Brazilian consumer protection regulations than anything else...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:57 pm

Mine all AA metal and got canceled today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.