Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maclover
As I told you before, I'm sure most of the people who tried to fly F for 700€ will buy a 5.000€ F ticket for every of their next trips.
Well I did recently buy 2 round-trip OSL-CDG-JFK First Class tickets on Air France for $2,700€, including the new 4 seat single row 77W cabin on both TATL legs. Should I call AF and tell them that I think the fare is too low and I'd like to pay more?

Your posts sound like sour grapes from someone that missed the sale and/or you're simply a BA apologist.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Your posts sound like sour grapes from someone that missed the sale and/or you're simply a BA apologist.
I'm (still) ticketed with AA ^
I'm not BA apologist, just I don't have the guts to pretend I didn't know this was non intentional price when I booked it. Meaning that if airline is canceling it due to a genuine error I was fully aware of, I won't be crying
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Still boycotting Long-haul BA F? aka J+ I haven't been to the CCR in a few years so decided to grab BA metal... let's see how this pans out...
Getting BA Gold for <2000 EUR seems like a very good deal to me (and minimises my exposure to AA miles.)
And I thought the ex OSL fare 3 weeks ago was a good deal...
(the best part was I would have otherwise booked an O class ticket ex MAD that cost about the same as said ex OSL ticket, including positioning from LON to OSL/MAD.)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
Well I did recently buy 2 round-trip OSL-CDG-JFK First Class tickets on Air France for $2,700€, including the new 4 seat single row 77W cabin on both TATL legs. Should I call AF and tell them that I think the fare is too low and I'd like to pay more?

That is a cool price for AF F I would even be happy with that being pp

Are such deals still around?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by bartla
First of all, thanks OP. I was booked for departure tomorrow at 7am. Checked-in online this morning and printed boarding passes for flights to Cancun. Haven't received any email yet from BA, but did notice at BA.com they have cancelled my flights. I'm still planning to travel to PRG today and will be present at check-in tomorrow morning. Not expecting to fly, but want to receive a formal denied boarding. You win some, you lose some. Maybe we can organize a little meet-up with FT's at PRG tomorrow? ;-)
The guy with the wonderful photos!.. Clever move ^ Really looking forward for the update on the result!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Just read the next bartla post.. I would prefer you didn't answer the call

I'm betting that the situation could be handled more on 'your favor' at the airport rather than a well-trained-smooth-cold-blooded (probably lawyer) representative calling for the specific issue.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:14 pm

The talk is on the EC forum that many members who booked with AA have had it confirmed by AA staff that their tickets will be honoured.

If you are booked with AA and are not already it's probably worth tracking that thread.

It seems a cautious congratulations may be in order.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:15 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
FWIW, just purchased my held AA itinerary 20 minutes ago. PRG-LHR-LAX-SJD-DFW-LHR-PRG for next May. Ticketed in 5 minutes ^
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinium
Originally Posted by Simon1
Yes it works but will that be honored?
You can always go to EU court if they will cancel your ticket.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Who is the first person traveling on this fare that did not have their ticket canceled?
Would be nice to see if the miles post with appropriate bonuses, assuming credit to AA.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
AA has just given me written confirmation that my booking PRG-LHR-DFW-MEX//MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG will be honoured. I consider that to be a very generous offer by American Airlines and I will be booking with them more in the future.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by headingwest
AA has just given me written confirmation that my booking PRG-LHR-DFW-MEX//MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG will be honoured. I consider that to be a very generous offer by American Airlines and I will be booking with them more in the future.
Crap looks like I'd better purchase only if I actually want to fly .
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by ABeautifulPlaceInThe
The talk is on the EC forum that many members who booked with AA have had it confirmed by AA staff that their tickets will be honoured.

If you are booked with AA and are not already it's probably worth tracking that thread.

It seems a cautious congratulations may be in order.
Hi,

Can you provide a link to the EC Forum mentioned above?
I tried doing some search but got no where.

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

Can you provide a link to the EC Forum mentioned above?
I tried doing some search but got no where.

Thanks!
It's the British Airways Executive Club section

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tive-club-446/
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS,TK

I am holding one on AA ! I hope the ticket purchased on AA is good miles earning cos I need a good mile run this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.