Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:20 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by willismac
what does 125 stock mean?
125 is BA, hence it was a BA issued ticket.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
ba is shining through 👎
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Likewise, red line through flights - now listed as CANCELLED on MMB.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:23 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The can reprice your itinerary to what it would have been ending in LHR, though (thousands of pounds) and try and come after you for the additional fare.
I've often wondered about this. Could they attempt to do something like this even with AA-issued tickets? Or only their own stock?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:23 am

This amused me, a couple of A levels will help your application, but they are not strictly necessary.

"With one of the world's largest fleets, British Airways is a prestigious global brand. For you, that means a breadth of scope and opportunity to let your career take flight. Carrying out essential day-to-day analysis and making direct commercial decisions, this is a great opportunity to influence the bottom line to the tune of millions of pounds. Working within a real international environment with multi airline and department exposure, this could be your opportunity to shine.
We are looking for analytically minded individuals to join our Global Revenue team working as either pricing or inventory analysts. Using cutting edge revenue management tools and working with other analytical teams, you will observe trends, predict demand for air travel and understand competitor behavior, closely analysing seat usage. You will use this information to form commercial strategies and spot and react to future revenue challenges as well as to identifying new opportunities and resolving commercial issues.
To rise to the challenge, you will have a commercial and/or numerical background to include either a degree or relevant A' levels or relevant equivalent experience. You will be commercially astute, will have demonstrable analytical skills and the ability to use Excel to analyse data. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team.

LocationLondon, UK
IndustryIT
Start DateASAP
RateGBP
CompanyBritish Airways
ContactBritish Airways
ReferenceJS2000362/59368692
Posted Date25/08/2015 17:13:17"
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: EY - Gold, BA - Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
why should i regret it? I am happy if someone puts any information.
And its not my fault anyway, someone put a screenshot on twitter on BA.com ..
Can't knock someone for sharing a good deal and trying to help others. It's people like this that make a difference and who we're all thankful to. Unfair criticism... does the person criticising have a crystal ball?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by ABeautifulPlaceInThe
This amused me, a couple of A levels will help your application, but they are not strictly necessary.

"demonstrable analytical skills and the ability to use Excel to analyse data. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team."
There is some kid going through an excel spreadsheet deleting row by row and then manually uploading changes..? I'm still waiting for my cancellation..
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:34 am

*deleted

Last edited by ABeautifulPlaceInThe; Aug 28, 2015 at 5:45 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
My trip for next May, booked on aa.com, with one TATL segment operated by BA, is still showing OK.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by jose2000
There is some kid going through an excel spreadsheet deleting row by row and then manually uploading changes..? I'm still waiting for my cancellation..
I hope this kid knows something more than how to 'sort' otherwise some of us could still be waiting til next week. He could have all the a-levels in the world but if he doesn't know how to write formulas or use conditional formatting then he's really in the wars. If he could do VBA as well .. that'd be the coup de grâce.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
My booking got no red stripes in MMB , it just completely disappeared from my MMB
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:46 am

I hope that all tickets booked directly on AA get trough. At least we would have a direct contract with AA and this would be something between AA and BA to figure out. To my knowledge, AA did not behave in such a unprofessional and customer-fooling way ...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Polo1980
My booking got no red stripes in MMB , it just completely disappeared from my MMB
You can check via manage my booking via WWW.ba.COM youll see it. If it just dissappeared youve been most likely BRATWURSTed
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: Many
My booking (made on ba.com) now appears cancelled : red stripes on BA flights, no more AA flights being displayed.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by nordlicht2002
I hope that all tickets booked directly on AA get trough. At least we would have a direct contract with AA and this would be something between AA and BA to figure out. To my knowledge, AA did not behave in such a unprofessional and customer-fooling way ...
It would be odd for them to treat these differently, because I'd expect that these routes are covered by their TATL JV, where they share revenue and expenses. Or does that not apply to Mexico-Europe routes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.