Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Fare is Gone
Print Wikipost

(Gone) US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by jfkeze
I can't see my ticket on AA.com, but I do have a conformation email and Ticket number. As I said on the Etihad deal, I dare an airline to cancel, my DoT template is armed and ready to go hehe
Not my first rodeo with mistake fares and the DoT.
Care to share? That could come in handy one day.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Section 399.88(a) states that it is an unfair and deceptive practice for any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to, or from the United States, or of a tour or tour component that includes scheduled air transportation within, to, or from the United States, to increase the price of that air transportation to a consumer after the air transportation has been purchased by the consumer, except in the case of a government-imposed tax or fee and only if the passenger is advised of a possible increase before purchasing a ticket. A purchase occurs when the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer. Therefore, if a consumer purchases a fare and that consumer receives confirmation (such as a confirmation email and/or the purchase appears on their credit card statement or online account summary) of their purchase, then the seller of air transportation cannot increase the price of that air transportation to that consumer, even when the fare is a “mistake.”

A contract of carriage provision that reserves the right to cancel such ticketed purchases or reserves the right to raise the fare cannot legalize the practice described above. The Enforcement Office would consider any contract of carriage provision that attempts to relieve a carrier of the prohibition against post-purchase price increase to be an unfair and deceptive practice in violation of 49 U.S.C. § 41712.

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2012/08...#ixzz2sB5OuYtO
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Where did you book it?
US Airways website
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mahdego
next time any deal comes up like this, just book out of the cheap city and worry about getting to your flight departure for cheap ( for instance, $40 or so megabus from DC to NYC versus paying $450 for the flight over to NY)
The flights were only $100 more out of DCA for our window of dates. We decided it was worth the extra money to fly from home. (Had the flights cost $153 out of JFK for our August dates, we would have taken some sort of public transport to JFK.)
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Satblaster

A contract of carriage provision that reserves the right to cancel such ticketed purchases or reserves the right to raise the fare cannot legalize the practice described above. The Enforcement Office would consider any contract of carriage provision that attempts to relieve a carrier of the prohibition against post-purchase price increase to be an unfair and deceptive practice in violation of 49 U.S.C. § 41712.

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2012/08...#ixzz2sB5OuYtO
Here we go again! Get ready for 20 pages of this, y'all
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:29 am

I do have some weird Reservation number showing cancelled but no departure date or other information. and when I go to show information, it says they are unable to show the reservation and it will be removed.

EDIT - and now I do not have any reservations... just wait it out I guess.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Any OTAs still working? Had some flights ready but now gone.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Checked the usual suspects not seeing any residual OTA availability from my search. Anyone finding anything? Congrats on those who snagged these!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Fare is dead. Just to repeat, it died a few hours ago .
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Fare is dead. Just to repeat, it died a few hours ago .

Maybe the MODs can add that to the title... and move it to the MR discussion forum instead of keeping it here
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
sleeping in on the west coast sucks sometimes. oh well, my calendar is already full. congrats to those who got in on it!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

I've alerted the mods, or at least I think I did anyway. Too many threads going at once .
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:12 am

Thanks for posting, booked one to MXP at around 6am MST.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by ben63
http://www.lowcostofertas.com/2014/0...k-por-140.html

lot of US destination available. Search on kayak.com

Available from MXP, FCO too.

Most flights are available late March, early April.
ben63, thanks so much for sharing this! Happy travels!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sugaree1
The flights were only $100 more out of DCA for our window of dates. We decided it was worth the extra money to fly from home. (Had the flights cost $153 out of JFK for our August dates, we would have taken some sort of public transport to JFK.)
Oh man! You're killin' me. In my frenzy, I didn't check DCA. I only checked IAD. So, I'll be taking a train to JFK unless I find a decent airfare to fly to JFK.

As always, I wS just trying to book as fast as possible and figure the rest out later .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.