Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Fare is Gone
Print Wikipost

(Gone) US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premium
When I went to USair to choose seats for our May tix JFK-MXP I was directed to the AA website where I was able to choose seats no problem and add my AA frequent flier number. They are ticketed so I think this family vacation is going to happen after all!

Also, the meals are still listed but it they might 'alter' our food so it would be best to skip them after all. jk
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:03 am

Gentlemen,

I was able to pick my seats through the link on the US Airways website. The status of my flight is 'ticketed' as well. However, when I try to login through AA.com with the AA locator, it cannot find my reservation. If I try to retrieve my reservation through the AAdvantage module, nothing pops up either. Is this 'normal'? Also, as the fare is now 'O' at American Airlines, I guess I won't be able to upgrade myself using AAmiles?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
A day without FT and look what I have missed out...
Congrats to all those bagged the amazing deal.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:25 am

O fare

Originally Posted by Satblaster
Thanks to all for the update
Premium seats picked
Passenger info all updated ticketed and confirmed by AA
As to the proper fare code mine shows O also but my original email showed VKX3Q2G1 and since the V code along with my feeder flights will get me to Ex plat level will have to push this issue with them.
Does the "O" fare earn the basic miles for the AAdvantage (100%) ?
I have it on the overseas flights.. thanks a lot!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:34 am

LAD,

Yes, it does. 100%.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:49 am

So anyone been contacted by OTA / US ?

Have three bookings. All almost immediately had US-PNR and Ticket-# and have meanwhile been updated with AA-PNR. This allowed seat selection on americanairlines.com.

Would love to hear back from travellers travelling experience who booked on this deal.

P.S.: Funnily when I visited FT regularly I never got in on such a deal, yet this time I actually disovered it on kayak first, before coming here to check if this was real
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MarcoRT
So anyone been contacted by OTA / US ?
No reason to expect them to make contact. It is all properly ticketed. I expect to fly this with no problem whatsoever.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by zgringo14
No reason to expect them to make contact. It is all properly ticketed. I expect to fly this with no problem whatsoever.
+1

All looking good now. Looking at hotels and positioning flights
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I booked the wrong date for the return and have to cancel since I can't fly that day. Boo!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
I booked the wrong date for the return and have to cancel since I can't fly that day. Boo!
what are fees r charges in case of cancellation? thanks
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
I missed the deal by a half hour. If anyone has two tickets they can't use please let me know. Not sure if this is against FT rules.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, Marriott G, SPG G
Originally Posted by anngi
I missed the deal by a half hour. If anyone has two tickets they can't use please let me know. Not sure if this is against FT rules.
i don't think air tickets permit name changes?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, Marriott G, SPG G
Originally Posted by nenne
what are fees r charges in case of cancellation? thanks
restricted economy fares are usually non-refundable, but usu airlines lets you pay the change fee and retain the ticket value toward future bookings
but as these fares are below $200 (typical change fee for major airlines these days. not sure if more for intl flights?), you'd be better off throwing them away
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:22 am

card authentication

Hi guys

first post here and probably panicking a little as I have both US and AA ref numbers and even selected seats.

1) I managed to book 2seats on BCN JFK 28.03-01.04 through OPODO.fr. However they seem to have a pre-auth on the (debit) card, but haven't actually taken the money. Is this normal and can they NOT charge me? Would you recommend me not to book the positioning flights yet?

2) Apparently opodo have glued my first and middle name and they both appear as first name on aa.com. Probably not an issue but I can't add my FF# as it appears as a different name. should I call?

thanks so much!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Originally Posted by tjtcwfls
i don't think air tickets permit name changes?
Was curious after I posted and found this about changing names. Found these
http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...strictions.jsp
http://elliott.org/blog/yes-the-name...hanks-expedia/
Love the KRYS comment from 5 years ago about someone who went as far as having his dad's name legally changed which cost $60 which was cheaper than paying the change fee and then paid another $60 to get his real name back.
I know I tried to change my DL error date and it was going to cost 35 times what I paid.

Last edited by anngi; Feb 4, 2014 at 3:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.