Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:03 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Booked exactly at 2:30 CST yesterday, Used Amex, no pending charges.

Anyone get their booking for TLV processed all the way? I can select seats in United, see it on Checkmytrip and even purchased priority boarding for the first stop (odd I know). It is for the end of February.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I snoozed; I losed
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Did not read all of the last page, so it might have been mentioned before:

http://www.forbes.com/(...)/mistake-in-norwegian-booking-site-puts-tickets-to-europe-as-low-as-149/
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:09 pm

Just got e-ticket after almost 24 hours!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Needed to cancel a rez that had ticketed. No link to cancel on wideroe. I was able to cancel on United.com and now checkMytrip shows that it is cancelled.

Anybody else cancel exclusively via the united website? Any reason for concern with this?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
LGA to MXP is still there for certain dates in Feb. For ex, leave on 18th, come back 21st, 210 EUR. You have go to Montreal and then Frankfurt and it is all on Air Canada. Not booking it myself (already got IAD-DUB for $296 in Jan, ticketed) so there might be other problems when you get into the booking process, but who knows.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by germantraveler

http://www.forbes.com/(...)/mistake-in-norwegian-booking-site-puts-tickets-to-europe-as-low-as-149/
Poorly researched and factually inaccurate. Awesome.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by jesslonguf
Same site. Appears that only NYC - MXP is working via Air Canada.
It is just the most noticeable - the base fare for this routing is $35 return. The YQ is over $500.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

It seems this entire account is based on this this thread. Pretty funny.

I rather doubt this quote is accurate, but it's still pretty funny. (My guess is that the author saw us FTers making jokes about them adding servers to keep up with demand last night.)

By all accounts, Widerøe appears to be honoring the sold tickets, at one point even adding servers to keep up with the load.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by bhsu21
Give chase a call because they may have blocked the transaction. I had the same thing. Nothing on my card. Then email and text telling me my card didnt work.
I did right away. Nothing had appeared yet or been blocked so it should all be good.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium

I thought it would be monday before an articles would show up
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

LOL

It's amazing what passes for journalism these days. Fact checking....? We don't need no steenking fact checking!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hobo13
Needed to cancel a rez that had ticketed. No link to cancel on wideroe. I was able to cancel on United.com and now checkMytrip shows that it is cancelled.

Anybody else cancel exclusively via the united website? Any reason for concern with this?
There's a link in your ticket confirmation email (top right). Alternatively you can go to the web site and request a new email with a cancellation link. Typically you need to cancel with the agency that issues the ticket to ensure proper processing. YMMV.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Mem but I'm willing even to drive to BNA or jump a nonstop somewhere. Easiest outbounds would be from

ORD, IAH, ATL, DCA, even MCO
Able to route on IAH-AC/YYZ-AC/YUL-AC/FRA-LH/MXP
Somedate on FEB and very limited on MAR have to leave TUE or WED

220ish EUR

Found on 14.50EST
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by Jigen666
Did anybody book a flight that goes out this week? I'm curious to know if UA will react oddly to any PAX that has a ticket.

If not, I've got a ticket booked for 12/3. So I may be one of the first canaries in the coal mine.

Will keep you appraised.
We should all know within the next 48 hours. If we don't, please let us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.