Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by meehgz
My second one ticketed right after I posted about the first one ticketing in the last hour or so as well... looks like we were on the same timeline Glad we were able to sort out the cancel issue!
How did you find out it ticketed?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by civico
Anyone else STILL waiting?
Yes, I have one itin that hasn't ticketed yet. It was in the middle of the pack in terms of booking time for me. SPG Amex. They claim nothing from Norway has been attempted. I tried to resubmit.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by saranyc
Originally Posted by hobo13
I would estimate that we are somewhere around Stage 2 - 4.... if you swap paper tickets for electronic.
oh no, almost time for mixed drinks?!
Looks like I jumped the gun on Stage 5 a little early last night... :P

[Called CC to alert to charge] and just completed the posted update CC link proactively - was a bit difficult to try to articulate to the customer service agent what I needed without sounding sketchy after stepping out for a few drinks post-spending five hours straight on this thread/wideroe haha. Managed though. Off to sleep with hopes that my painful itinerary tickets while I snooze...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
My plans:

ARN-NYC (Lifemiles, prob LH F)
Watch SB
NYC-MXP (4th of FEB)
MXP - NYC (27th of May)
NYC-ARN (Lifemiles...)

(NYX-MXP with AC and MXP-NYC with LX, 194€. Not wow good but decent price)
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by altoplatinum
How did you find out it ticketed?
Wideroe sends out an email when these bookings ticket. Should have the subject "Kvittering E-ticket [ticket #]/[confirmation #] ([pax name], [itinerary], [date])"
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum
Wideroe sends out an email when these bookings ticket. Should have the subject "Kvittering E-ticket [ticket #]/[confirmation #] ([pax name], [itinerary], [date])"
ok, i booked mine around 10 am EST, should i be concerned?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by hobo13
We booked one RT ex-RGN C fare in R1. (And wondered how we would get there!) Then R3 happened, and we booked a one-way F ticket back to Canada. Then we positioned to RGN with a one-way UA W fare to HKG. And then used a single award to bounce around SE Asia for intra-region positioning. Of, and course there were the intra-North America positioning flights to/from SFO and YUL! Clear as mud?

We spent MONTHS diagramming this all on a white board. Not kidding.

So if this was not advanced-friendly, does that make me an expert?
Lol way too much pain for me. I could have figured that out, but wasn't worth the effort, I'm lazy . Good maneuvers though @:-).
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
A Different place - Myanmar

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Nobody bothered to mention all of the Rangoon fares?

I'm slightly biased towards $1000 NYC-Easter Island, Chile in LAN J myself : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...6-8-cpm-j.html
For us, the true value of the RGN fares was the visit to a country we never would have visited without the "mistake".

It was a trip back in time!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:49 pm

Probably not, all you can do to possibly speed things up is (1) call your CC company to alert them to an incoming charge from a Norwegian travel website (they might ask for the specific site) in the amount of whatever your total was, and (2) AFTER doing that and confirming they won't block such a transaction, go to https://www.wideroe.no/cc/?pnr=XXXXXX (replace xxxxxx with your PNR) and re-enter your same CC details. After that (or other than that), it's a waiting/patience game.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by qqbb
Tickets were cancelled overnight because citi declined my charge. Could not update CC info in 2 hours since I was asleep. Really pissed with Citi this morning.
You went to sleep? I made coffee and ordered pizza. Finally got ticketed around 6:00am

Citi almost cost me the deal. The declined the charge, even though I told them it was coming. Chase did the same thing, btw. I ended up using Barclays us air card, and It went right through.

I can't seem to count on citi or chase for international transactions online.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Originally Posted by saranyc
Really? the deal as I remember it was around USD350 off all flights which brought down cheap winter fares to Italy down to around USD300 give or take. And intra Europe you could also get discounts of ~USD350 which made a lot of tickets free (those weren't honored) or very cheap.
MY AZ tix to NYC was 27€!
Thas was great!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by civico
Anyone else still waiting?
28 hours waiting so far. Only possibility that can explain mine is charged to DC not CC and the fact i resubmitted payment details with out being asked to.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:53 pm

I booked mine around the same time and am still waiting. Since other people are getting ticketed for their AC flights, I remain hopeful.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:54 pm

what is the cheapest from LAX to Europe or Asia available now ?

I cannot find anything in the $200-$300 range which would be a score !

I only have about $400 in the Debit card so stuck with what I can get for that !
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
what is the cheapest from LAX to Europe or Asia available now ?

I cannot find anything in the $200-$300 range which would be a score !

I only have about $400 in the Debit card so stuck with what I can get for that !
JFK/LGA - MXP is all that is left. (Maybe IAH or something to)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.