Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Fly, that's the same series I got from them as well. Baffling.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:09 pm
2mg

Originally Posted by eloraculo
How can we get the posting to appear in the first page?

I am afraid that it will get lost at the speed this thread is moving.
It isn't lost if you read the entire thread.
I'm tired of spoon feeding people, if you want to be informed do the work -
read the thread.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:09 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paella747
Here's what I just got when I asked for the number of their legal department.....

The contract is between the supplier (Korean Airlines) and the purchaser (you). If you feel you have legal grounds for action, it is the Korean Airlines legal department that you might consider contacting.

The fares offered were published by the airlines not the agency. To that end, we followed their requirement to cancel all impacted bookings. It was not Vayama's decision or in our control. Your booking remains canceled and will not be reinstated.

Sincerely,
What of the bookings that did not involve KE at all? Imagine the surprise of DL legal when a complaint comes through that they did not initiate or had any part of. I think Vayama overreached on its process here and is struggling to determine the next steps.

And at a minimum, based on the DOT law, the remedy should have been an offer to consumers of a purchase at a new fare and not immediate cancellation (although even that is debatable since the tickets were already issued).
Old May 3, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by tangoll
18sas, I have similar problem in that my booking thru a Spanish website has my names reversed, ie in your example, as family name = JOHN and given name = DOE, so that to find my booking under TG website, I have to enter rsvn code and surname as JOHN (and the rsvn is there on the TG website).

My eticket is DL (006) stock and my airlines are TG, CI, and DL operated by KLM. Would it present problems if I contact the TA being travelgenio.com to correct the family/given names reversal? IE, will they say that represents a cancellation and need a re-booking (and repricing)?
I'm certainly no expert on this, but I know that once I bought a ticket on expedia, and it was ticketed as JOHNX DOE, where X is my middle initial. I spoke to a DL rep and she said that it was no problem and that it was somewhat normal. I assume that this will be the same way. I would think that swapping the given and family names is a quite common occurrence as well.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable and experienced in these matters can help and give advice.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by eloraculo
Reading the DOT regulations, I think the way is supposed to work is that airlines/otas shouldn't confirm and charge the card until they are sure of the price, once they give the go ahead then it doesn't matter if its error, different rules or other.

I am no expert just my own personal interpretation
that sounds as good as any

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
Full disclosure: I bought one ticket. I paid a few hundred $ more than some of the other posted fares. I intended to, and probably still will, go to Myanmar.

I'm not saying that my position is that every airline WOULD do that, just that if a situation like like were to stand it would mean that they COULD do that. Say you have to go somewhere that one airline is the only option? Where are you then? You have no choice what to fly.

I understand and respect your position that my views are on the extreme end. I just disagree and want to fly in C on an SQ 388 for cheap, and am willing to suffer through not one but TWO legs on DL to do so.
well under ordinary situations, consumer bodies would protect most cases where an airline might do what you said. if there was no relevant consumer body, then contract law steps in.

the only reason this is muddled slightly is because of the very low fare. many people are not coming to this as completely innocent bystanders, they are taking advantage if a situation they know if out of the ordinary.

that may affect your eventual remedies.

if airline x routinely decided it could get higher fares, so decided to cancel tickets, courts may consider specific performance as an appropriate remedy for example.

but here the remedies may be more limited... maybe to all your incidentals for example (as we saw with previous fare errors (yes I know we are not calling this fare an error.. I was just using that for want of a better term)).

although the new DOT advice does seem to add more protection, but this is very new and I think we have yet to see how the dot handles it.

don't get me wrong... I'm not saying any of this is excusable... the airlines have had long enough to resolve it. I jet don't know whether the argument is strong enough to force specific performance?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:13 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Fly, that's the same series I got from them as well. Baffling.
The both of you should get a written clarification from DL. Show it to vayama if DL happens to deny instructing to cancel tickets.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:15 pm

Okay, maybe I asked this before, but is there a way to view a KE reservation online (not cancelled yet), and if not, is it safe to call?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Okay, maybe I asked this before, but is there a way to view a KE reservation online (not cancelled yet), and if not, is it safe to call?
checkmytrip.com
Old May 3, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Those who have a PG segment

It seems like International bookings will not be able to access their online reservation system (that is only for domestic flights or domestic bookings apparently) However if you create an account with them and attempt to "exchange flight" you can confirm whether or not your reservation is in their system.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
checkmytrip.com
The reservation doesn't show up on any of the trip-checker sites. I can see the Asiana leg on OZ's website, but nothing else.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by c2h
The both of you should get a written clarification from DL. Show it to vayama if DL happens to deny instructing to cancel tickets.
I actually tried to get that from the DL rep. He said there was no way for him to email that confirmation as their system wasn't able to do that for third party cancellations. I don't want to sound gullible, but the agent was extremely knowledgable and helpful otherwise, so I don't doubt him. He seemed to imply that there would be a way to get that, it would just be a bit onerous. I'll wait and see how this develops in the coming days. It's early in the ballgame.

This sure has made an otherwise dull workweek exciting though, hasn't it? I've only needed 3-4 cups of coffee to stay awake.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:26 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
The reservation doesn't show up on any of the trip-checker sites. I can see the Asiana leg on OZ's website, but nothing else.
If it's TG stock you can see it in TG's website. Or else the only way is via online check-in on KE website but you wont see your ticket, just to see whether it's still in their system or not.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
So I filled a DOT complaint against KE/CheapoAir. I prepared a very sweet letter that I'm sending out to Cheapo soon. DOT regulations gives us some very strong footing on this deal. Especially since most emails from Vayama/Cheapo/etc had ticket numbers, so the ticket was issued.
I might need to pay my local Small Claims court a visit, but I think that they don't have much of a case...
Old May 3, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
This sure has made an otherwise dull workweek exciting though, hasn't it? I've only needed 3-4 cups of coffee to stay awake.
I second that, I've been glued to this thread and have been hitting F5 every chance I get to see if there are any developments. As this was my first jumbo sale fare, I jumped in and booked on KE metal via Vayama, both of which seem to be stupid decisions right now. Hindsight is 50/50...

For those that have been around the block a couple times on these deals, what's a realistic outcome to expect for those that had their tix cancelled?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by sfoactuary

For those that have been around the block a couple times on these deals, what's a realistic outcome to expect for those that had their tix cancelled?
Realistic?

A small group of individuals fights for their tickets

99% of people move on.

Having said that, there are still people with plenty uncancelled tickets - so we are not at the end of the waiting stage yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.