FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included
Old May 3, 2012, 7:11 pm
18sas

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by tangoll
18sas, I have similar problem in that my booking thru a Spanish website has my names reversed, ie in your example, as family name = JOHN and given name = DOE, so that to find my booking under TG website, I have to enter rsvn code and surname as JOHN (and the rsvn is there on the TG website).

My eticket is DL (006) stock and my airlines are TG, CI, and DL operated by KLM. Would it present problems if I contact the TA being travelgenio.com to correct the family/given names reversal? IE, will they say that represents a cancellation and need a re-booking (and repricing)?
I'm certainly no expert on this, but I know that once I bought a ticket on expedia, and it was ticketed as JOHNX DOE, where X is my middle initial. I spoke to a DL rep and she said that it was no problem and that it was somewhat normal. I assume that this will be the same way. I would think that swapping the given and family names is a quite common occurrence as well.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable and experienced in these matters can help and give advice.