Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by derpelikan
from my understanding if you booked it on the LH page, for example .de than the ticket will be issued immediately.
Not true. Monday I did a booking CDG-SIN om LH.com and was able to cancel it several hours afterwards as ticket had not been issued yet. I think it takes the various LH ticket offices from hours until days (2-3) to charge your credit card and to issue ticket - even if it is an electronic ticket - which is fully in line with the fare rules. As appears from this thread, many reservations made on the LH website have currently not been ticketed (1-2 days after the reservations were made).

It is fairly easy to check yourself on www.checkmytrip.com whether ticket has been issued or not. Enter your 6 digit PNR (the reservation No) and your last name. Your reservation should then appear. If there is information like this:

TICKET ISSUED

Traveler MR XXXX XXXXXX

Electronic ticket Ticket number: 220 XXXXXXXXXX

just below the flight details, ticket has been issued. If no such information, ticket has not been issued.

Just my view: if not ticketed you may be out of luck. If LH decides not to honour the reservations made, LH can and will simply cancel/delete the reservations as you have not paid and no tickets have been issued yet. This is the practise of airlines -as they do not consider the reservation/ticket to have been completed until ticket is issued.

I'm not a lawyer and do not know whether this is a valid legal argument of the airlines but it is certainly their practise and you will have a hard time trying to get LH to honour a deleted reservation which was not ticketed and for which you have not paid. But on the other hand - it may be that LH decides to honour the tickets and you will all be happy
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan
about the SWU, it is difficult but it is not impossible to get the upgrade in advance.
but this involves a agent on the phone who has not much expirience with SWUs and E-vouchers .

and it is not working all the time.

dp
That's what I was trying to say.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:53 am

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator (Star Alliance Gold)
I think it should not be a problem.

I booked my ticket on Monday too and i have just received the Electronic Ticket number so i am sure the ticket will be issued.

I also called up Lufthansa to reconfirm my ticket and they confirmed that it was booked in the M class, but apparently it has a 100 euro change fee which is not what was displayed when i booked the ticket !

Anyway i have no reasons to change the ticket so i am not too bothered !

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Not true. Monday I did a booking CDG-SIN om LH.com and was able to cancel it several hours afterwards as ticket had not been issued yet. I think it takes the various LH ticket offices from hours until days (2-3) to charge your credit card and to issue ticket - even if it is an electronic ticket - which is fully in line with the fare rules. As appears from this thread, many reservations made on the LH website have currently not been ticketed (1-2 days after the reservations were made).

It is fairly easy to check yourself on www.checkmytrip.com whether ticket has been issued or not. Enter your 6 digit PNR (the reservation No) and your last name. Your reservation should then appear. If there is information like this:

TICKET ISSUED

Traveler MR XXXX XXXXXX

Electronic ticket Ticket number: 220 XXXXXXXXXX

just below the flight details, ticket has been issued. If no such information, ticket has not been issued.

Just my view: if not ticketed you may be out of luck. If LH decides not to honour the reservations made, LH can and will simply cancel/delete the reservations as you have not paid and no tickets have been issued yet. This is the practise of airlines -as they do not consider the reservation/ticket to have been completed until ticket is issued.

I'm not a lawyer and do not know whether this is a valid legal argument of the airlines but it is certainly their practise and you will have a hard time trying to get LH to honour a deleted reservation which was not ticketed and for which you have not paid. But on the other hand - it may be that LH decides to honour the tickets and you will all be happy
Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Ticket issued too

Hi,

Just checked and my ticket has also been issued. Will check with my credit card statement to see what was credited for the ticket. Hope everything goes well..

Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:25 am

My ticket has been issued this morning - upgrades confirmed

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The problem is that the fare disappeared overnight. Though the booking code is correct, the ticket might be issued at a higher fare.. unless LH cared to double check that the fare quoted to you earlier does not correspond with what it is now.

It also depends on which site you made the booking on. If anyone else other than LH, the ticket number will not show up on checkmytrip.com. Even if it is booked through the LH site, it will depend on which CRS system that particular country's website is using.

If the ticket has not been issued, then you might be out of luck as the fare does not exist anymore.
My ticket has been issued sometimes after 2.00 am German time today. This was after the correction of the price in the CRSs. I had my TA check Amadeus this morning. Seems, they actually deleted the wrong price completely from the system, also for the time when it was valid. I have seen this before, a practice which is BTW against all bookkeeping rules and standards.

According to the website I was charged the original USD 449.54, but I can't verify this with Amex yet.

I also have an OK from the Internet support team, that the original "eco flex" stated on the website will be honored, so any charges for rebooking/cancellation will be waived.

Added: HON service just confirmed upgrades. ^

And yes, LH has the right to simply cancel an online booking before the ticket has been issued. No liabilities involved.

Legally the online booking is considered an offer made by the customer to buy the ticket (at the price quoted, of course). LH has to formally accept this offer before a contract has been established. Typically they do this by issueing the ticket. Could also be any other type of confirmation. But not the email you receive, which just contains "travel information" and does not even show the price.

(I know, the subject is more complicated as consumer protection and competition laws apply, but that's the basics you will be told by LH's legal department)

Good luck to everybody who is still waiting. Don't know if HON status played a role in my case.

Last edited by ulev; Jul 12, 2006 at 3:38 am
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:07 am
Suspended

I also managed to get one ticket issued The second was simply cancelled without informing me
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:55 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
It also depends on which site you made the booking on. If anyone else other than LH, the ticket number will not show up on checkmytrip.com. Even if it is booked through the LH site, it will depend on which CRS system that particular country's website is using.
Sorry, but this bit of information is incorrect. I booked on travelocity.de and my booking shows up just fine on both checkmytrip (including ticket #) and on LH's own website.

For the record, I was charged 421€ all-in (including a few € for Travelocity's fee, but I thought it was worth it to have another "guarantee" layer in the mix.). Anyone else flying on Aug 25th?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I must admit that I am getting impatient with LH in Canada. Still no ticket number this morning.

Did anyone book on LH's Canadian website?

Last edited by YOWkid; Jul 12, 2006 at 7:50 am
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ulev
Legally the online booking is considered an offer made by the customer to buy the ticket (at the price quoted, of course). LH has to formally accept this offer before a contract has been established. Typically they do this by issueing the ticket. Could also be any other type of confirmation. But not the email you receive, which just contains "travel information" and does not even show the price.
That's a bunch of bullocks. That's like walking into a store, seeing a posted price, picking it up and when going to the check-out counter, the clerk makes a final call on whether to sell the good to you at the price they have posted.

By going to the counter with the good, bringing out your wallet, and paying for the good, you have in essence accepted their posted price and entered into a sale/contract.

Under the same principle, going to the website and buying the ticket is no different. Given that the booking is "confirmed", it would appear to me that the airline has accepted and entered into a contract.

And this is totally different from the AC-AUA $0 fares -- in this case, there was definitely consideration. In my case, $206CAD of consideration (fare base).
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hurray hurray! Ticket issued. Never been to SIN. Planning to go up to HKG for Christmas now.

Just gotta figure out how to get to CDG. Hm...

Thanks zboub345 and nldogbert!!!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by alex0683de
Sorry, but this bit of information is incorrect. I booked on travelocity.de and my booking shows up just fine on both checkmytrip (including ticket #) and on LH's own website.

For the record, I was charged 421€ all-in (including a few € for Travelocity's fee, but I thought it was worth it to have another "guarantee" layer in the mix.). Anyone else flying on Aug 25th?
If the booking was made and ticketed on a SABRE res system, you will only see the ticket number on Lufthansa's site and not on checkmytrip. If it shows up on both systems, then travelocity.de is hosted by AMADEUS and not Sabre. Looking at the site, it might be.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer
Horray! Checked on Checkmytrip.com, the ticket is now issued. However, when I checked my booking in Lufthansa website, the ticket is now Economy Restricted! Will I be entitled to my 100% miles for :-: A??

I won' the happy if it's only 50% of the miles!! Anyone else got downgraded to Economy Restricted?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Quik!
Horray! Checked on Checkmytrip.com, the ticket is now issued. However, when I checked my booking in Lufthansa website, the ticket is now Economy Restricted! Will I be entitled to my 100% miles for :-: A??

I won' the happy if it's only 50% of the miles!! Anyone else got downgraded to Economy Restricted?
Economy restricted has nothing to do with the miles earned in this case;this is an M class fare,so it earns 100% miles.The restriction concerns the charges for date changes and cancelation.it seems it's like 100 euros,or at least it was for those who booked through expedia.com.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by alex0683de
...For the record, I was charged 421€ all-in (including a few € for Travelocity's fee, but I thought it was worth it to have another "guarantee" layer in the mix.)....
Based upon the experiences of many who purchased Hilton Japan stays at Travelocity a couple of months ago, the Travelocity "guarantee" isn't worth a whole lot. It won't hurt, but neither is it likely to help.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Based upon the experiences of many who purchased Hilton Japan stays at Travelocity a couple of months ago, the Travelocity "guarantee" isn't worth a whole lot. It won't hurt, but neither is it likely to help.
I recall that particular fiasco, and even booked stays then. I booked with expedia that time, and I seem to remember them voiding everything in sight, despite guarantees. I was under the impression that Travelocity were slightly better then.

I don't think it's possible to say one company will be better than the other, I think they all decide whether or not they will honor bookings based on the level of exposure they have - a calculation which starts from scratch with every fare mistake that comes along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.