aua.com:

CDG-NRT

30.7, return 6., 7., 8.8
31.7, return 7., 8.8
1.8, return 8.8

16.-20.12, return until 27.12

397,03 EUR
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:01 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
aua return

Originally Posted by txl_SZ
aua.com:

CDG-NRT

30.7, return 6., 7., 8.8
31.7, return 7., 8.8
1.8, return 8.8

16.-20.12, return until 27.12

397,03 EUR

you can book the return max. 6 month later.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:34 pm

dumb question to ask

Is it 100% refundable if I can't go (if wife changes her mind)
lol? I think someone said 100eur to cancel which is it?

thanks
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:36 pm

Sorry again

US passport holder: do we need a visa if so
anyone know the fee off hand? is it like Brazil
$100?

thanks again for any help available here.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by coeur 05
Is it 100% refundable if I can't go (if wife changes her mind)
lol? I think someone said 100eur to cancel which is it?

thanks
I guess it depends were you booked it.I booked on expedia.com and it said 100 euros chage fee and cancelation fee.those who booked on lufthansa.com say there are no fees.As I accepted expedia's conditions I'm bound.I thought it would never on their website so I didn't even double check,my bad!I could have saved $10 and cancelations/changes would have been free of charge.Whatever,lesson learned

I'm not sure about the visa,but it certainly won't be as expensive as Brazil.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by coeur 05
US passport holder: do we need a visa if so
anyone know the fee off hand? is it like Brazil
$100?

thanks again for any help available here.

Great find! still available on LH USA site.

For US residents it is cheaper to fly from East Coast to SIN via the Pacific route on *A carriers such as UA than purchasing additional ticket to CDG. Unless you already in EUROPE during that time,

BTW: No need for visa for US citizens.

Last edited by AndrewM; Jul 10, 2006 at 8:59 pm
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:52 pm

thanks

Originally Posted by AndrewM
Great find! still available on LH USA site.

For US residents it is cheaper to fly from East Coast to SIN via the Pacific route on *A carriers such as UA than purchasing additional ticket to CDG. Unless you already in EUROPE during that time,

BTW: No need for visa for US citizens.
didn't think to even check, Sh............t, I now have to buy a ticket
to Paris, good think its refundable lol
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just picked up a CDG-FRA-SIN for 19/12-30/12. Also says fully flex on LH CA site (was going to book on my TA's CRS but as change fees listed were 100EUR, I decided to go with LH's site).

Oh well, if I don't end up going, it's at least fully refundable (well, at least according to the screen printout).

Thanks OP!

Last edited by YOWkid; Jul 10, 2006 at 11:22 pm
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:46 pm

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Thanks a lot to the OP.

I booked 12/26-1/7 on Lufthansa.com for 405€ total.

Any reason (maybe additional taxes for EU/France residents) why the fare was lower for others ?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:28 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
its the booking fee

Originally Posted by yann
Thanks a lot to the OP.

I booked 12/26-1/7 on Lufthansa.com for 405€ total.

Any reason (maybe additional taxes for EU/France residents) why the fare was lower for others ?

LH has something which is called the booking fee, which is not refundable. this is some kind of rippoff, as even if you book online this fee has to be paid.

dp
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:03 am

LH views this as a regular fare. HON service was willing to book it for me on the phone. Agent had seen the fare already and just called it a special promotion. However, she also quoted the 100 EUR change and cancelation fee.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:09 am
Suspended

Fee for Cancellation?

Originally Posted by ulev
LH views this as a regular fare. HON service was willing to book it for me on the phone. Agent had seen the fare already and just called it a special promotion. However, she also quoted the 100 EUR change and cancelation fee.

Hello. I also booked one of these tickets but I did not see any cancelation fee. I booked on the Lufthansa websites. Why is there a fee now?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Lech
Hello. I also booked one of these tickets but I did not see any cancelation fee. I booked on the Lufthansa websites. Why is there a fee now?
It often occurs that website scripts meant to translate complex fare rules into "plain english" get things wrong. By the letter of the fare rules, there is a cancellation fee associated with this fare, but the LH website states otherwise during the customer self-booking process, probably because M fares are usually not as restrictive as this particular offering.

As the airline staff will see only the "real" rules, you can expect to be hit up for the cancellation fee if yo try to cancel one of these tickets. However, most people here are keepig detailed records of the website output to use as proof that the website clearly stated 'no cxl fee' or something to that effect, in order to counter this.

As always, YMMV. Keep good records, know your rights, remain calm and expect at least a bit of a fight.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:24 am

Programs: M&M, Asiamiles
many thanks to the fare finder and to a friend...

Last edited by FlyingHorse; Aug 8, 2006 at 5:49 am
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:31 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Booked CDG-FRA-SIN tickets 405 euro all in for December on LH website. It clearly stated fully flex, no fee for refunds/changes on the main booking page. Am not sure if I will be able to go, so I expect LH to respect the information posted on their site while booking the ticket.

Also booked OS: CDG-VIE-NRT tickets from TC which had the 100 euro fee change/refund fee listed under the fare rules. I would like to change the return date on the OS tickets and am willing to pay the 100 euro fee since it was clearly stated in the fare rules. Not sure if the AUA website had the same fare listed as refundable or changeable without fees, but I should have checked first

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.