Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:44 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by pilot007
Now that I have booked my CDG-FRA-SIN flight, I have a question about departing from CDG or FRA. Is it possible for me to fly direct to FRA, omit the CDG-FRA leg, and check-in in FRA?
Originally Posted by YOWkid
No, you must depart from CDG -- this is the case for any ticket issued; you can't get on somewhere else.
I will use my tix from Paris but...if there is no name in passport/name on boarding pass check at CDG pilot007s Uncle from Paris might be interested in visting Germany and using the ETIX-Machines to get his boarding pass to FRA....

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Btw, another question, the reservation code normally has the reservation code that we receive have anything to do with fare class? Mine begins with a ZXXXX
AFAIK the reservation code does not include any information about the fare class in which the tix is booked. Guess this thread has 10times more hits if this tix books in "Z" which is a discounted Biz class ticket....

Last edited by Starbucks; Jul 11, 2006 at 11:58 am
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Quick question:

My friend bought 2 tickets. She is planning on requesting upgrades using United miles (confirmed in advance). Will she be able to switch the upgrade mode to SWUs at the airport? Will LH allow it? Thanks for any info.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW PE, Marriott GE
ticket#

Booked CDG-FRA-SIN. Thanks for posting zboub345!

Does anybody know how long it takes for tickets to be issued? I have looked on checkmytrip.com and all it shows is the reservation code and a lufthansa refererence.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
If you take the LH reference code and access the "My bookings" feature on the LH website, you can check the status of your reservation. But I would think the ticket has already been issued. At least mine has been...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:29 pm

aua.com is still showing PAR-SIN availability on OS, at least for departures 24-27 December returning 3 or 5 January.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Johan
aua.com is still showing PAR-SIN availability on OS, at least for departures 24-27 December returning 3 or 5 January.
If you try to book it you will fail at the very last step, i.e. the final confirmation.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by rayoflight

Does anybody know how long it takes for tickets to be issued? I have looked on checkmytrip.com and all it shows is the reservation code and a lufthansa refererence.

Thanks!
There is no easy answer. It can take a few days. Among other things it depends on the country where you made your reservation, because the ticket will be issued there. For example if you booked through LH US website, the ticket will be issued in NY. It is a matter of workload, priorities and available ticketing agents.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by flying MD
Quick question:

My friend bought 2 tickets. She is planning on requesting upgrades using United miles (confirmed in advance). Will she be able to switch the upgrade mode to SWUs at the airport? Will LH allow it? Thanks for any info.
No way. How could this work? Using an SWU on LH is on a strict standby basis. Normally you will only find out at the time of boarding whether you have been successful or not.

At that point in time you are long checked in for your original (upgraded) seat. How can they have you on a waitlist for standby upgrades while you are already checked in for the upgraded COS? You don't hold an ECO seat anymore.

Even if you had very good friends in the right places, the LH flight manager would have to recheck you while you get UA to recredit your MP miles. All at the same time and only about 5 minutes or less to get it done? Impossible.

You simply have to make your decision up front. Do you want to play it save, use your miles (if UA can get an available seat for you, that is, which is not a given thing now a days). Do you like to take the risk, try standby with an SWU.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by ulev
No way. How could this work? Using an SWU on LH is on a strict standby basis. Normally you will only find out at the time of boarding whether you have been successful or not.

At that point in time you are long checked in for your original (upgraded) seat. How can they have you on a waitlist for standby upgrades while you are already checked in for the upgraded COS? You don't hold an ECO seat anymore.

Even if you had very good friends in the right places, the LH flight manager would have to recheck you while you get UA to recredit your MP miles. All at the same time and only about 5 minutes or less to get it done? Impossible.

You simply have to make your decision up front. Do you want to play it save, use your miles (if UA can get an available seat for you, that is, which is not a given thing now a days). Do you like to take the risk, try standby with an SWU.

According to UA, they will issue paper miles certificates which will have to be surrended on the day of the flight. The upgraded flights using miles are for FRA-SIN-FRA and not for CDG-FRA-CDG. Will she be asked to surrender them in CDG or in FRA? If in FRA and if she offers paper SWU certificates instead, will they accept it?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by flying MD
According to UA, they will issue paper miles certificates which will have to be surrended on the day of the flight. The upgraded flights using miles are for FRA-SIN-FRA and not for CDG-FRA-CDG. Will she be asked to surrender them in CDG or in FRA? If in FRA and if she offers paper SWU certificates instead, will they accept it?
Ok, again. In your scenario, by the time you check in you have a confirmed (upgraded) seat in C, no more confirmed seat in ECO. This means where ever they check you in, they can only do this for the upgraded seat. As LH will usually not confirm a standby upgrade at the time of check in but at the time of boarding you will be out of luck. The reason is that practically any other legit request for an upgrade comes before yours. But again, in order to go for the standby upgrade you first have to be checked in in ECO which you are not.

You cannot just hand over your SWU and pretend it is similar to your other coupon, because it is not. Why should LH accept a stand by upgrade in exchange for a confirmed upgrade? If this would work, wouldn't everybody try to be that smart?

Of course, you can always try to fool the check in agent by handing over the wrong voucher and see what happens. I guess you have a chance to slip through.

But, in the end LH gets money from UA for the coupon you handed over. I am sure, they get more money for the pre confirmed upgrade certificate than for the SWU. LH check in agents are trained (= held personally responsible) to be careful with these things, so normally they will check the number of your certificate against the number they have in the booking.

And even if you should be successful, will UA refund your miles for the certificate? Or what else are your planning to do with it?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW PE, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by alex0683de
If you take the LH reference code and access the "My bookings" feature on the LH website, you can check the status of your reservation. But I would think the ticket has already been issued. At least mine has been...
Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked "my bookings" on the LH website. All reservation info that is showing is:

"Your Booked Travel - Your bookingcode ( XXXXXX - Confirmed)", followed by the itinerary.

As it doesnt actually show a ticket number, does that mean it has not been issued yet?

I booked this on the US website. Will it be issued as an eticket? (it talked about etix when i booked it).

Also, does LH allow you to do change seat assignment over the phone?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked "my bookings" on the LH website. All reservation info that is showing is:

"Your Booked Travel - Your bookingcode ( XXXXXX - Confirmed)", followed by the itinerary.

As it doesnt actually show a ticket number, does that mean it has not been issued yet?

I booked this on the US website. Will it be issued as an eticket? (it talked about etix when i booked it).

Also, does LH allow you to do change seat assignment over the phone?

Thanks for your help!
Go to www.checkmytrip.com, enter your information and scroll down all the way. If you find a ticket number there, the ticket is issued.

Will be an etix unless you specifically requested paper.

Yes,you can change seats over the phone.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
hey ulve

Originally Posted by ulev
Ok, again. In your scenario, by the time you check in you have a confirmed (upgraded) seat in C, no more confirmed seat in ECO. This means where ever they check you in, they can only do this for the upgraded seat. As LH will usually not confirm a standby upgrade at the time of check in but at the time of boarding you will be out of luck. The reason is that practically any other legit request for an upgrade comes before yours. But again, in order to go for the standby upgrade you first have to be checked in in ECO which you are not.

You cannot just hand over your SWU and pretend it is similar to your other coupon, because it is not. Why should LH accept a stand by upgrade in exchange for a confirmed upgrade? If this would work, wouldn't everybody try to be that smart?

Of course, you can always try to fool the check in agent by handing over the wrong voucher and see what happens. I guess you have a chance to slip through.

But, in the end LH gets money from UA for the coupon you handed over. I am sure, they get more money for the pre confirmed upgrade certificate than for the SWU. LH check in agents are trained (= held personally responsible) to be careful with these things, so normally they will check the number of your certificate against the number they have in the booking.

And even if you should be successful, will UA refund your miles for the certificate? Or what else are your planning to do with it?

about the SWU, it is difficult but it is not impossible to get the upgrade in advance.
but this involves a agent on the phone who has not much expirience with SWUs and E-vouchers .

and it is not working all the time.

dp
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Thanks!
The problem is that the fare disappeared overnight. Though the booking code is correct, the ticket might be issued at a higher fare.. unless LH cared to double check that the fare quoted to you earlier does not correspond with what it is now.

It also depends on which site you made the booking on. If anyone else other than LH, the ticket number will not show up on checkmytrip.com. Even if it is booked through the LH site, it will depend on which CRS system that particular country's website is using.

If the ticket has not been issued, then you might be out of luck as the fare does not exist anymore.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 11, 2006 at 7:48 pm
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:19 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
LH page

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The problem is that the fare disappeared overnight. Though the booking code is correct, the ticket might be issued at a higher fare.. unless LH cared to double check that the fare quoted to you earlier does not correspond with what it is now.

It also depends on which site you made the booking on. If anyone else other than LH, the ticket number will not show up on checkmytrip.com. Even if it is booked through the LH site, it will depend on which CRS system that particular country's website is using.

If the ticket has not been issued, then you might be out of luck as the fare does not exist anymore.

from my understanding if you booked it on the LH page, for example .de than the ticket will be issued immediately.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.