Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Lech
Hello. I also booked one of these tickets but I did not see any cancelation fee. I booked on the Lufthansa websites. Why is there a fee now?
You are perfectly right. On the LH website it was stated as a fully flexible and refundable fare, but if you knew the fLH fare rules for M class you would have known that M class is only a semi flexible fare which allows changes/cancellation for a fee. The fare rules have been there all the time - and when I called LH SEN-line yesterday for a change of return date, I was also told that a 100 EUR fee is applicable once the ticket is issued. Consequently, I decided to cancel the reservation.

Cancellation or changes until the ticket is issued is free of charge. Unfortunately, the ticket will be issued very fast - within a day or two. So if you do not want your ticket, call LH immediately and cancel the reservation.

I can easily understand if people want to fight this - because you can't expect people to know the normal fare rules for M class. But I think LH will give you a hard time and maintain that a fee is applicable if you decide to change date or cancel later on - dispite the wrong information on their website.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You are perfectly right. I can easily understand if people want to fight this - because you can't expect people to know the normal fare rules for M class. But I think LH will give you a hard time and maintain that a fee is applicable if you decide to change date or cancel later on - dispite the wrong information on their website.
Thank you for the information. In this case, I will simply agree on the hotline and later on decline the amount with my credit card company. I made a print-out of the fare rules, just in case.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:18 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
I will simply agree on the hotline and later on decline the amount with my credit card company.
well I also want to fight any change fees (in case I need to change), however I think you are in a bad position once you agree to the fee/rules when phoning the hotline.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:45 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by ulev
LH views this as a regular fare. HON service was willing to book it for me on the phone. Agent had seen the fare already and just called it a special promotion. However, she also quoted the 100 EUR change and cancelation fee.
Hopefully they remember that when it comes to accept e-vouchers to upgrade...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In this case, I will simply agree on the hotline and later on decline the amount with my credit card company. I made a print-out of the fare rules, just in case.
I would also advise against this. The CC-company will give you a hard time as you will be required to state the grounds for rejecting the payment. If you show them the various print-outs they will probably refer you to straight this out with LH.

If you want to fight this you should do it when you change/cancel the ticket. Otherwise, it may be held agianst you that you were informed about the fee on the phone when changing/cancelling the ticket and you have thus accepted the fee regardless of the information provided to you on the LH website. I'm not a lawyer but these likely arguments of LH come into mind.

May I suggest the following: accept the fare rules - make up your mind now (before the ticket is issued) whether you would like to travel or not - pay the fee if you need to change/cancel later - and most importantly be glad that you have got a very cheap fare. Just my personal view: many of you that now complain about the unexpected fee seem to forget that you have actually made a very good deal.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Starbucks
Hopefully they remember that when it comes to accept e-vouchers to upgrade...
No problem there. They don't have to remember anything. It is M class and therefore upgradeable. I am only waiting for the ticket to get issued, then the upgrades will follow.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:27 am

Thank you for the information. In this case, I will simply agree on the hotline and later on decline the amount with my credit card company. I made a print-out of the fare rules, just in case.
There is no need to handle it that way. Think about the facts first. There are 2 different aspects to this whole deal.

No. 1 it is an incredibly low fare set up correctly (including the fees) and available (for a while) through all booking channels. You can easily see this, if you look at the fare calculation (EUR 72.50 one way is the net fare) and fare rules here ITA website. They are still available right now. (This does not mean it is still available BTW)
Nobody will ever confirm that an error was involved.

No. 2 is an error on the website which is not in any way connected to No. 1. These errors happen a lot and usually you get things the way you saw them at the time of booking if you play it right.

Simple advice: Be patient until the ticket is issued (important!) and call the internet support number soon afterwards. You should of course have your print out of the website available. They will then make sure you get what you bought and paid for using the website, no fight required.

If you call before the ticket was issued you run a high risk, that they just cancel the reservation. You will lose any fight you put up after that.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just went to checkmytrip.com and no ticket numbers issued. This almost reminds me of the AUA-AC $0 circus...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by ulev
There is no need to handle it that way. Think about the facts first. There are 2 different aspects to this whole deal.

No. 1 it is an incredibly low fare set up correctly (including the fees) and available (for a while) through all booking channels. You can easily see this, if you look at the fare calculation (EUR 72.50 one way is the net fare) and fare rules here ITA website. They are still available right now. (This does not mean it is still available BTW)
Nobody will ever confirm that an error was involved.

No. 2 is an error on the website which is not in any way connected to No. 1. These errors happen a lot and usually you get things the way you saw them at the time of booking if you play it right.

Simple advice: Be patient until the ticket is issued (important!) and call the internet support number soon afterwards. You should of course have your print out of the website available. They will then make sure you get what you bought and paid for using the website, no fight required.

If you call before the ticket was issued you run a high risk, that they just cancel the reservation. You will lose any fight you put up after that.
I totally agree with ulev.

Just checked my booking on checkmytrip and saw the ticket #. So now I am on the safe side and when(/if) I need to make a change, I will fight the change fee with my print out.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
It's gone!

Fare is gone.

"New" fare : MHNRFR EUR 1263.00

Fare rules for MHNRFR fare basis:
01 BK CODE - M -
02 PENALTY - CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE EUR
100.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS
APPLY. TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF NO-SHOW.
AFTER DEPARTURE TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
So the main thing is - to find out WHAT fare basis you are booked on!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Now that I have booked my CDG-FRA-SIN flight, I have a question about departing from CDG or FRA. Is it possible for me to fly direct to FRA, omit the CDG-FRA leg, and check-in in FRA? Does the following from my fare rules mean anything?

ROUTING 1010 FROM-TO PAR-LH-FRA/MUC/HAM/STR/DUS-LH-FRA/MUC-LH-SIN*

Last edited by pilot007; Jul 21, 2006 at 1:47 pm
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Fare is gone.

How do we find this out? I see mind was booked in M but was in the Economy Flex ticket with the corresponding rules. But now, with this, I have no idea what the rules will apply to my ticket.

Btw, another question, the reservation code normally has the reservation code that we receive have anything to do with fare class? Mine begins with a ZXXXX.

Am still waiting for mine to be ticketed.

Thanks and congrats to all who got this.

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pilot007
Now that I have booked my CDG-FRA-SIN flight, I have a question about departing from CDG or FRA. Is it possible for me to fly direct to FRA, omit the CDG-FRA leg, and check-in in FRA? Does the following from my fare rules mean anything?

ROUTING 1010 FROM-TO PAR-LH-FRA/MUC/HAM/STR/DUS-LH-FRA/MUC-LH-SIN*

Jari
No, you must depart from CDG -- this is the case for any ticket issued; you can't get on somewhere else.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who booked on LH's website, which site did you book on?

I did .ca...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Fare is gone.

The fare basis is (or was) the one you quote. Here is this mornings fare calculation from the ITA website. My browser still shows it in offline mode, but it is gone on ITA too.

Fare (A1): LH PARSIN MHNRFR fare (rules) €72.50
Fare (A2): LH SINPAR MHNRFR fare (rules) €72.50
Tax: French Air Passenger Solidarity Tax €1.00
Tax: French Airport Tax €8.50
Tax: French International Passenger Service Charge €7.11
Tax: French Aviation Civile Tax €3.92
Tax: Singapore Passenger Service Charge SGD 21
Tax: German Passenger Service Charge €24.26
Tax: German Airport Security Tax €7.23
Tax: LH YQ surcharge $180.00
Total for 1 adult passenger: $445.90

Doesn't really look like a simple data entry problem.

Here is the current calcuation. The rules are 100% identical.

Fare (A1): LH PARSIN MHNRFR fare (rules) €631.50
Fare (A2): LH SINPAR MHNRFR fare (rules) €631.50
Tax: French Air Passenger Solidarity Tax €1.00
Tax: French Airport Tax €8.50
Tax: French International Passenger Service Charge €7.11
Tax: French Aviation Civile Tax €3.92
Tax: Singapore Passenger Service Charge SGD 21
Tax: German Passenger Service Charge €24.26
Tax: German Airport Security Tax €7.08
Tax: LH YQ surcharge $180.00
Total for 1 adult passenger: $1877.70

I hope they just handle it like a regular price change. Does anybody know, if they deleted the old price from the CSRs completely or left it intact for the time before the change?

Last edited by ulev; Jul 11, 2006 at 11:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.