Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deal" premium fares

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheKnife
This fare has been awhile for some time and has been posted in the good deal premium thread. Also check LAX-MGA on AA, similar price.

I just did some MGA runs, in I
Correct. This is the regular price on the route.

Cities in Honduras and Panama were also available, last time I checked.
Old May 18, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by yyliu88
I have booked serveral run with routing

ONT-SFO-CLT-PHL-TPA-PHL-SFO-ONT with no overnight stay required, did u check leaving on Sat night and return on Sunday?
Thank you for the suggestion!

I am flying on 5/30-5/31 Sat-Sun but could not get the red eye at this price - perhaps too soon. Maybe somebody else can dig it out, but I could not get one until 6/20 and I am not sure i will have time then. I know I am available the weekend of 5/30 so will have to get up at 4 AM and fly with an overnight.
Old May 18, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
.... Im afraid not anymore...

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
EK is now flying a triple class service between HKG and BKK. It's former two class service had some spectacularly low b-class fare, which seemed to go away along with the aircraft change.

But wait!

Checking for flights in May and June, the following fares are available.

B-Class, 2129 HKD ($275 USD) RT
F-Class, 3129 HKG ($404 USD) RT

The aircraft is the 777-300, not the A380, so I do not believe the f-class will have the new personal cabins; rather, I believe they will have the mini-suites.

Still, a cheap fare ...
Old May 18, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Originally Posted by TheKnife
This fare has been awhile for some time and has been posted in the good deal premium thread Also check LAX-MGA on AA, similar price.

I just did some MGA runs, in I
Thank for pointing out.
I did a quick search & found nothing.
I don't expect myself to read 200 plus pages of the good deal premium thread.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Correct. This is the regular price on the route.
Price comes & goes. There is no such thing regular price. If it does, the is no MR thread.
Old May 18, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
EK is now flying a triple class service between HKG and BKK. It's former two class service had some spectacularly low b-class fare, which seemed to go away along with the aircraft change.

But wait!

Checking for flights in May and June, the following fares are available.

B-Class, 2129 HKD ($275 USD) RT
F-Class, 3129 HKG ($404 USD) RT

The aircraft is the 777-300, not the A380, so I do not believe the f-class will have the new personal cabins; rather, I believe they will have the mini-suites.

Still, a cheap fare ...
took this flight last october in B class r/t for $350 USD, not only was the flight decent, but the lounges in HKG and BKK are incredible with tons of food. Compared to a US carrier on a 3 hour flight, EK rocks.
Old May 18, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by heramato
.... Im afraid not anymore...
There is still availability for B-class in June (for the price mentioned before) on expedia and ebookers
Old May 18, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Yes sorry. I was looking BKK-HKG-BKK
Old May 18, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I booked about 14 of these since beginning APR for me and Friends - Never a Problem !
how do you get united.com to book you on flights that only have economy (some flights out of ONT and TPA)?
Old May 18, 2009, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by germansoks
how do you get united.com to book you on flights that only have economy (some flights out of ONT and TPA)?
They do it automatically... if no A available you get booked in Y. Careful with that, there is no error message and you should read your itinerary clear before hitting the purchase button.
Old May 18, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
You can check availability as you scroll throw the schedule and routings. It will tell you if F is available for that flight. Or as OP said you can hit continue and it will display your selected Itin.

The good thing is that you would think the price jumps if you have more F legs in the itin but that wasn't the case when I was plugging in dates for the MR in F. You can select the most F cabins on your legs and it stays right at about 544 or so.

Also the combinations displayed can get you up to 1k more miles per leg. There is a lax-sfo-iad-tpa leg which is well over 3k while others are barely over 2k.
Old May 18, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by boggs
ONT-SFO-PHL-TPA-PHL-SFO-ONT. Total of 22611 EQM's on BMI (before 55K bonus). Booked into A (fully refundable too); First class all the way.
Thanks for the great deal. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what is the 55k bonus you mention?

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2009, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by Kiltboys
Thanks for the great deal. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what is the 55k bonus you mention?

Thanks!
On BD you earn double the RDMs (destination miles) after you pass 55K status miles, and it is capped at some number these days.
Old May 18, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
They do it automatically... if no A available you get booked in Y. Careful with that, there is no error message and you should read your itinerary clear before hitting the purchase button.
when I try to piece something together in multi-city united.com always gets hick-ups and gives me an error. no flights are displayed if I search for ONT-IAD, IAD-TPA, TPA-ORD, ORD-ONT and 'first lowest'. if I make it a simple RT ONT-TPA is shows a bunch of flights (all options I don't want) with several of them not selectable (I have to presume because they don't have a First Cabin as Y is certainly available). I'll keep trying but it's been not working pretty consistently.
Old May 18, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by rolov
On BD you earn double the RDMs (destination miles) after you pass 55K status miles, and it is capped at some number these days.
Thanks very much for the quick reply.
Old May 18, 2009, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
when I try to piece something together in multi-city united.com always gets hick-ups and gives me an error. no flights are displayed if I search for ONT-IAD, IAD-TPA, TPA-ORD, ORD-ONT and 'first lowest'. if I make it a simple RT ONT-TPA is shows a bunch of flights (all options I don't want) with several of them not selectable (I have to presume because they don't have a First Cabin as Y is certainly available). I'll keep trying but it's been not working pretty consistently.
Do a multi-city search by price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.