Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka 2$ available on expedia.com [RATE GONE - Discussion Only]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2005, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by fastair
Cost me the exact same.
I think he may have been being facetious.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
Not sure where you got your times from but obviously its from 2 PM to 12 noon the next day.
From Hilton.com. It states 12 AM as the checkout time:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=OSAHITW
Old Nov 5, 2005, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by lookin4miles
From Hilton.com. It states 12 AM as the checkout time:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=OSAHITW
...? Is it possible that in Japan, noon is considered "AM" still? Strange...

Has to be a typo. Otherwise people booking 1 day get 10 hours in a room, ready to meet the day at midnight...

Edit:
Expedia lists this:
# Check-in time is 14.00
# Check-out time is 12.00
I'm going to bet that expedia's is correct. Just like almost every other hotel I've stayed at in the world.

Last edited by SchmutzigMSP; Nov 5, 2005 at 10:36 pm
Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:09 am

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
If you all don't mind me asking, what exactly is there to do in Osaka? I've been told that Osaka is primarily a technological business center.

Also, there's a post earlier in this thread that said you can take the Shinkansen from Osaka to Shin-Osaka to Tokyo. Does it go to Kyoto as well?

Last edited by FlyingToFly; Nov 6, 2005 at 12:14 am
Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Kyoto is good

Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
If you all don't mind me asking, what exactly is there to do in Osaka? I've been told that Osaka is primarily a technological business center.

Also, there's a post earlier in this thread that said you can take the Shinkansen from Osaka to Shin-Osaka to Tokyo. Does it go to Kyoto as well?
Since I often visit Japan for academic exchange, I would say there is not much to see in Osaka.

However, Kyoto is only 30 min away by train and Osaka Train Station is opposite of Osaka Hilton.

Kyoto is a lovely city and there is much to see.

You can also take a 3 hr train to Hiroshima for a day trip.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:29 am
Suspended

Question Information on Japanese trains

Originally Posted by BOS-NWA
Since I often visit Japan for academic exchange, I would say there is not much to see in Osaka.

However, Kyoto is only 30 min away by train and Osaka Train Station is opposite of Osaka Hilton.

Kyoto is a lovely city and there is much to see.

You can also take a 3 hr train to Hiroshima for a day trip.

As I negotiated a fair price with another FT (2 weeks Hilton Osaka for me and a first class award Europe - Japan for him) I am interested in what to do in Osaka. In this respect, BOS-NWA, could you give us some information on the public transportation system in Japan. How does it work with trains and city transport? Does one even need public transportation within Osaka or are the main attractions around Hilton?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
As I negotiated a fair price with another FT (2 weeks Hilton Osaka for me and a first class award Europe - Japan for him) I am interested in what to do in Osaka. In this respect, BOS-NWA, could you give us some information on the public transportation system in Japan. How does it work with trains and city transport? Does one even need public transportation within Osaka or are the main attractions around Hilton?
Japan: Trains, all sorts of, you try to buy a pass if travel to many cities

Osaka: extensive subway system (weekly/monthly pass), pretty cheap, 1-2 day enough

Kyoto: extensive bus system, major tourist city, you need few days to see most of it

All cities have English maps so it is quite easy (of course I know some Japanese so that doesn't hurt :-))
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:01 am

I hear that in early April, Osaka's sakura (cherry blossom trees) are in beautiful full bloom. So that's something... Too bad my free time was a few weeks before bloom, so I'll likely miss it.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
As I negotiated a fair price with another FT (2 weeks Hilton Osaka for me and a first class award Europe - Japan for him)
Holy Cow! Sounds like I hit the jackpot.

Here's hoping expedia sets the limit per reservation to 2 weeks per one - thus increasing the value of mine, and the likelihood of being honoured - otherwise Hans Dampf is one lucky S.OB.!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingToFly

Osaka does have Universal Studios Japan.

You can go to Kyoto from Osaka easily and cheaply without the using the shikansen (one of the trains costs only 540 yen)

here is a great tool for all of your inter-Japane travel needs
http://ekimae.itp.ne.jp/tra-bin/jrtrageng.cgi

just input where you want to go and when and it gives you lots of options.

Last edited by Julest; Nov 6, 2005 at 7:46 am
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cherry

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I hear that in early April, Osaka's sakura (cherry blossom trees) are in beautiful full bloom. So that's something... Too bad my free time was a few weeks before bloom, so I'll likely miss it.
Osaka's cherry season is projected to be April 7-12.

http://www.japan-zone.com/culture/ha...shtml#forecast

My arrival date is April 15. So I may see some of the cherry by any luck!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
No mention of Breakfast on reservation details

Hmmm... don't know if I have made a mistake but no part my reservation mentions "Breakfast Included" despite clicking on that booking option. Have I goofed up? (100% sure I selected the room which specified a breakfast was included).

I just have "King Executive Room-Fully Flexible."

BTW I am refering to Osaka Hilton.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
As I negotiated a fair price with another FT (2 weeks Hilton Osaka for me and a first class award Europe - Japan for him)
How can you transfer your reservation to others? I might be interested in doing something similar.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I think he may have been being facetious.
Well, that exective room did cost about 50% more than the standard room!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, HHilton, Starwood
Originally Posted by yorweb
Hmmm... don't know if I have made a mistake but no part my reservation mentions "Breakfast Included" despite clicking on that booking option. Have I goofed up? (100% sure I selected the room which specified a breakfast was included).

I just have "King Executive Room-Fully Flexible."

BTW I am refering to Osaka Hilton.
The term "Executive" is as follows :

Our Executive Rooms are a premium hotel within the Hilton Tokyo. All Executive Rooms are located on our top floors, with spectacular views. The Executive Lounge offers a further oasis of peace, with discreet but attentive Guest Relations Officers. A hearty Hilton Breakfast, afternoon tea and early evening cocktails are all provided in comfort and at no extra charge for our Executive Floor guests. Free access to the Fitness Centre is another great perk

Enjoy !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.