Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka 2$ available on expedia.com [RATE GONE - Discussion Only]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by fti
One benefit of AmEx platinum is buy one full-fare business class ticket, get one free with certain airlines (to Asia, mostly with Asian airlines). You can call AmEx or do a search online to find out which airlines it applies to. You must get a separate ticket from wherever you live to the Asian airline's gateway.
You can get this also on UA, SQ and others with ameniti
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:47 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flyingwish
I am unable to find my reservation under existing reservations at hilton.com. I recieved hotel confirmation numbers from both Tokyo and Osaka on my expedia email.
You are only able to see Hilton reservations on Hilton.com that have your Hhonors number associated with it. You need to call Hilton, give them the reservation number, and add your Hhonors number. Very likely the rep will tell you that you get no Hhonors points for your stay. Acknowledge that, and tell him/her that you still would like your number added in order to be able to keep track of your reservation on the Hilton site. The rep can send you an email showing the reservation with your Hhonors number added.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Osaka is again available for booking online, the King Exec is now 41 100 JPY (350 USD) peak; from 22-30 may, a period that seems booked a day or the other by at least several FTers, the same room type is full for non smoking rooms but at least 8 rooms are available (if they don't overbook) for 33 500 JPY each.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:15 am

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
You are only able to see Hilton reservations on Hilton.com that have your Hhonors number associated with it. You need to call Hilton, give them the reservation number, and add your Hhonors number. Very likely the rep will tell you that you get no Hhonors points for your stay. Acknowledge that, and tell him/her that you still would like your number added in order to be able to keep track of your reservation on the Hilton site. The rep can send you an email showing the reservation with your Hhonors number added.
For some reason, my HHonors number is attached to the reservation, but it does not show up on the website under the "My Reservations" section. Is this normal?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
For some reason, my HHonors number is attached to the reservation, but it does not show up on the website under the "My Reservations" section. Is this normal?
It takes up to 2 hours for the reservation to show up after HHonor number is added as the process on Hilton system is not real-time but updated periodically.

The only benefit to have HHonor number attached to is you can see it on HHonor site under my account so you would be able to see should Hilton cancel the reservation (it will disappear).

All 4 reps I talked to at 1-800-Hiltons refused to add HHonor for me claiming they cannot touch Expedia reservation.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by Happy
It takes up to 2 hours for the reservation to show up after HHonor number is added as the process on Hilton system is not real-time but updated periodically.

The only benefit to have HHonor number attached to is you can see it on HHonor site under my account so you would be able to see should Hilton cancel the reservation (it will disappear).

All 4 reps I talked to at 1-800-Hiltons refused to add HHonor for me claiming they cannot touch Expedia reservation.
Though I can't earn HHonors points on the reservation made on expedia, I can still earn points on the incidentals like meals and fitness room fees, right?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by francophile
Though I can't earn HHonors points on the reservation made on expedia, I can still earn points on the incidentals like meals and fitness room fees, right?
That is my understanding. I assume this is why Hilton added my HH number to this account.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, US Air Gold, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Presidents Club

Go to your expedia reservation and get the hotel confirmation reservation... not the expedia confirmation. Don't even mention that it is an expedia reservation.

They should warn you that you won't get points. But that's okay.

I did this with 4 reservations earlier. I would keep trying if I were you.

good luck!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Can't we earn stay credits however? I mean in general, on expedia special prices, do they give stay credits? Of course we can expect for this rate to be treated a different way.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by odysseusinrtp
Go to your expedia reservation and get the hotel confirmation reservation... not the expedia confirmation. Don't even mention that it is an expedia reservation.

They should warn you that you won't get points. But that's okay.

I did this with 4 reservations earlier. I would keep trying if I were you.

good luck!
I added my HH number over the phone as well without a problem.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by frankytalia
Can't we earn stay credits however? I mean in general, on expedia special prices, do they give stay credits? Of course we can expect for this rate to be treated a different way.
No they do not. Only stays booksed on the hiltonwebsite or with the hotel earn stay credit
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:52 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by jan_az
No they do not. Only stays booksed on the hiltonwebsite or with the hotel earn stay credit
Actually, I have found that this is not always the case, Jan. I have received Hilton stay credit for Expedia (actually WWTE which all the airlines seem to use for their hotel booking features,) and for PL stays.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG

Actually, it's been maybe 48 hours or so, and I still can't see it.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Actually, I have found that this is not always the case, Jan. I have received Hilton stay credit for Expedia (actually WWTE which all the airlines seem to use for their hotel booking features,) and for PL stays.

OK - so have I

But I was quoting official policy - which changed sometime around January,I believe; mostly to say that Hilton was not treating these differently because of the rate.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I'm going to close this thread and direct everyone to please refer any further comments regarding the deal or its future validity to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491269

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage Run

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.