Reload this Page >

Hilton Osaka 2$ available on expedia.com [RATE GONE - Discussion Only]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka 2$ available on expedia.com [RATE GONE - Discussion Only]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:18 am

Your credit card has been charged in full. If your plans change, you must cancel or change your hotel reservation in advance in accordance with the Expedia.com and hotel cancellation policies to avoid a no-show charge.

Cancellations or changes made before 4:00 PM (Korea Standard Time) on 3/11/2006 are subject to a $25.00 penalty.

Anyone has any experience with the no-show charge? What If I can't make it, what is the best way to go about it. Cancell for $25? Just don't show up, what will they charge?
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:23 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Code:
        Cancellations and changes

* Cancellations or changes made before 4:00 PM (Korea Standard Time) on 3/16/2006 are subject to a $25.00 penalty.
    * Cancellations or changes made after 4:00 PM (Korea Standard Time) on 3/16/2006 are subject to a 1 Night Room & Tax penalty.
    * Cancellations or changes made after check-in on 3/17/2006 are subject to a 100% penalty.
    * Canceling your stay: Cancellations can be made online. From your itinerary, click the How to cancel this hotel reservation link and follow the instructions.
    * Changing your stay: To make changes, please call and specify that you booked an Expedia Special Rate hotel.
    * All refund requests must occur within 60 days of hotel check-out. Any refund for checking out early or for no shows will be given at the sole discretion of Expedia.com.
    * If you wish to book multiple rooms, you must use a different name for each room or the duplicate reservation MAY be cancelled by the hotel.
FWIW, don't call...

Pat
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
How far is Osaka from Tokyo
Tokyo-Osaka via Shinkansen (bullet train) is 2hrs 45minutes (with 1 transfer at ShinOsaka to Osaka Station) and costs about 14000Y oneway.

Last edited by railroadtycoon; Nov 5, 2005 at 11:27 am
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Question expedia credit possible?

Booked 4/15/06-4/23/06 and 8/5/06-8/20/06 for a total of 23 nights, executive King room+breakfast. ^ ^ ^

Since the actual cost is $200 /night, I wonder if expedia.com will not honor the $4 rate???

I am willing to take $50/night customer relation credit if it's not honored. This would give me $1,100 expedia.com credit.

Does expedia.com have any credit voucher for such errors?
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
I just booked 2 Executive Club rooms in Osaka over the 4th of July week for $58 all in. I sure wonder how they'll treat this reservation. Does anyone have a past experience in which Expedia, specifically, mispriced something?

I'm hesitant to book air (even FF tickets) until we have some experience on how these bookings are handled.

To all you FT'ers who have booked rooms in the near future please keep us posted! Good luck.
Steve
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:58 am

Booked a few days after the new year and a week in march in Osaka.

I dunno how I'll get there yet, but it's worth the $20 to try it.

Let's stick together on this thing. Last mistake I was involved in Expedia didn't honor it, but Travelocity did. Too bad it wasn't showing up on Travelocity.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:03 pm
Suspended

I have been involved in most of the FT "low fare" deals, BA $20, W TS $25, Sheraton N.O., USAIR 1.86, ect..

This is prepaid and my cc has been charged. This rate will stick.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:10 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I got a week in Osaka over Labor day weekend. Would have loved Tokyo but literally, you snooze you lose

I have wanted to go to Japan for some time but have never been. If the rate sticks I may do my week in Osaka and then take the train to Tokyo for another week using SPG points there. If they were to offer a few hundred bucks in Expedia credit to save themselves $2,000, I might be inclined to take it though. It'll be good times either way
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL GM
Got two rooms in July, 3 nights $20
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:25 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
MLK week in Osaka, FFN's for Tokyo... I'm set... now I just need to find someone with a few extra SWU's....lol
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:42 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Still available.... just booked six nights in June.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
still going just booked 1 week in may
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:18 pm

Hey does Expedia charge a flat service fee per booking? If they do, I didn't see it.

I booked Toyko exec room with breakfast for 7 nights approx $25, upon checking out, was offered by entertainment.com $25 off my next expedia booking (no min $booking) for making a 30day trial of Entertainment.com.
So guess what? I booked another week at Osaka for $25 - $25 == $0!!

Big Thanks OP! ^ ^ ^
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Expedia is the one that'll have to eat this, if they honor it...

These are Expedia special rates, so presumably they're acting as a consolidator -- buying a block of rooms and reselling, only in this case they're reselling below cost!

Or is that not how these 'special rates' work?
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:35 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
I'm Confirmed

According to expedia, my itinerary for Osaka is confirmed and I have a hotel confirmation number. Is there any way of adding my hhonors account to the reservation so that I may get some points for the extras at the hotel and/or I'll get the status perks I'm entitled to as a diamond. I know I won't get points or mileage - but hopefully they won't put me in a closet because of the rate if I have my hhonors # on the res.

Thanks!

I love FT!!!

--Sioux

Last edited by Sosiouxme; Nov 5, 2005 at 1:40 pm Reason: Because I abhor typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.