Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2017!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
“Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2017 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
If anyone wants to go ORD-South Florida last minute tomorrow or Friday there are some really cheap one-ways on AA:

ORD-RSW $38
ORD-TPA $49
ORD-PBI $83
I got excited, except it's BE. I wouldn't pay to get subjected to that. Regular economy is $160 OW to RSW. It'd be nice to mention whether a fare is BE or not.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
ORD-SCL $749 UA/LATAM, pretty good spring fare.
PV_Premier likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mlbcard
I got excited, except it's BE. I wouldn't pay to get subjected to that. Regular economy is $160 OW to RSW. It'd be nice to mention whether a fare is BE or not.
money talks sometimes. 3 hours in the middle seat for $38, plus $25 to check a bag...and end up in sunny RSW...i think i could stomach. especially since advance purchase OW fares on this route this time of year were $200+ this year.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
BA: LHR - DXB £271 bookable through Omega Flight Store (9-16/1) various other dates

BA: LGW - GND £383 bookable through Omega Flight Store (27/6 - 4/7) various other dates and other Islands (ANU, PLS, TAB)

BA: LHR - LAS £363 bookable through Omega Flight Store (20 - 27/2) various other dates
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
UA: ORD-DEN RT showing some $89 RT fares in January scattered through the month.

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...8840*.USD.8840
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
UA: ORD-DEN RT showing some $89 RT fares in January scattered through the month.

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...8840*.USD.8840
does appear to book into Basic Economy but dirt cheap for those who want to tap the Rockies.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:55 am

$899 Fiji, Aus, NZ fare sale - Fiji Airlines

Not a barn-burner in terms of CPM, but this is a nice price for those looking for a tropical get-away. $899 r/t Econ on Fiji Airways from LAX, SFO in 2018; $799 from HNL. (Blackout dates apply). Travelzoo included this in their weekly Top 20, so I'd anticipate popular dates will sell out quickly. Will credit to AA, AS, or QF mileage programs. Here's a sample itinerary (use the Fiji link to book at sale price).
brizone likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Brandinho1

does appear to book into Basic Economy but dirt cheap for those who want to tap the Rockies.
It's $22 to get out of Basic Economy, so still a reasonable fare. Seems to also be available in reverse (DEN-ORD-DEN) for $95-101 (including the $22 fee to get out of Basic Economy) for same day or overnight turns on various days toward the end of January and into February.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by melrowgo
Not a barn-burner in terms of CPM, but this is a nice price for those looking for a tropical get-away. $899 r/t Econ on Fiji Airways from LAX, SFO in 2018; $799 from HNL. (Blackout dates apply). Travelzoo included this in their weekly Top 20, so I'd anticipate popular dates will sell out quickly. Will credit to AA, AS, or QF mileage programs. Here's a sample itinerary (use the Fiji link to book at sale price).
Some details on booking this over at FJ : AKL to LAX - 676 NZD

LAX-AKL books into V, (VSPCL13U) with availability until October 31(!) and 100% flown miles creditable to AS. Similar to SYD, MEL. Take advantage of the stopovers folks! With so many seats available, you can easily split your trip between Fiji and your destination, with virtually any combination of days in either place.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by brizone
Some details on booking this over at FJ : AKL to LAX - 676 NZD

LAX-AKL books into V, (VSPCL13U) with availability until October 31(!) and 100% flown miles creditable to AS. Similar to SYD, MEL. Take advantage of the stopovers folks! With so many seats available, you can easily split your trip between Fiji and your destination, with virtually any combination of days in either place.
How are you scheduling the multi-day stopover? When I look at a multi-city, I lose the sale pricing.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
Do multi-segment searches on matrix but only using the specific fare class (VSPCL13U), then when you get it where you need it call Fiji on the phone to book. Keep your NATO phonetic key handy, you're probably gonna need it (I did): https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/axGNeyD_700b_v1.jpg The call center agents were very nice.

You can also reproduce the Matrix results in GF, then click through to book with an OTA, but I've never been comfortable about how squirrelly they are on the 24-hour cancellation terms, so I avoided them in this case.
melrowgo likes this.

Last edited by brizone; Dec 22, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
LAX - KTM RT for $488 with tons of availability

I went to Kathmandu in October and did the Annapurna circuit for a week. Amazing. Been hunting tickets now and then out of the west coast as I plan on returning again in 2018. I am specifically looking for One World for the status boost. I will need it in October. But China South has ridiculously cheap return tickets out of LAX around that time.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...8-CANLAX0CZ327

Last edited by The_Just; Dec 23, 2017 at 2:13 pm Reason: spelling mistake
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by The_Just
I went to Kathmandu in October and did the Annapurna circuit for a week. Amazing. Been hunting tickets now and then out of the west coast as I plan on returning again in 2018. I am specifically looking for One World for the status boost. I will need it in October. But China South has ridiculously cheap return tickets out of LAX around that time.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...8-CANLAX0CZ327
Damn between the Canadian conversion and a positioning flight YVR-LAX it kinda kills the cost on this for me, it'd be around $1000 and with no vested interest in Skyteam I just can't swing that . I wish Air China went as low as CZ and MU, ex-YVR it's always MU at rock bottom prices, just flew them recently and was totally satisfied for the price I paid. Come on CA, drop those prices!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:47 am

WN MDW-LAS $80 r/t

Just booked non-stop flights MDW-LAS for Jan 10-13 at $80 r/t. Several date combinations seem to work for this Wanna Get Away fare.
mlbcard likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Booked a same day YUL-YYZ-YHZ-YUL on Westjet, paid $179 CAD. works out to $0.11 p/mile.
Used WS's Boxing day 70% code.
Flights will take place on January 27th.

I really only did this to grab a segment on the elusive 737-600 LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.