Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2017!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
“Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2017 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
CDG - YUL also available for 100 euro , so other way around works also on limited dates
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Not seeing this at all on TS's site. OP, where did you book this?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:48 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by futurox
With AIR TRANSAT

Also works from other Canadian Cities.

I just booked Montreal to Paris, Dec 4-11

Availability in November to December 2017

Example dates:
6th-13th Nov
6th-14th Nov
12th-19th Nov
12th-20th Nov
12th-21st Nov
12th-22nd Nov
13th-20th Nov
13th-21st Nov
13th-22nd Nov
14th-21st Nov
14th-22nd Nov
15th-22nd Nov
19th-29th Nov
20th-27th Nov
21st-28th Nov
21st-29th Nov
22nd-29th Nov
26th Nov – 3rd Dec
26th Nov – 4th Dec
26th Nov – 5th Dec
27th Nov – 4th Dec
27th Nov – 5th Dec
28th Nov – 5th Dec
4th-11th Dec
4th-12th Dec
4th-13th Dec
5th-12th Dec
5th-13th Dec
6th-13th Dec

and more…
Thanks! Dublin just $91 on some days. Shows on Google Flights and Orbitz (among others).
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: EX Platinum AA
Went on Matrix and booked with Priceline.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Seems to be gone....

$640 CND now YUL-CDG on many of those dates.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:11 pm

I booked a NYE flight from Toronto to Lisbon this afternoon with Air Transat for what I thought was a very good rate for the holiday season ($505 CAD). I just now saw that this was part of an Air Transat system wide "human error" that was advertised by Secret Flying. Looks like a lot of people have already had their purchases canceled. Mine was made through Flight Network...nothing yet beyond the initial confirmation. I do see a pending charge from Air Transat on my Visa though. Has anyone who booked been ticketed yet?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by mykel67
I booked a NYE flight from Toronto to Lisbon this afternoon with Air Transat for what I thought was a very good rate for the holiday season ($505 CAD). I just now saw that this was part of an Air Transat system wide "human error" that was advertised by Secret Flying. Looks like a lot of people have already had their purchases canceled. Mine was made through Flight Network...nothing yet beyond the initial confirmation. I do see a pending charge from Air Transat on my Visa though. Has anyone who booked been ticketed yet?
So far it looks like Flight Network has been the ones cancelling - I haven't seen other OTA's including what I booked (FlightHub). Received e-tix # 2 hrs after booking.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by dominick
So far it looks like Flight Network has been the ones cancelling - I haven't seen other OTA's including what I booked (FlightHub). Received e-tix # 2 hrs after booking.
Really? I had a look at the posts on the Secret Flying page on Facebook, and most people posting about cancellations booked through faregeek and other sites I haven't heard of.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Paris to Montreal for 98£ in November for a weekend. Ticket is still good! Booked via OTA.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:28 pm

On my FOURTH call to Flight Network they finally told me the fare they sold me is not valid due to an error in calculating the taxes. They did offer to rebook the flight for me for an additional $427. I told them I would not be booking any flights in the future through Flight Network or with Air Transat. Grrr....
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mykel67
On my FOURTH call to Flight Network they finally told me the fare they sold me is not valid due to an error in calculating the taxes. They did offer to rebook the flight for me for an additional $427. I told them I would not be booking any flights in the future through Flight Network or with Air Transat. Grrr....
What prompted you to call? Was your itin never available in Air Transat and/or receive a cancellation email?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:11 am

I called because after 32 hours I still did not have my e-tickets, and my booking was not showing up on Air Transat's website even though Flight Network issued me a record locator number.

Choosing to take the perspective that I dodged a bullet by not booking with AT. Looking for something else altogether now.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I would not fly with Air Transat, its a charter low cost airline and they always are delayed(and you are not protected to be rerouted etc), try to avoid as much as possible. TAP is an alternative, they are one airline that allows low one way fares as opposed to the other airlines.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:57 pm

My travel horseshoe is intact after all! Out of the blue, Air Transat contacted me today to offer me the original error-fare that I had booked on Friday. (The power of social media, I guess....) While I am still wary of the Transat experience, I feel that's a decent trade off for the great price and perfect flight dates and times for us. What a surprise!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: EX Platinum AA
On Air Transat, I have "Your itinerary has been booked. Thank you for choosing Air Transat" with a Confirmation Number... however, nothing has run on my credit card as yet. Will wait for them to call me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.