Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Looks like UA, LH, and SN have posted matching fares. You can do EWR-FRA-BRU on LH, for example.
Originally Posted by wp_kid
wow, i hope this is the start of the thanksgiving fare sale DL please match!
The thanksgiving sale started two weeks ago. Most major carriers have TATL sale going on right now. (I don't see anything on BA metal, but I could be wrong)

My post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20945890-post1267.html
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
thanks, looks like i missed your post. although last year's included west coast cities as well, around the same price range. at the moment looks like it's only from east coast (?)
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by wp_kid
thanks, looks like i missed your post. although last year's included west coast cities as well, around the same price range. at the moment looks like it's only from east coast (?)
West coast fares, ex-LAX,SFO,SEA, start at around $2,200-$2,300+. I'm not sure if they're similar as last year.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
As the possible disappearance of the CMB deals was noted here please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thanks,

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Air India are doing some fab ex-UK valid now - Sep 30, 01-30 Nov & 25 Dec - 13 Mar - circa £1,370 inc tax (making fare about £700 +) - books into Z class.

For the summer - will be cheaper than a lot of Y.

A long time since I flew AI, but i've read some wonderful reviews of their 77W business class - connections are great in Delhi (double check, but I don't think visas are required).

Same base fares to DEL/BOM - probably a few others - but not other SEA points that I could find.

Edit - you can also use this fare on their 787 AI 115 / 116 ex LHR rotation via DEL if you want - but 10 / 15 hour wait in Delhi for connection!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Air India are doing some fab ex-UK valid now - Sep 30, 01-30 Nov & 25 Dec - 13 Mar - circa £1,370 inc tax (making fare about £700 +) - books into Z class.

A long time since I flew AI, but i've read some wonderful reviews of their 77W business class - connections are great in Delhi (double check, but I don't think visas are required).

Same base fares to DEL/BOM - probably a few others - but not other SEA points that I could find.

Edit - you can also use this fare on their 787 AI 115 / 116 ex LHR rotation via DEL if you want - but 10 / 15 hour wait in Delhi for connection!
what are the destinations here?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:40 am

Do you mean you're not physic?

Sorry - I found BKK, KTM - and that's it apart from the Indian destinations, but havn't explored all. Couldn't find SIN/CGK/KUL. Could be many more. Good availability to BKK.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee

I often pick up cheap one ways CDG-India or vv (various destinations in India) in C

I'm not a fan of their 77W overall; I was scheduled to fly the first CDG 787 flight which ended up being the first/last/non-existent, and haven't managed to actually fly it since it was returned to service. I did fly it BLR-DEL once, and it wasn't bad.

Generally, AI fares are about 1/2 of BA and AF in C throughout the year, pricing to/from LHR and CDG
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:20 am

OK - this is circa 1/3 of BA - 1/2 TG / BR - especially with such good availability now - end of Summer.

I don't follow any Indian Airlines - but do keep an eye on SE Asia fares ex-uk - and this strikes me as more than decent (bordering exceptional?) - i'll keep an eye on AI & 9W in future then!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Ay prg-bkk ~1.900 usd

Plenty of availability, PRG-HEL-BKK RT for less than 2.000 USD.
fare base ISA2CZ2
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Hi, first time in this forum for me.

I found HNL to EWR to LIM on UA for approximately $1958 on a number of days coming up later this year. With a 50% class of service bonus, that works out to about $0.08 per mile.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
Hi, first time in this forum for me.

I found HNL to EWR to LIM on UA for approximately $1958 on a number of days coming up later this year. With a 50% class of service bonus, that works out to about $0.08 per mile.
Looks like this is fare basis "ULX4A9LN/UPDIS" (quite a mouthful!), books into P. ExpertFlyer incorrectly calls it an economy fare (based on the first letter of its fare basis?), but it definitely books into business-class.

Base fare is $1026, valid routings are HNL-DEN/LAX/SFO/SMF-EWR/HOU-LIM, I see an a/i $1095 one way. I also see the round-trip fare available at the price you found (even better deal!).
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Plenty of availability, PRG-HEL-BKK RT for less than 2.000 USD.
fare base ISA2CZ2
you can get even better price for PRG-HEL-BKK-HEL-BUD or BUD-HEL-BKK-HEL-PRG.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Looks like this is fare basis "ULX4A9LN/UPDIS" (quite a mouthful!), books into P. ExpertFlyer incorrectly calls it an economy fare (based on the first letter of its fare basis?), but it definitely books into business-class.

Base fare is $1026, valid routings are HNL-DEN/LAX/SFO/SMF-EWR/HOU-LIM, I see an a/i $1095 one way. I also see the round-trip fare available at the price you found (even better deal!).
Does this mean it does not earn the 50% class of service bonus?

And how did you find all your information? That is very helpful.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
Does this mean it does not earn the 50% class of service bonus?

And how did you find all your information? That is very helpful.
This fare *does* earn the 50% COS bonus — it books into the UA P booking class. It's a great deal.

I looked up the specific fare basis for this trip (HNL-LIM on UA) using the expertflyer.com "fare information" tool, which is the closest a cheap ordinary mortal can get to a GDS.

Last edited by mherdeg; Jul 10, 2013 at 4:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.