Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
All the MH offers ex HKG can be found here http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...f-the-day.html

Some bargains - London in J for HK$10880 plus taxes.

Book by Mar 15th, travel by end of April.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
It's nothing to write home about, but DL RDU-ATL/DTW-PHL r/t are going for $442 from now until summer.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
All the MH offers ex HKG can be found here http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...f-the-day.html

But $7k excess of the YQ. Still a great fare, but could have been great if not for the YQ.

PS: CX will really be suffering if they don't compete against the new OneWorld partner with such premium fares.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by SESTAR
MH has good prices from PHN - LAX. 1 way only.
I got this to work round-trip too.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by SESTAR
MH has good prices from PHN - LAX. 1 way only

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Departs: Thu, 06 Feb 2014, 16:30

Los Angeles CA, California, United States Of America
Arrives: Fri, 07 Feb 2014, 13:05
1 Adult: USD 712.00
Surcharges: USD 383.00
Taxes: USD 96.40
Total + Taxes + Surcharges: USD 1,191.40
Total Price: USD 1,191.40

Good price but long connecting time.
Originally Posted by whimike
I got this to work round-trip too.
I'm getting 2885 return. Do you have sample dates for return fare that's <2400?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, STARWOOD PLAT, UA 1K,AA PLAT [2.5MILLION], LH SENATOR, AMEX BLACK
MH BIZ Special HKG Fare gone

try to book online and MH fare offer is 10,880HKD but price doubles at fare booking - I find this a common problem on MH also telephone center insists the double fare is correct - any ideas?

thanks
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedsterjoe
try to book online and MH fare offer is 10,880HKD but price doubles at fare booking - I find this a common problem on MH also telephone center insists the double fare is correct - any ideas?

thanks
Yes, the offer expired on March 15th and it's now March 16th in Malaysia. They seem to apply the POS rules a bit differently to others, although have you tried booking on a US site?

I had this a couple of years back when I missed a sale fare KUL-BKI.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, STARWOOD PLAT, UA 1K,AA PLAT [2.5MILLION], LH SENATOR, AMEX BLACK
Ex HKG BIZ SPECIAL MH

MH fares quote:

"Booking Period16 Mar 2013 - 25 Mar 2013"
"Travel Period 04 Apr 2013 - 16 Apr 2013"

though website booking doubles the price

let me know if anyone has found a way around this

thanks
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Looks like my previous posts were deleted. If you search you will find that the ex-PNH and ex-HKG fares on MH have been around for a while and discussed (including round trip). There is no point trying to re-invent the wheel.

Originally Posted by dll
Found a filed fare on ExpertFlyer for REP (Siem Reap) to LAX on MH; one-way business fare of 712USD plus taxes and fees. Prices out about 1193USD one-way. Requires an overnight in KUL due to schedules and KUL-LAX (via NRT) is not a daily flight so some adjustments may be necessary to make it work. I was able to price it out on the Malaysia site in April. Books into D. Not bad if you need a one-way fare!

Edited to add: also available as a roundtrip for 1294USD plus taxes/fees (I priced it 2199USD all-in roundtrip), and is available from either REP or PNH via KUL.
Originally Posted by dll
Yes, roundtrip from either of PNH or REP-LAX and back. It does not appear to be valid to any other US city than LAX (the only one served right now by MH). Routing rules expressly dictate REP/PNH-KUL-TYO-LAX as the routing to (and reverse on the way back).

Appears valid and prices the same for open jaw (thus you could fly PNH-LAX on your outbound and LAX-REP on your return). Changes permitted and refundable for USD40 service charge per fare rules.
Originally Posted by dll
The Malaysia Airlines REP/PNH-LAX fare is still showing available. 1290USD one-way or 2200USD roundtrip in business, connecting via KUL. Only available for flights originating in either REP or PNH, but you can do an open-jaw (out of PNH, back into REP). Only available to LAX. Allows stopover in KUL if you wish. Great deal to the US from SE Asia. Looks like flight schedule require an overnight in KUL outbound as the KUL-LAX (1-stop in NRT) leaves in the morning.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:29 pm

Ex HKG fares

The ex. HKG fare in BIZ is a little over 1200USD RT A/I HKG/LHR, I believe you are referring to another fare

Thx

Originally Posted by skunker
Looks like my previous posts were deleted. If you search you will find that the ex-PNH and ex-HKG fares on MH have been around for a while and discussed (including round trip). There is no point trying to re-invent the wheel.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedsterjoe
MH fares quote:

"Booking Period16 Mar 2013 - 25 Mar 2013"
"Travel Period 04 Apr 2013 - 16 Apr 2013"

though website booking doubles the price

let me know if anyone has found a way around this

thanks
OK, spin it round - it's currently March 15th at the POS and you say valid for booking from the 16th????
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony

That was a great bargain. Sad to miss to it.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
That was a great bargain. Sad to miss to it.
Mind you, it's not tax included. With tax included, it will be close to 19k HKG = almost 2.5k USD.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by mileageking
I'm getting 2885 return. Do you have sample dates for return fare that's <2400?
Yes, I tried some dates in Jan '14. 19th out, 26th in.

Came to $647 each way base, total fare is $2,196.40.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paris was cheaper - same base fare but you avoid the punitive UK departures taxes that are applied for long hauls in J or F. It's £166 for HKG per person post April 1st - grr.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.