Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:54 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WillTravel
$1290 USD, if anyone is interested.
^
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up

Just picked up a pair of JFK-IST, may 2-13, 1300 each. Thanks FT!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Kuwait also charges 3 KWD for a visa if you want to enter.

I have no idea about how easy it would be explain a visit to Kuwait to a CBP officer though which is why I want to use HK passport to visit that country (and because I can't be denied entry into HK no matter what)
Kuwait's transatlantic service is the ancient fifth-freedom LHR JFK sector of the KWI LHR JFK route. It's long been a standby for anyone seeking (relative) comfort in the airline's premium cabins for very low fares (around £900 Business, £1200 in F, or even cheaper via consolidators). I don't think Oasis, the airline's FFP, has links to any airline partners at all.

Clearly no transit at KWI is required for the transatlantic flight But if it were, Kuwait shouldn't raise eyebrows at the US border.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
I have heard of some having problems with P fares on LH. However, I flew RT IAH/STR in November and the P fares posted with proper bonus within three days.
I'm guessing this was on UA metal? I had no trouble with UA metal posting; it was LH metal that was an issue.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Seems like sfo fra ist is 2080 and you get j on lh both ways on the a380. May 10-20.
This is base fare only. Watch out for taxes, fees and total might approach $ 3000 depending on routing, connections etc. Severe restrictions incl 60 days adv purchase. 2x ck LH A380 re old-style C-class seating.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by loves_2_travel
Just picked up a pair of JFK-IST, may 2-13, 1300 each. Thanks FT!
JFK-IST seems to be widely available on Swiss for those dates and other dates in May for $1340 R/T, and books into P class which earns 150% base and 150% PQMs on UA. But can't get it to price on anything under 10 days, must be a min stay requirement.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262
Still available though availability is scarce. You have to use the search code on ITA to search only DL+ and also choose nonstop. Seeing dates at the end of April and beginning of May. Another example just verified is May 5-15th.

Per fare rules. It must be on the nonstop and minimum stay is 10 days. Also to note the DL Nonstop to IST doesnt start operating until April 27th.
ITA shows additional availability in Oct-Dec. November has an absolute TON of availability and I was able to find an example itinerary on delta.com from Nov 14-25 for $1289
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
[Merged] MH: HKG-SYD $10K HKD/$1,290 USD ai BUSINESS CLASS

Originally Posted by correctioncx
This must CATCH your attention.

Although not on CX directly, but for those chasing Club Miles/ Asia Miles and need to goto SYD or other destination in Aust, the following is an excellent deal:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...+Kong&cid=3597

Including tax around 12KHKD. Slightly cheaper than an ex TPE.
Originally Posted by correctioncx
You will earn points from 1 Feb onwards.

Club Miles/Oneworld etc...

Mods - If appropriate just delete this thread
Originally Posted by percysmith
True, cheap
But 10K is for quiet season, I looked for first week of October and it's 18K plus tax
And it's a 3 hour flying + time on the ground detour.

Plus I'm not the biggest fan of Satays or Guava juice. I'm about as excited to go on MH J as I would be on CX W.

That said I'm itching to see if Maldives redemption availability will turn up on 1 Feb. I won't mind burning miles to fly MH J there.
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
This is not quite specific to CX, but is related to OW or MR deals. I am moving the thread over to MR Deals.

cxfan1960
CX Mod
This deal, originally posted in the CX forum (in expectation of MH joining OneWorld alliance), has been moved from the Mileage Run Deals forum to the Premium Fares thread.

Note that there is a 1 week redirect link still in MR Deals.

Regards,
BiziBB, Moderator Mileage Run forums
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by andie73
Sale 20% until 31 Jan. Book on egyptair.com. Far East Asia from Europe near 1200-1300 eur. Depart before 15 March.
Yet another dry airline
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M, EY Guest
Does anyone here have experience and/or pictures of KUs premium cabins?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:19 am

Looks like Labor Day return availability from ZRH, BRU or BCN is gone for the DL fare. Other days still there...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Seems like sfo fra ist is 2080 and you get j on lh both ways on the a380. May 10-20.
I am not seeing anything close to this fare on ITA.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
re: UA P fare LAX-IST

I searched UA on the dates from the OP (5/12 to 5/25).

You can route through ORD, EWR or IAD for $7 more. All go through MUC on UA metal and then LH to IST. So if you are really worried about the miles, you can do that.

But for LH routings, LH has no P fare class in business. It looks like a discounted full fare economy (if there is such a thing). I assume it would map into LH as a Z class fare (150% RDM/PQM).

I have flown discounted business on UA/LH codeshares and have had issues with the miles posting. Typically I have to do is call MP support and get it miles posted in a few days. But I always keep a copy of the e-ticket, original itinerary off UA.com, boarding pass, etc, etc

Update:

I just checked the M&M website. Apparently LH does have a P business class fare. It looks like it only earns 100% RDM (the mileage calculator doesn't include EQM). So you may want to book only on UA metal on the TATL flight for the miles.

Last edited by cheltzel; Jan 26, 2013 at 8:15 am Reason: new LH info
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
LH P Class is the cheapest discount Business Class. Was introduced a year ago or so. 100% miles in the LH M&M Program, but still a good fare from the West Coast to IST.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
I am not seeing anything close to this fare on ITA.
cf post # 185 above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.