Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
I'm guessing this was on UA metal? I had no trouble with UA metal posting; it was LH metal that was an issue.
No it was LH on the 380.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
UA has fares in the $2400 -$2500 range IAH - IST in Aug. LH has fares IAH - IST and IAH to Moscow in Aug in the same range. Books into P class and requires 10 day Min. I have IAH - IST 8/22 - 9/2 booked. Flat beds on UA on the outbound. LH A380 on the return.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
The UA/LH P class business fares are available form ORD as well.

9 day minimum stay fares ex ORD, routing ORD-EWR-MUC-IST and ORD-IAD-MUC-IST for $1458 ai. The dates on ITA hat I see are May 12, returning May 25.

At 150% EQM, almost a MR fare.

Last edited by cheltzel; Jan 26, 2013 at 1:20 pm Reason: fix dates
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: Soon to be free agent...
One more data point: IAD-FRA-IST, ~1485 AI for a 12 day trip (mid-May); able to get the LH 747-8i in both directions IAD-FRA.

Last edited by aabrock2187; Jan 26, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reason: adding date
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Stimpy, I'm also holding S class biz tickets for Feb and March. Even though Delta is changing their fare classes, I highly doubt that they won't honor both the class in which you bought your ticket, as well as the correct MQM crediting.
I booked 5/5 - 5/20 in (S) as well.
I now see this same itin available in First(A) at the same price.
Any thoughts?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Stimpy, I'm also holding S class biz tickets for Feb and March. Even though Delta is changing their fare classes, I highly doubt that they won't honor both the class in which you bought your ticket, as well as the correct MQM crediting.
they will. I bought tickets when they last had this offer. No issue w/ schedule changes and rebooking into S or D on AF or KL. Credit is also given w/ 150% MQM.

Originally Posted by Wheatbackpenny
I booked 5/5 - 5/20 in (S) as well.
I now see this same itin available in First(A) at the same price.
Any thoughts?
Where are you seeing First? Can't see any TATL First anywhere close to these prices.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:14 am

Must have been a glitch last night. I saw the same itin for the same price and it showed First (A). I was scratching my head too as the new 767 on this route only has two classes of service.
In retrospect I should have booked it and I could have mapped it to an (A) fare on AF and flown first on the A380.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
The UA/LH P class business fares are available form ORD as well.

9 day minimum stay fares ex ORD, routing ORD-EWR-MUC-IST and ORD-IAD-MUC-IST for $1458 ai. The dates on ITA hat I see are May 12, returning May 25.

At 150% EQM, almost a MR fare.
Thanks for flagging this. I booked ORD-MUC-IST and IST-FRA-IAH-ORD for $1455.60 with eight days in Turkey. Have been looking for an opportunity to go back and spend a couple more days in Istanbul, and then probably head to the coast for a few. This will be a nice break.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jan 27, 2013 at 1:56 pm Reason: corrected outbound to ORD-MUC instead ORD-EWR
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Thanks for flagging this. I booked ORD-EWR-IST and IST-FRA-IAH-ORD for $1455.60 with eight days in Turkey. Have been looking for an opportunity to go back and spend a couple more days in Istanbul, and then probably head to the coast for a few. This will be a nice break.
I think you can route it through IAH-FRA on the LH 388 both ways for that fare.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Wheatbackpenny
Must have been a glitch last night. I saw the same itin for the same price and it showed First (A). I was scratching my head too as the new 767 on this route only has two classes of service.
In retrospect I should have booked it and I could have mapped it to an (A) fare on AF and flown first on the A380.
nope. Domestic flights book into A and Delta has no international First. These fares are not valid on partner metal; DL only.

I think you can route it through IAH-FRA on the LH 388 both ways for that fare.
Not that big of a difference with less PQMs on LH metal. I'd try and get as much PMCO as possible.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Not that big of a difference with less PQMs on LH metal. I'd try and get as much PMCO as possible.
Is the LH P fare only 100% PQMs on UA??

I posted that question on the UA forum and haven't seen an answer.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: UA
Is the LH P fare only 100% PQMs on UA??

I posted that question on the UA forum and haven't seen an answer.
The mileage chart seems to show 150% PQM but only 125% RDM (+ your premier bonus). It shows the fare as full fare economy though.

I would fight for the 150% based on their own chart even if they don't give it to you automatically.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by German Expat
The mileage chart seems to show 150% PQM but only 125% RDM (+ your premier bonus). It shows the fare as full fare economy though.

I would fight for the 150% based on their own chart even if they don't give it to you automatically.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298
I saw that too. I'm thinking about calling the UA Premier line to try to get an answer.

That is, if you can trust what a UA CSR phone agent says anymore.

BTW, I just did another ITA search and found ORD-IAH-FRA-IST and back on all UA metal TATL for $1475 ai. Dates are depart 5/5 and return 5/15.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I saw that too. I'm thinking about calling the UA Premier line to try to get an answer.

BTW, I just did another ITA search and found ORD-IAH-FRA-IST and back on all UA metal TATL for $1475 ai. Dates are depart 5/5 and return 5/15.
Have AA/BA matched any of these fares? Looking to go from West Coast, either SAN or LAX.

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:35 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat

Don't waste the dime. 90% of UA agents (or more) don't know, don't know how to find out, and half will lie to you instead of admitting this truth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.