Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
True, cheap
But 10K is for quiet season, I looked for first week of October and it's 18K plus tax
And it's a 3 hour flying + time on the ground detour.

Plus I'm not the biggest fan of Satays or Guava juice. I'm about as excited to go on MH J as I would be on CX W.

That said I'm itching to see if Maldives redemption availability will turn up on 1 Feb. I won't mind burning miles to fly MH J there.
Yes if it is not 10K it is not worth it as ex TPE is around 18K ish so might as well do that and get proper Long Haul products.

But at least provide some possibility for MRs
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
sorry didnt know MH joining one world. it certainly offer the MR option because it has no min stay. whether i want to transfer on ground is another issue as i wud do weekend run and have no time to waste enroute....
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:08 am

Can't seem to locate on ITA any of those great JFK-IST business class seats (Except on Air Berlin?) from mid-May through June. Have they disappeared?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
Originally Posted by upgrader
Can't seem to locate any of those great JFK-IST business class seats from mid-May through June. Have they disappeared?
Same here. Appears gone using ITA at least.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by upgrader
Can't seem to locate on ITA any of those great JFK-IST business class seats (Except on Air Berlin?) from mid-May through June. Have they disappeared?
Still available though availability is scarce. You have to use the search code on ITA to search only DL+ and also choose nonstop. Seeing dates at the end of April and beginning of May. Another example just verified is May 5-15th.

Per fare rules. It must be on the nonstop and minimum stay is 10 days. Also to note the DL Nonstop to IST doesnt start operating until April 27th.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by aaron1262
Still available though availability is scarce. You have to use the search code on ITA to search only DL+ and also choose nonstop. Seeing dates at the end of April and beginning of May. Another example just verified is May 5-15th.

Per fare rules. It must be on the nonstop and minimum stay is 10 days. Also to note the DL Nonstop to IST doesnt start operating until April 27th.
It's still showing for some random dates on dl.com. Just verified. Amazing fare.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
Is this S-fare the business fare we know it today, or the New And Improved S-fare once DL realigns their fare structure with that of AF/KL? At that time, S becomes an economy class fare bucket.
What's that? S class is still business in March for sure.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If Delta shows it as business on their website, I guess you can expect to fly business. What do the fare rules say?

On the other hand, the fare aligning is a fact. AFKL and Delta fare classes will very soon be exactly the same.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Xandrios
If Delta shows it as business on their website, I guess you can expect to fly business. What do the fare rules say?

On the other hand, the fare aligning is a fact. AFKL and Delta fare classes will very soon be exactly the same.
When? I have tickets for late March booked in S with business class seat assignments.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by stimpy
When? I have tickets for late March booked in S with business class seat assignments.
Stimpy, I'm also holding S class biz tickets for Feb and March. Even though Delta is changing their fare classes, I highly doubt that they won't honor both the class in which you bought your ticket, as well as the correct MQM crediting.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone find dates in April? Is this a mistake? Wish some Star Alliance carriers would match!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:38 am

Star Alliance has matched

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone find dates in April? Is this a mistake? Wish some Star Alliance carriers would match!
Use Kayak - most of May...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
Use Kayak - most of May...
Star looks to have wide availability starting April 8. Delta doesnt seem to have any until May.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
LH LAX-MUC-IST on united.com $1719 AI (sample 5/12 - 5/25). Pretty sweet, although there are frequent Y deals on this route for $700 or less, unlike other transatlantic routes.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joefouche
LH LAX-MUC-IST on united.com $1719 AI (sample 5/12 - 5/25). Pretty sweet, although there are frequent Y deals on this route for $700 or less, unlike other transatlantic routes.
I saw that too. One question though, I've seen a lot of posting regarding P fares not able to get the 150% PQM. Does this happen to fare like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.