Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:02 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by cmdsea
LX are resuming direct service to SIN from 13th May and have some good deals ex-SIN for business class. Zurich for S$3680 (US$3k) round trip all inclusive. other points in Europe for slightly more.

Seemed to be valid outbound monday and tuesday only. Bookable until 28th Jan for travel until November.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/Pages/in...698&Country=SG
Sounds like a deal but I cannot find. All fares are coming in at least CHY 6500 Return.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ps9a
Very subjective--- some of us on this thread aren't mileage runners or looking to minimize CPM (ie, connecting multiple times on our way across the country). Personally, a domestic Premium fare that's significantly cheaper than normal is interesting to me.
Fair enough. So, as an example, I've found BOS-LAS on DL connecting thru ATL in 'A' for $687 RT AI (example date: 2/25-2/26). That flight prices out in the rest of February and March at usually a few hundred bucks more and in May at $1912 everyday. With the 50% booking class bonus, that's 8,080 EQM at 8.5 cents/mile. Is that worth mentioning, or is that pretty typical?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Sounds like a deal but I cannot find. All fares are coming in at least CHY 6500 Return.
Are you originating in SIN and booking on the SG website?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:50 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by steveholt
Fair enough. So, as an example, I've found BOS-LAS on DL connecting thru ATL in 'A' for $687 RT AI (example date: 2/25-2/26). That flight prices out in the rest of February and March at usually a few hundred bucks more and in May at $1912 everyday. With the 50% booking class bonus, that's 8,080 EQM at 8.5 cents/mile. Is that worth mentioning, or is that pretty typical?
Definitely worth mentioning -- and thanks for doing so! I'm sure any ST FTers about there appreciate the information.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by steveholt
That is absolutely fantastic, thanks a lot.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Definitely worth mentioning -- and thanks for doing so! I'm sure any ST FTers about there appreciate the information.
I'm in all the alliances and always looking for good ST deals. However I don't think that fare is especially great. You can almost always find fares like that on delta.com if you look far enough in advance.

What I'd like to know is how do people find those 6 connection cross-country, cross again type premium fares?

I'll share something that I think may have been mentioned here in the past, but if you are looking of for cheap EU-US fares with ST, check out DL ex-DUS. They have a non-stop to ATL with new lie-flat seats and usually price out quite a bit cheaper than AF or KL. But your flight cannot stop more than 24 hours in France or Holland. However you can sometimes find a way on delta.com to go with AF. For instance for a trip to LA I got DUS-CDG-LAX with AF and the A380 to LAX. And the return is LAX-ATL-DUS all with DL and all fully flat seats. That's about as perfect as it gets for DUS-LAX because you get the nice AF A380 experience on the day flight, and for the red-eye back you get fully flat seats to sleep well. All in for around €2000 discount-biz S class. For the Dutch, DUS is a short train ride from AMS.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by stimpy
What I'd like to know is how do people find those 6 connection cross-country, cross again type premium fares?
The multi-leg fares I've found have usually come from fiddling with ITA.

Coding:

DL DL DL (repeat as many as possible, but sometimes different numbers work in the different directions)

or

DL+

or

DL+ ATL DL+ (ATL just as an example, but it tends to be one of the better ones, with SLC a close second)

Sometimes there are some odd routings right on DL's web site. Just a few $$ more than the more direct ones because they include those extra terminal costs. Just scroll past the better routes.

Romelle
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm in all the alliances and always looking for good ST deals. However I don't think that fare is especially great. You can almost always find fares like that on delta.com if you look far enough in advance.
Which is why it is very much worth mentioning when one finds a good delta.com fare because it means someone else has done the finding so we don't have spend a lot of time looking. Everyone does not have to think it's great, but it is put out there because there are many who will just like I don't particularly have any use whatsoever for an EU to US fare, but applaud you for sharing for those that do.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I didn't say it wasn't a great fare, I would happily buy that if I needed that route. I said it wasn't especially great. Or another way of putting it, it's neither rare nor unique. Those types of fares are for sale every day on the airlines website. That is the information I wanted to communicate. You can always find those types of fares in the US these days if you book several weeks in advance. Or several months in advance on some of the more popular routes.

I love this thread for two reasons. One is that it alerts me when a particular sale comes around. The other is that sometimes it can find exceptional and rare airfares. We could post every single discounted premium fare out there, but then this thread would become horribly bloated and practically unusable. Plus if one is looking for a cheap fare on a particular route, he/she can easily find the best fare through the normal tools that we all use. All IMHO of course.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
AA: SFO-FRA C. Summer 2013 $2553

AA: SFO-FRA C. Summer 2013 $2553

Not super amazing but pretty good. It's smack in the middle of summer in case someone wants to buy now. *A has not matched, and it's a reasonable C fare from West Coast.

American Airlines
802 San Francisco (SFO)
July 10, 2013 08:20 AM
Travel Time : 3 h 25 m
Cabin Class : First
Seat : unassigned

Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
July 10, 2013 01:45 PM
Booking Code : A
Plane Type : 738
American Airlines

70 Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
July 10, 2013 03:45 PM
Travel Time : 9 h 45 m
Cabin Class : Business

Frankfurt (FRA)
July 11, 2013 08:30 AM
Booking Code : I
Plane Type : 777
Flight Depart Arrive
American Airlines

71 Frankfurt (FRA)
July 20, 2013 10:30 AM
Travel Time : 10 h 30 m
Cabin Class : Business

Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
July 20, 2013 02:00 PM
Booking Code : I
Plane Type : 777
American Airlines

399 Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
July 20, 2013 03:45 PM
Travel Time : 3 h 40 m
Cabin Class : First

San Francisco (SFO)
July 20, 2013 05:25 PM
Booking Code : A
Plane Type : 738

Average Fare $2,373.00
Average Fare
Adult $2,373.00
Taxes & Fees
Adult $180.00
Price and Tax Information
Flight Subtotal
$2,553.00
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Please keep discussions to rhe "discussion" subforum, as we now have a ton of clutter on here
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:51 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
MH ex HKG have some very good airfares, Bis to Australia for USD$1500 return,

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...+Kong&cid=3596

Should be mileage earning for One World if after Feb 1.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:20 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by markis10
MH ex HKG have some very good airfares, Bis to Australia for USD$1500 return,

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...+Kong&cid=3596
Perhaps you meant: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/e...+Kong&cid=3596

Just to tag on to this: MH also has a very good price ex-TYO on their nonstop flight to LAX -- under 200,000 JPY RT all-in. Must book before January 31.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia

Just to tag on to this: MH also has a very good price ex-TYO on their nonstop flight to LAX -- under 200,000 JPY RT all-in. Must book before January 31.
Excellent deal from HKG to SYD/MEL/ADL. Books into Z class. Would earn 400 status credits with QF assuming Z class on MH earns at the usual business level (has not yet been announced which fare classes will earn status credits). So around $3.75 per sc.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

Too bad not in the other direction...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.