Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: EWR-IST $638 ai round trip (everything included). [W fare $938 ai]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Anyone else having trouble selecting seats? I booked a ticket for three family members last week and unable to select seats. None have status and called UA three times and received three different answers ranging from computer glitches to last night being there might be an equip swap in September. Interestingly enough...R space and all premium cabins are zeroed out...just another glitch perhaps.

Update: Ahhh looks like an equip swap starting end of Aug to the BizFirst 763 bird...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...01jul12-5.html
I'm also unable to select seats in coach. I even called an agent to do this manually and she wasn't able to do it. One of my flights did have R availability, and was able to clear a GPU and select a seat in BF. Don't know why though.
Old May 6, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
isnt there a bonus on this starting july
Old May 7, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: MP, OW
Ewr to ist

I booked this about a month ago. ORD/EWR/IST RT $726.00.

My question is what happens if they don't get government approval?

Thanks.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:07 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by cat13
I booked this about a month ago. ORD/EWR/IST RT $726.00.

My question is what happens if they don't get government approval?

Thanks.
It will get approved. If it doesn't everybody will be refunded.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
The original terms and conditions of this double miles promotion did not have the fare booking class requirement as noted above. I have an iPhone screen shot of the original T&C if anyone wants it.
LAX2010, I would like the screenshot of the all fare class offer, please.

I think I registered twice for this offer and now worry the new restrictions will prevent application of the offer.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
I'm also unable to select seats in coach. I even called an agent to do this manually and she wasn't able to do it. One of my flights did have R availability, and was able to clear a GPU and select a seat in BF. Don't know why though.
There have been alot (ALOT!) of problems booking seats on UA website. We just flew to SJU and my friends (not frequent fliers) could not select seats. They called and agent told them to book without selecting seats. Premium economy seats (the rows that would contain them if they were premium- spaced, which they were not) were the only seats available, but were grayed out. They had to wait until check-in and then seats were available to grab. Also happened to my friend's mother. You can keep checking, but may have to wait until you check in. I have a similar problem end of this month SIN-ORD through NRT. Same flight number but change of planes in NRT; I can only book non-premium seats on the NRT-SIN leg and UA can't book them either. I'm just watching the premimum economy seats disappear and hope there are some left when I check in.
Old May 7, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by reddirt14
It's not DEQM just reward miles - so no help with status...on an airline we could all careless about...the new bottom of the bucket. I would fret about it.
do you still get the miles if you fly a dom connection to get on this flight
Old May 9, 2012, 10:32 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Per the double miles promotion, AFAIK the fare class is not eligible or upgradeable.

I'm not experienced with UA (million miler in three other legacy carriers instead), so would appreciate some advice.
I was able to get premium first seats last night via an agent. Question - row 21 is limited recline but is the second exit row. More than one agent mentioned the limited recline. I went with row 22 instead, which was $10 more than row 21. Two questions...is the premium economy worth the extra $129 each way (I'm 6'2") and is row 21 with the extra leg room a seat to avoid? To complete my IST stay, I bookended an AXON6 at the Hilton with arrival/departure stays at the IST airport Courtyard, using the Marriott Megabonus Cat 1~4 certs for this Cat 3 property. Mrs. Outoftown and I are looking forward to our first IST visit. Also burned 20K UA miles each for the RDU-EWR connections.

Advice is always appreciated,
-Outoftown
Old May 10, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by outoftown
Two questions...is the premium economy worth the extra $129 each way (I'm 6'2") and is row 21 with the extra leg room a seat to avoid? To complete my IST stay, I bookended an AXON6 at the Hilton with arrival/departure stays at the IST airport Courtyard, using the Marriott Megabonus Cat 1~4 certs for this Cat 3 property. Mrs. Outoftown and I are looking forward to our first IST visit. Also burned 20K UA miles each for the RDU-EWR connections.

Advice is always appreciated,
-Outoftown
For a 9+ hr overnight flight I would not take a limited recline seat. The second exit row usually has more legroom and with a recline it's nice, but if you're springing for E+ (and I am 6'1 so I HIGHLY recommend it) I would take a regular recline seat. I flew EWR-HNL in Y and that was about the limit of a flight I can do in Y, I couldn't imagine not having extra legroom.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:09 am

W fare in Sept on a quick turn for $938 AI. Does anyone now if IST has a transit lounge or do you have to clear immigration?

GPU cleared for the outbound ^
Old May 12, 2012, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
W fare in Sept on a quick turn for $938 AI. Does anyone now if IST has a transit lounge or do you have to clear immigration?

GPU cleared for the outbound ^
Shouldn't have to clear immigration. Just show them your next BP and should be good to go to the lounges.
Old May 18, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
The THY lounge is out of this world. Well it beats Lufthansa Senators for sure.
Rooms to nap if you want, pool table, library, video game room, open serve yourself bars with premium liquor, hot food being made right in front of you and served. Definitely worth a visit.
Old May 18, 2012, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by smarty912
The THY lounge is out of this world. Well it beats Lufthansa Senators for sure.
Rooms to nap if you want, pool table, library, video game room, open serve yourself bars with premium liquor, hot food being made right in front of you and served. Definitely worth a visit.
pigx5 has an awesome photo tour of the place, it looks stunning. I only wish I had more time there to check everything out. At a minimum I'll get a shower and some lunch, especially if my SWU for the return doesn't clear. If I clear I can skip the food and get a quick game of pool in
Old May 18, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
If you are a premium flyer and booking a UA flight that changes equip and continues with the same flight number, you are unable to book seats in the premium cabin for one of the legs. It is a computer glitch. I have been dealing with this for 2 reservations, both on long-haul flights. I have been watching the seats disappear in the premium cabin and have been getting very nervous. I called several times and agents haven't been able to help. Until earlier this week. I found someone who knew there was a "workaround". She put me on hold (45 mins) and came back with seats for me in the premium cabin for my 2 flights. You have to find the right agent. I would try again.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by greendx
Shouldn't have to clear immigration. Just show them your next BP and should be good to go to the lounges.
I did a same day Delta turn mileage run to IST recently. In that case, I could find absolutely no way to get a boarding pass printed for Delta prior to arriving in IST since it was my "destination" not true transit airport. I tried online, I tried at Sky Club, and I even tried at a desk before I had to go through immigration at IST to no avail. I was only able to get my boarding pass by going to the actual Delta desk in IST past immigration.

Moral of the story: You must have your boarding pass for your departing IST flight. If you do, you are golden and I am not as familiar with what you can do on United. If not, no choice but to clear immigration. It was very easy on a Sunday for me and I made a 2 hour turn with no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.