UA: EWR-IST $638 ai round trip (everything included). [W fare $938 ai]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: EWR-IST $638 ai round trip (everything included). [W fare $938 ai]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:33 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jserves
If I book a flight that arrives in IST at 12:20pm and departs 1:55pm in the same day--that's 1 hour and 35 minutes. Would I be able to make this happen? Would I need to go through customs/security and get boarding pass on this time frame?
Yes this is doable without checked luggage. Make sure you check-in online for your return flight before you leave the States.

Having said that, you'd be missing out on a lot if you've never been to IST. I would book a cheap hotel in the old city and spend the day.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
Yes this is doable without checked luggage. Make sure you check-in online for your return flight before you leave the States.

Having said that, you'd be missing out on a lot if you've never been to IST. I would book a cheap hotel in the old city and spend the day.
Thanks! Yes, I've previously been on a short trip and loved it. Now just looking to keep my 1K status.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Finally a double award mile bonus offer; however, it doesn't apply to any of the tickets purchased prior to April 25. Also, I'm flying the first weekend of October. Sigh.

Experience the culture of Turkey and earn double award miles on nonstop flights between New York/Newark and Istanbul. Offer valid for ticketing between April 25, 2012 and September 30, 2012 and for travel between July 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012.

Registration is required before travel. Hurry, register here.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by Duke777
Finally a double award mile bonus offer; however, it doesn't apply to any of the tickets purchased prior to April 25. Also, I'm flying the first weekend of October. Sigh.

Experience the culture of Turkey and earn double award miles on nonstop flights between New York/Newark and Istanbul. Offer valid for ticketing between April 25, 2012 and September 30, 2012 and for travel between July 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012.

Registration is required before travel. Hurry, register here.
Wow, I got really lucky here. I just purchased a ticket yesterday EWR-IST for Sept 28-30 to get me to 1k.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
Which carrier for 2X miles?

Duke,
Looks like you meant to post a link, but didn't. Which carrier is offering the double miles?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by atLAS, aLAS
Duke,
Looks like you meant to post a link, but didn't. Which carrier is offering the double miles?
United
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by gbryan84
Wow, I got really lucky here. I just purchased a ticket yesterday EWR-IST for Sept 28-30 to get me to 1k.
Ah crap. I purchased mine a couple of weeks ago. Sept 28-Oct 1 for me. Big for not counting tickets purchased before April 25th. I am very far from renewing 1K, this would have helped.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by greendx
Ah crap. I purchased mine a couple of weeks ago. Sept 28-Oct 1 for me. Big for not counting tickets purchased before April 25th. I am very far from renewing 1K, this would have helped.
It's not DEQM just reward miles - so no help with status...on an airline we could all careless about...the new bottom of the bucket. I would fret about it.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by reddirt14
It's not DEQM just reward miles - so no help with status...on an airline we could all careless about...the new bottom of the bucket. I would fret about it.
Oops you're right, I don't feel so bad now. However, I value redeemable miles too as I use them mainly to redeem for business class flight on *A partners.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:38 am

Got DCA-IST (via EWR) last night at $601 ai for 5 days in late September, just under the wire for the promotion. At 5.74cpm, not a great mileage run, but it should be a good time for the wife and me. Sadly, will be stuck in E+, but the personal TVs will make the flight go by quickly, I think.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:27 am

Be careful of the booking class restrictions for United's double miles promotion between EWR and IST. According to the rules, it's valid only for "F, A, J, C, D, Y, B, and M booking classes."

It looks like the fares for $600 or so are L.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:48 am

Radcon -- You are right, and I am glad you pointed that out. I was not aware when I booked the L-fare into IST. Not sure I would book in a higher class for the award miles anyway, but anyone who cares about the double miles promotion should be aware. Thanks.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by radcon
Be careful of the booking class restrictions for United's double miles promotion between EWR and IST. According to the rules, it's valid only for "F, A, J, C, D, Y, B, and M booking classes."

It looks like the fares for $600 or so are L.
The original terms and conditions of this double miles promotion did not have the fare booking class requirement as noted above. I have an iPhone screen shot of the original T&C if anyone wants it.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:25 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by lax2010
The original terms and conditions of this double miles promotion did not have the fare booking class requirement as noted above. I have an iPhone screen shot of the original T&C if anyone wants it.
That was the case when I registered. However, I ticketed my flight before the promo went live
Old May 3, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Anyone else having trouble selecting seats? I booked a ticket for three family members last week and unable to select seats. None have status and called UA three times and received three different answers ranging from computer glitches to last night being there might be an equip swap in September. Interestingly enough...R space and all premium cabins are zeroed out...just another glitch perhaps.

Update: Ahhh looks like an equip swap starting end of Aug to the BizFirst 763 bird...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...01jul12-5.html

Last edited by Sterndogg; May 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.