Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
We used PreFlight about the first week they were open and loved them. The online prepaid option worked like a charm and we just had to scan the code on the printout at the entrance. They have several different options for parking, and I think the covered spots cost a bit more than open parking on the roof.

The staff couldn't have been nicer and sort of fell all over us, but this may have been a crack opening team, it will be interesting to see if the service level stays the same.

Pleased based on one experience.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards Blue Sky so I can take advantage of their car wash.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Hmm, PreFlight opened a location in Chicago finally?? I'll have to check them out. I used them all the time when I lived in Atlanta, as theirs was one of the closest facilities to ATL and had a decent loyalty program (500 DL miles each time and free garage upgrades and free days after certain number of days parked).

The service in ATL was quite good. Good drivers and very frequent shuttles. I'm going to try them out.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Walked by a sign tonight, that effective May 1, 2015 (two weeks ago?) off-site airport parking companies will only be accessible at the kiss n fly area by the Lot E ATC station.

No more Shuttle Center Door 1? This might add another 10 min or more to the off-site parking process in each direction. Is this ORD's way to bolster competitiveness of their (overpriced) remote parking lots?
Old May 16, 2015, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
Walked by a sign tonight, that effective May 1, 2015 (two weeks ago?) off-site airport parking companies will only be accessible at the kiss n fly area by the Lot E ATC station.

No more Shuttle Center Door 1? This might add another 10 min or more to the off-site parking process in each direction. Is this ORD's way to bolster competitiveness of their (overpriced) remote parking lots?
http://www.wlsam.com/2015/05/01/chan...-construction/

This article says that it's a temporary situation due to construction that will complete in Fall 2015. Hopefully the article is accurate.
Old May 17, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by legalalien

Right. My first thought too was, why bother with offsite parking? Their advantage over ORD lots E/F just disappeared or got greatly reduced if you are using T1,2,3.

However, service to International Terminal T5 appears to be unaffected by this.
Old May 17, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
I've been using Wally since they opened up last November, and I'm quite pleased with the service. Shuttle buses are frequent, service is great, and rates are also pretty good: $10 outside, $12 inside. At the corner of Mannheim and Lawrence, Wally is the closest remote lot to O'Hare; may be an advantage when traffic is backed up.

On top of everything, free coffee, donuts and snacks are also provided!

On a different note, Preflight and Wally are fairly large lots...and are frequently completely full. I wonder where the customers come from...as O'Hare remote lot is also quite full and other lots don't seem to be affected all that much.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Looks like my usual parking spot is closed, lot F. Seems permanent as I think the new rental car facility is going there? Surprised I couldn't find anything directly saying that.

Anyway, will probably park at Wally now. With the construction going on will they still drop you off at Terminal 5, or is it only the Kiss N Fly lot? Preflight has a notice saying they will drop off at Terminal 5 still, but Wally has no info regarding the construction...

Edit: I sent them an e-mail and they responded that they do pickup and drop off at Terminal 5. Nice response time ^

Last edited by alphaeagle; Jun 3, 2015 at 1:48 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:01 am

Can anyone confirm if Lot F is actually closed? The website says it is, but the website it said it was also closed in April last time I flew out of ORD.. but to my surprise it was actually open.

I fly out of ORD (driving down from MKE) tomorrow and need to decide whether to take the bus or drive. If Lot F is closed it would be cheaper to take the Coach USA bus down.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:15 pm

It was open as of today. However it is due to close before the end of the month for construction of new car rental and parking garage facility.
I have not read anything official yet about closing of Lot F.
There are other off airport options that are similar in price to Lot F rates
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by Snigle
Can anyone confirm if Lot F is actually closed? The website says it is, but the website it said it was also closed in April last time I flew out of ORD.. but to my surprise it was actually open.

I fly out of ORD (driving down from MKE) tomorrow and need to decide whether to take the bus or drive. If Lot F is closed it would be cheaper to take the Coach USA bus down.
I am also MKE-based. Used to park in Lot F and recently switched to Preflight parking. Very happy with the service there and like that it is self-park, not valet. The prepaid price for the upper covered levels is $9 day, same as Lot F.

The Coach USA bus is fine MKE-ORD but it is the return trip I can't stand. Waiting up to an hour (or more, if it's delayed) for the bus in the bus/shuttle center is just awful...and then if you have an evening arrival and delays make you miss the bus, you're stuck.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:20 pm

ORD Parking lot F officially closed on July 15 2015. Cars must be out by Aug 1.
Lot G to offer rates at $10 starting Aug 1.
Cell phone lot to relocate opposite Lot E on Bessie Coleman Drive sometime in August
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA
Going in for (only) Global Entry interview. Is Lot D typically open and available on a Sunday morning? Im presuming this is the correct location as it states Terminal 5. Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Jmill79
Going in for (only) Global Entry interview. Is Lot D typically open and available on a Sunday morning? Im presuming this is the correct location as it states Terminal 5. Thanks
Yes. Yes.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Yes. Yes.
Perfect. Thanks for your time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.