Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:32 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 5,104
Originally Posted by legalalien
So...now that ACE car rental, my preferred remote parking vendor, has moved south of the airport, I need to find a new place to park my car during business trips.

Requirements:
  • Within 5-7 min shuttle drive to the terminals
  • Easy access from southbound Tri-State
  • Frequent 24x7 shuttle (i.e., twice per hour won't cut it)

Having to drive south of Irving Park/Mannheim can add quite a bit of time to my commute, as O'Hare toll gets busy in rush hour, and the actual shuttle time is double of what it took ACE shuttle when they used to be located on Higgins/Mannheim.

Any suggestions?
I was researching valet shuttle parking at O'Hare and found that all the places with aggressive shuttle schedules seemed to be around Irving Park and Mannheim.

There are parking services at hotels north of O'Hare but they all have more restrictive shuttle schedules (once every 20 or 30 minutes).
cheltzel is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:02 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was researching valet shuttle parking at O'Hare and found that all the places with aggressive shuttle schedules seemed to be around Irving Park and Mannheim.

There are parking services at hotels north of O'Hare but they all have more restrictive shuttle schedules (once every 20 or 30 minutes).
That is indeed a bummer. I might have to brave the elements and park at O'Hare Lot E.
legalalien is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:58 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 5,104
Originally Posted by legalalien
That is indeed a bummer. I might have to brave the elements and park at O'Hare Lot E.
At $19/day, Lot E is no deal. This is why I always ending up cabbing to O'Hare. American Taxi is $24 fixed each way. Even with tolls and tip it is less than $30. For a three day trip it is a break even.
cheltzel is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:39 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by cheltzel
At $19/day, Lot E is no deal. This is why I always ending up cabbing to O'Hare. American Taxi is $24 fixed each way. Even with tolls and tip it is less than $30. For a three day trip it is a break even.
I live a bit farther away, so American Taxi works out to about $42 for me...and most of my trips are 1 or two days. Lot E is no deal, of course, but time is money. I do use A - C for day trips, but that gets way too expensive in a hurry. I guess I'll just try a few options over the next few weeks.

No more parking at ACE though. Price is no longer competitive, as there are many options around their new location for far less.
legalalien is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:40 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 5,104
Originally Posted by legalalien
I live a bit farther away, so American Taxi works out to about $42 for me...and most of my trips are 1 or two days. Lot E is no deal, of course, but time is money. I do use A - C for day trips, but that gets way too expensive in a hurry. I guess I'll just try a few options over the next few weeks.

No more parking at ACE though. Price is no longer competitive, as there are many options around their new location for far less.
If you park at F or G with the shuttle bus to the ATS train, you have to allow at least 20 or 30 minutes to get to the terminal.

Maybe one of the cheaper places around Irving & Mannheim would be about the same time. But I don't know how long it takes to get to the terminals from there.
cheltzel is offline  
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:43 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by cheltzel
If you park at F or G with the shuttle bus to the ATS train, you have to allow at least 20 or 30 minutes to get to the terminal.

Maybe one of the cheaper places around Irving & Mannheim would be about the same time. But I don't know how long it takes to get to the terminals from there.
I concur that Lots F&G would not save any time over Irving Park/Mannheim places. Shuttle buses take about 10 min to get to/from there, so about 20-30 min altogether allowing time for paperwork and a few min wait for the next shuttle. Lot E + ATS is probably closer to 15 min, unless it's late at night and/or your spot is a long walk away.

My problem with south-side remote parking places is that it could easily take 10 - 20 min longer to even get there when O'Hare toll is backed up.
legalalien is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:51 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
We need to park out vehicle for a 1 month trip at or around ORD. I found a hotel (four points?) that will do it for $143 for the first 14 days (I have to book a room and they give 14 days free), and then $6 per day after that. They said its covered parking and they have 24/7 security. We are a bit leery of leaving our car for over 1 month at a parking lot and we are interested in hearing what other people have to say about this. Does this seem like a good deal? We wont be staying in the room because we will be staying with relatives in chicago the night before our flight.
jattsingh is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:38 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by jattsingh
We need to park out vehicle for a 1 month trip at or around ORD. I found a hotel (four points?) that will do it for $143 for the first 14 days (I have to book a room and they give 14 days free), and then $6 per day after that. They said its covered parking and they have 24/7 security. We are a bit leery of leaving our car for over 1 month at a parking lot and we are interested in hearing what other people have to say about this. Does this seem like a good deal? We wont be staying in the room because we will be staying with relatives in chicago the night before our flight.
I wouldn't worry too much about leaving a car at a hotel parking lot for a month, especially if it's indoor.

The deal is not bad either - if taxes are included. You can use an off-site parking facility like Blue Sky Parking, too, and not have to deal with rooms and infrequent hotel shuttle. Blue Sky Parking (http://www.ohareblueskyparking.com) is $10 per day for indoor parking (taxes included) and valet service. Check out http://www.airportparkingreservations.com for more options.
legalalien is offline  
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:56 pm
  #159  
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: ORD (MDW stinks)
Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Posts: 23,429
Originally Posted by jattsingh
We wont be staying in the room because we will be staying with relatives in chicago the night before our flight.
I'm curious, why not park at the relatives? or take a train/bus into Chicago & have the relatives drop you at ORD?
Sweet Willie is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:44 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I'm curious, why not park at the relatives? or take a train/bus into Chicago & have the relatives drop you at ORD?
Because we don't want them to use our car while we are gone. Plus when we arrive back we would probably just want to drive directly home since we are arriving in the evening.
jattsingh is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:48 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
Actually I just called the four points and the person I originally spoke with told me that it's not indoor, it's actually outdoor parking. I am going to look around at other indoor options
jattsingh is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:55 am
  #162  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by jattsingh
Actually I just called the four points and the person I originally spoke with told me that it's not indoor, it's actually outdoor parking. I am going to look around at other indoor options
Some hotels in the area used to offer 30-day park-and-fly packages, but most are likely to be outdoor. Renaissance O'hare is a nice property and their parking is in a garage, as is parking for Hilton and Embassy Suites Rosemont. Check if their rates are any good. Otherwise, Blue Sky @ $10/day is always an option.
legalalien is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:49 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by legalalien
Some hotels in the area used to offer 30-day park-and-fly packages, but most are likely to be outdoor. Renaissance O'hare is a nice property and their parking is in a garage, as is parking for Hilton and Embassy Suites Rosemont. Check if their rates are any good. Otherwise, Blue Sky @ $10/day is always an option.
Just checked with them, they don't offer just parking anymore because they are so busy. Any other cheap and reliable options? It doesn't have to be covered.
jattsingh is offline  
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:40 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
just wanted to let everyone know i booked at intercontinental ohare for $270 total for 31 days of travel. this is a indoor garage, so I am pretty happy with the price. Outdoor lots were charging around $240 total for the entire trip, so I think $30 more wasnt bad to make it indoor.
jattsingh is offline  
Old May 9, 2013, 8:46 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 217
I've been using BlueSky parking for the last month. Mid-way through a relo to Chicago and have my car here. My requirement is basically i want covered self park for longer stays that I can't expense.
Have been quite happy with them, they always assume valet, but are fine with me self-parking. One slightly concerning item was I running late for an ord-lhr flight two weeks ago and drove into their warehouse around 530. Not a staff member in site, waited a few minutes, called out, honked my horn..... nothing. Decided I needed to book it and just park at the airport - as I was at the light the bluesky van was just coming back from an airport run. Assuming people where on break, but for those who valet not sure how interested I'd be in having my keys in an empty office with the car 100 ft away!
sdemw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.