Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdemw
I've been using BlueSky parking... One slightly concerning item was I running late for an ord-lhr flight two weeks ago and drove into their warehouse around 530. Not a staff member in site, waited a few minutes, called out, honked my horn..... nothing. Decided I needed to book it and just park at the airport - as I was at the light the bluesky van was just coming back from an airport run.
That seems to me to be a serious deficiency.

I use Avistar (theparkingspot.com). Always several folks on duty, even at 4:30 am. Fast, generally immediate lift to airport. Just had my vehicle there last week for 8 days, $6.70 a day plus tax with their online coupon. That was outdoor, but indoor for a couple bucks more. Plus a frequent stay program.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
That seems to me to be a serious deficiency.

I use Avistar (theparkingspot.com). Always several folks on duty, even at 4:30 am. Fast, generally immediate lift to airport. Just had my vehicle there last week for 8 days, $6.70 a day plus tax with their online coupon. That was outdoor, but indoor for a couple bucks more. Plus a frequent stay program.
No doubt a serious deficiency!
Thanks for the info on Avistar - will check them out next time.
Sdemw
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:56 pm

Indoor parking at the Intercontinental O'Hare

http://www.stripeparking.com/interco...-purchase.html

Seems the cheapest option right now
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Trying to decide between avistar and blue sky, which seem to be the 2 most popular options. How frequently do the shuttles run to and from the airport? Looks like Avistar you call and they'll come get you. What about Blue Sky? I'm finding Avistar a little cheaper right now, and more convenient than the hotel options.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Trying to decide between avistar and blue sky, which seem to be the 2 most popular options. How frequently do the shuttles run to and from the airport? Looks like Avistar you call and they'll come get you. What about Blue Sky? I'm finding Avistar a little cheaper right now, and more convenient than the hotel options.
They both have shuttles running more or less constantly, but the number of buses in circulation varies with time of day. You need to call so that they know how many people to expect at the shuttle center and/or T5, and also to prepare your car for you, but if you show up at the shuttle center without calling and the bus there to pick up somebody else, they'll take you, too.

When traffic around O'Hare is heavy you can expect longer waits. I've seen everything from the bus already waiting to 15-20 min delays. Can't say that one is consistently better than the other.

FWIW, Blue Sky is a little closer to the airport, and I also believe that AviStar services one of the hotels along the way (Quality Inn?) so the trip may take longer.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I have used Avistar a bunch of times and have been quite satisfied. Never had to wait more than a very few minutes to depart for the airport. Upon return, car is always pulled up front by the exit. Check their website for coupons.

Best in my experience to call for pickup at ORD 10 minutes or so before you think you'll get to the loading spot.

Avistar shuttle stops at the Quality Inn right across the street from its lot. Only takes about a minute or two extra.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CoolTourist
Indoor parking at the Intercontinental O'Hare

http://www.stripeparking.com/interco...-purchase.html

Seems the cheapest option right now
I have parked there many times. It works pretty well but sometimes the wait for a shuttle can be 15 to 20 minutes (the last time we traveled, they mentioned they had reduced the frequency of the shuttles). Once we begged them to go a little early because the shuttle was full and we were about to miss a flight, which led the driver to wait a few minutes past the designated interval just for good measure. So it is a good option only if you leave a very large time buffer. Otherwise, no complaints.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Now that I'm back to flying more from O'Hare, I have gone back and forth with Avistar, Thrifty, and Lot F. Each have their strengths and weaknesses for me.

- Avistar: If the weather is going to be iffy and I want to park inside
- Thrifty: If I'm getting back after 10pm - I usually don't feel like schlepping to the bus/shuttle center at that time, and am willing to pay the extra $$
- Lot F: If I'm coming from the Loop for a 6pm flight and don't want to deal with the traffic on Mannheim both days.

I want to try Blue Sky one of these times, but the reviews on TripAdvisor aren't particularly stellar.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:48 am

Let me throw this in here so you can all get an early heads up.

Effective July 14, 2014 the ATS will shut down from T5 to remote lot E for 90 days or so. All lots will be open during this phase.

There will be shuttle buses running from Lot F and E. As of now, each bus will make a stop at each terminal..T1, T2, T3, T5 in that order and then running back out to the remote Lot. 9 busses during peak and 6 during off peak.

The ATS will still be running between terminals.

Also starting up will be the Balmoral Bridge expansion, this will connect Rosemont via Balmoral and will offer another option entering/exiting the airport near T5.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by ords
Let me throw this in here so you can all get an early heads up.

Effective July 14, 2014 the ATS will shut down from T5 to remote lot E for 90 days or so. All lots will be open during this phase.
Thanks for the update. Is Mannheim still under construction north of 190? If so, that bus trip may take forever during peak times.

Do we get a break on parking fees at remote lots for the inconvenience? I didn't think so.
Old May 15, 2014, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
Thanks for the update. Is Mannheim still under construction north of 190? If so, that bus trip may take forever during peak times.

Do we get a break on parking fees at remote lots for the inconvenience? I didn't think so.
Yes, construction is still taking place but the busses will take Bessie Coleman in from the lots. There's also a project planned to replace all the lamp poles on Bessie and coming into the main terminal area on 190. This work will be done at night.

Fee reduction? what's that....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Recent experience with parking at/near Ohare

I'm traveling for a couple days next weekend and I'm looking for indoor parking. Has anyone had recent experience with parking at/near Ohare? I'm thinking about Blue Sky. I know there is still construction going on in the area.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Travel4Points
I'm traveling for a couple days next weekend and I'm looking for indoor parking. Has anyone had recent experience with parking at/near Ohare? I'm thinking about Blue Sky. I know there is still construction going on in the area.
Blue Sky is still Ok. There is a couple of new options in that area: 1st Choice (http://www.1stchoiceohareairportparking.com) that's very similar to Blue Sky, but is a block closer to O'Hare and cheaper, and Preflight (https://www.preflightairportparking.com/), where you park yourself in their garage and take a shuttle. I haven't tried the latter, but heard that shuttles run very often.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by legalalien
Blue Sky is still Ok. There is a couple of new options in that area: 1st Choice (http://www.1stchoiceohareairportparking.com) that's very similar to Blue Sky, but is a block closer to O'Hare and cheaper, and Preflight (https://www.preflightairportparking.com/), where you park yourself in their garage and take a shuttle. I haven't tried the latter, but heard that shuttles run very often.
Thanks for the info. Which of the parking options do you prefer?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Travel4Points
Thanks for the info. Which of the parking options do you prefer?
Garage.

I've been using BlueSky, and it's been working well. However, I'll give Preflight a try next time I have a longer trip to see if their shuttles run more often than BlueSky's, since I consider shuttle frequency one of the most important features.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.