Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Some mixed reviews so far on Tripadvisor. Of this rate the GM needs to do something asap. Seems to be a mixed mess. Having a stay in Singapore planned but the high amount of dollars for mixed reviews is not worth it.

Last edited by joakgarp; Jan 28, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:01 pm

The hotel is attached to Suntec Convention Center, so conventions/groups are where most of their business is going to come from. Plus, the hotel was already built before they slapped they JW branding on which is why their rooms may seem so small for what some consider to be a "luxury" brand. I imagine service standards will lean towards catering to big groups and not individualization. And I don't see them keeping their Jo Malone amenities for much longer considering how expensive they are and how much they'll be going through as huge groups go in/out of that property. And expect public areas to be a nightmare - including Club - when they've got groups in house and a convention next door.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Was there for two nights last week. Overall, good>very good. Agree with several of the other comments about the size of the rooms and the executive lounge - which is excellent. Was in a Premier room. Bed was very much to my liking - nice and firm. The (automated) toilet with its regular cleaning is a bit of a gimmick, though the heated seat is a nice feature. Remember to "turn off" the automatic features on the toilet otherwise every time you step in the bathroom (where the vanity and bathtub are), the toilet detects your movement and springs into life which can be a bit annoying.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:26 am
pmv

Just finished a GREAT 5 night stay

Super staff, great room, awesome lounge (pouring TATTINGER champagne!). In fact can't say enough great things about the lounge staff! And, despite the hotel being full (and me NOT being a high roller in the top suite!) it seemed that just about all of the staff knew my name!

ONLY quibble ... and it's MINOR .... is that the evening food in the lounge basically never changed..... would have been a nice touch (and very noticeable after preceding nights at the JWs in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur).

JW South Beach my new go to hotel in Singapore!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just finished up a quick one night stay here. Absolutely beautiful property, clearly brand new and very high tech. Pool views are and the 18th floor lounge area are stunning.
Executive lounge offerings for evening cocktails & breakfast were both excellent.

The room itself has some questionable design decisions. Not sure how I feel about having a remote control bidet and the blinds didn't appear to lift up at all beyond opening the shades. Overall a fairly tiny room. Would definitely stay again.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
1 week stay in a very nice hotel; great lounge too. Rooms are on the small side and the bathroom is a bit funky, but everything is new, clean and functional. No upgrade per se, but room with a view on the 20th floor ... no complaints. Lounge had Taittinger as others mentioned already and I sure took my more than fair share of this offering Can't last I'd say ... too expensive. The wines they had were also nice and overall a 5* property for sure.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:42 am
Suspended

Whatever you described sounds like a horrible scene. But how do you know that group will be the major guests at this property? A hotel close to convention center doesn’t always mean it is a convention atmosphere property.

For example, Grand Hyatt Taipei which built in 1990,attached to Taipei 101 and all the major conference center, I have been there many times and this hotel has always been a top notch on in Taipei for a long time. I never see group people check into the lobby and make it a mass place.

To be honestly , normally I hate hotel catering to large group convention people instead of leisure and business individuals with taste and money. Since a hotel’s major customer =group usually means a lower tier image and a lower average rate. Room tends to be small and nothing special, no individual service at all. A lot Marriott or Hilton is those kind, but for JW I would not expect such scene since their slogan"The JW Marriott, created by the Marriott international as a luxury brand, is designed to target mainly on customers who are seeking for a quiet and luxurious atmosphere during their accommodation, mostly are the individualistic, sophisticated, and self-defined travelers"

South Beach hotel’s design is more like a W rather than business-convention, chic and feminine, room is a bit smaller but bathroom is nice. I thought the hotel will attract to female and leisure guests instead of group customers.

I personally try to avoid those group guests or convention people whenever I stay at a hotel, they cause chaos and noisy in the public area. Normally four Season or MO doesn’t attracts to group people, they would rather try to attract tasteful individuals to make their hotel atmosphere a very top notch one. No wonder they are always on the top market.

Originally Posted by purplestraw
The hotel is attached to Suntec Convention Center, so conventions/groups are where most of their business is going to come from. Plus, the hotel was already built before they slapped they JW branding on which is why their rooms may seem so small for what some consider to be a "luxury" brand. I imagine service standards will lean towards catering to big groups and not individualization. And I don't see them keeping their Jo Malone amenities for much longer considering how expensive they are and how much they'll be going through as huge groups go in/out of that property. And expect public areas to be a nightmare - including Club - when they've got groups in house and a convention next door.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
I personally try to avoid those group guests or convention people whenever I stay at a hotel, they cause chaos and noisy in the public area. Normally four Season or MO doesn’t attracts to group people, they would rather try to attract tasteful individuals to make their hotel atmosphere a very top notch one. No wonder they are always on the top market.
I'm sure the FS/MO will love to have you. Since you seem to dislike JW/it doesn't meet your standards, I'm a bit perplexed as to why you continue to stay at them.

BTW - FT has a Luxury Hotels & Travel Forum. You might prefer that forum instead.

Cheers.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:28 am
wmz

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Posting from the executive lounge on a 1-night stay. Got excellent recognition as only a Gold member (matched from SPG Lifetime Gold), and got upgraded to a large corner suite with 12PM check-in.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wmz
Posting from the executive lounge on a 1-night stay. Got excellent recognition as only a Gold member (matched from SPG Lifetime Gold), and got upgraded to a large corner suite with 12PM check-in.
Which room did you book in the first place?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:37 am
wmz

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by gummibar
Which room did you book in the first place?
Points redemption, "Deluxe Room, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)"

I believe this is the standard room.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm off to Singapore with kids ...

I don't see any reports in this thread about what upgrades they give Plat's or Platinum Premiers on paid stays. Since there will be three of us, this is more important than normal.

Also, while we are there, the rates for the Marriott and the JW are basically the same. I don't see a comparison of the two properties. Any recommendations? We're playing tourist and fairly adventurous.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH GLD, MR PLT
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I'm off to Singapore with kids ...

I don't see any reports in this thread about what upgrades they give Plat's or Platinum Premiers on paid stays. Since there will be three of us, this is more important than normal.

Also, while we are there, the rates for the Marriott and the JW are basically the same. I don't see a comparison of the two properties. Any recommendations? We're playing tourist and fairly adventurous.
Also debating between the JW and the Marriott. Rates are similar. Either location is fine. Just there to eat and relax. Any updates or recommendations for Plats?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by WantToTravelMore
Also debating between the JW and the Marriott. Rates are similar. Either location is fine. Just there to eat and relax. Any updates or recommendations for Plats?
Wish there was more of a comparison from someone who had actually stayed at both but the reviews for the Marriott on here are pretty bad. Then again, so are the reviews for the StR on the Starwood thread. There seems to be a theme ....
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
April 2017

I took the following series of photos this past week.

I've been in SIN 6 times in the past year and watched as they completed construction. I had no idea how stunning it was until I was inside the other day.

Marriott and the designers clearly thought about a lot of things including small details.

My photo posts are divided by category and also because it's easier for me to add comments.

When in SIN, I choose to stay near Marina Bay. I've done the Fairmont and Westin. Near the JW are The Conrad, Pan Pacific, Raffles, Fairmont, Stamford and so on, and of course the Marina Bay Sands.

For those of you like me who like to use the subway, the hotel complex is the South Beach Station on the Esplanade line.

PHOTOS - PART 1

Lobby and SMRT Station

Attached Images     

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.