Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
My main issue was the inability to hold a connection with my phone
I complained about this both upon discovery of the problem and at check-out. Disappointed there has been no follow-up. It's a dealbreaker for me; I need stable wifi to stay in touch with the office/clients.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I complained about this both upon discovery of the problem and at check-out. Disappointed there has been no follow-up. It's a dealbreaker for me; I need stable wifi to stay in touch with the office/clients.
It must be quite floor or room specific, I had zero problems with WiFi a couple of weeks ago.

Highly annoying when it does not work. Good WiFi is a key metric for a hotel.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It must be quite floor or room specific, I had zero problems with WiFi a couple of weeks ago.

Highly annoying when it does not work. Good WiFi is a key metric for a hotel.
My stays were on floors 20 and 21.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
My stays were on floors 20 and 21.
I was on 4.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:42 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
So, just randomly checking the rates and noticed that the lowest available rate (non prepaid) seems to be this.

Ladies Package - Exclusively for women - Club Access
Club Deluxe, Breakfast, Executive lounge access, Guest room
- Buffet breakfast for 2 at Beach Road Kitchen
- Sunset cocktail for 2 at Flow18
- Exclusive in-room amenities for ladies (neck warmer, facial
steamer etc)

I get that hotels can set rates exclusively for audience in particular memberships or corporations, but this is a first time I see solely based on gender. Given the room allows 2 adults, does this mean that the room will only accept female traveler(s)? What would happen if a male traveler books and checks in?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by jix
When I was there last month, flow 18 didn't offer any mixed drinks ... the bartender was surprisingly emphatic about that
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jix
So, just randomly checking the rates and noticed that the lowest available rate (non prepaid) seems to be this.

Ladies Package - Exclusively for women - Club Access
Club Deluxe, Breakfast, Executive lounge access, Guest room
- Buffet breakfast for 2 at Beach Road Kitchen
- Exclusive in-room amenities for ladies (neck warmer, facial
steamer etc)

I get that hotels can set rates exclusively for audience in particular memberships or corporations, but this is a first time I see solely based on gender. Given the room allows 2 adults, does this mean that the room will only accept female traveler(s)? What would happen if a male traveler books and checks in?
In some countries that would fall under gender discrimination and be illegal. Imagine the general outrage if a male only rate was published. I don't really care either way,but certain noise could come from this.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by jix
On Marriott.com? Yeah it's an Asian thing. I've seen this rate couple of times but in Japan. Think it was Mitsui Ginza who ran the offer. It's a weird and awkward offer.
Never tried to book it myself. Would love to see male book the rate and check in. Get denied. Go out to buy a dress, dress up and try to check in again as a woman.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
In some countries that would fall under gender discrimination and be illegal. Imagine the general outrage if a male only rate was published. I don't really care either way,but certain noise could come from this.
Think that's the key point there (bolding mine). I've read recently in some other articles online that there are different women-only promos in Asia (dif chains; not just MAR).

On a different note, if one wants to guarantee a suite, the JW has this promo going:

Suite Surprise, 100 SGD hotel credit per night, 3000 Bonus Points per stay

Additional Information
Suite Surprise
Rate includes
- Room accommodation
- Hotel credit of SGD100nett per night, non accumulative
- 3000 bonus Marriott Rewards points per stay
Applicable for use across hotel managed facilities (Food and
Beverage and Spa)
Folio credit will be applied to Guest folio at time of checkout
not transferable, not redeemable for cash, void after checkout
and cannot be applied toward future stays.
This offer may not be combined with other select promotions,
offers and discounts

Cheers.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:17 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
I think it's more the wording. I doubt they will deny male travelers from booking this rate, it's not like the room is situation in a female only floor (only capsule hotels and hostels do this), it's more just a package targeted for women.

W Taipei does the same but the package is labeled "Girls Night Out" and they don't use words like exclusive or only.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - if someone is staying at the property (paid) for 7 days or more, there's a Long Term Rate:

Long Term Stay rate, breakfast daily, see Rate details

Additional Information
Long Stay Rate includes
- Exclusive discount
- Breakfast for 1 or 2 adults at Beach Road Kitchen
- 20percent discount on Laundry
- 20percent discount on Food and Beverage
- Complimentary in-room Internet Access
- Complimentary Parking per room per night
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Suite Surprise, 100 SGD hotel credit per night, 3000 Bonus Points per stay
If you book this, don't spend the money in the spa, and expect to have to follow up with MR to get your 3000 bonus points.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:50 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I just booked a 4 night stay for August and took advantage of their "Stay 4, Pay 3" rate. However, when booked, the rate summary still shows the total for all 4 nights so I'm a bit confused....

I checked all the fine prints and did not see anywhere saying "lowest rate will be deducted at check-out" (I had that at the Sheraton in Beijing for example when booking a "buy 4 pay 3" rate.

Any idea?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I just booked a 4 night stay for August and took advantage of their "Stay 4, Pay 3" rate. However, when booked, the rate summary still shows the total for all 4 nights so I'm a bit confused....

I checked all the fine prints and did not see anywhere saying "lowest rate will be deducted at check-out" (I had that at the Sheraton in Beijing for example when booking a "buy 4 pay 3" rate.

Any idea?
Marriott will spread the average cost across the stay.

Example:
If the regular rate is 400 SGD per night, a 4 night stay would cost 1,600 SGD.
The S4P3 rate would then show 4 nights at 300 SGD which would equal 1,200 SGD for the whole stay. This reflects a 400 SGD savings compared to the regular rate which equates to one free night (at the regular rate).

Therefore, the total price you see when you book is what you will be required to pay. There will be no reductions/deductsion/rebates at check-out.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - if someone is staying at the property (paid) for 7 days or more, there's a Long Term Rate:

Long Term Stay rate, breakfast daily, see Rate details

Additional Information
Long Stay Rate includes
- Exclusive discount
- Breakfast for 1 or 2 adults at Beach Road Kitchen
- 20percent discount on Laundry
- 20percent discount on Food and Beverage
- Complimentary in-room Internet Access
- Complimentary Parking per room per night
I did a week at this hotel last year just before it became part of J.W. Marriott. My only complaint back then was the food spread every day was the same, which might not be enjoyable if you ate there every day.

Also, the rooftop pool, which is unheated, gets zero sunshine because it's covered. Supposedly, even before it became the J.W., a newer pool that actually got sunshine was planned but not yet built. It doesn't appear to have been built.

When I was there the hotel was dead. Like I swear I was the only guest. It was never effectively marketed as an independent, upscale, boutique hotel. I'm sure the occupancy rates have increased as I've seen it heavily promoted across numerous Marriott channels and in various Marriott publications. The staff, as with most Asian hotels, were excellent. They were almost exclusively in their 20s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.