Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:23 pm

I’m really not sure, but I thought I had received something about referring as well as referring for credit cards. Best bet is to call MR customer care and get a knowledgeable, helpful rep and ask them.
You never know unless you ask. I’d like to know what happens. Good luck.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Also, be sure your Marriott and SPG accounts are linked ASAP.
Only because the posting person was planning to stay at MR and SPG properties in sequence or is there some real benefit to linking MR and SPG accounts?

David
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Only because the posting person was planning to stay at MR and SPG properties in sequence or is there some real benefit to linking MR and SPG accounts?

David
Ability to transfer points between each program. 1 Starpoint = 3 MR points.
Status matched between both programs.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
It can be difficult, but it's not impossible. We (Pinhead family) expect to earn 4 certs from a single four-night stay. We're booking two rooms, total, and have it jiggered so that each family member is registered for two one-night stays:

Room 1
1st night: ZtP (me)
2nd night: Mrs. Zippy
3rd night: ZtP (me)
4th night: Mrs. Zippy

Room 2
1st night: #1 child
2nd night: #2 child
3rd night: #1 child
4th night: #2 child

We'll book somewhere for a weekend, two rooms, and burn all 4 certs at once.
Yes, not impossible.
I’m one of those that love the free night megabonus. I’ve found great use for them whether taking grandkids for a sleepover at a local hotel, airport hotels for early AM flights, long weekends, etc. I’ve managed to use to add an extra night to a 5 day TP in Costa Rica. Using ours combined with the visa CC for a stay at the Gaylord in Washington DC. Rates are $350. Much better deal than the 2,000 points like the last mega.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
HI all,
Is it confirmed (100%) that stays between part 1 and part 2 of the promo will count towards part 2, whatever offer that may be?

I'm in KL this week doing one night in SPG, one night Marriott (to get my two nights for the cert) and then one night SPG. I'm already earning 1K extra for the SPG stays.

Next week I'm in China and the week after I'm in Thailand. I'm considering swapping between SPG and Marriott during these trips to maximize my stays and get the 10K Marriott points. Or, I may just hotel hop across SPG in these two cities each night to maximize my 1K extra points (because at the end of the day each 1K in SPG is worth 3K in Marriott).

Thanks,
RM
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I have 6 of 7 stays needed for the 10,000 point bonus. Can I book my last stay with the cat 1-5 free night cert I earned in the first stage of this promo?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
HI all,
Is it confirmed (100%) that stays between part 1 and part 2 of the promo will count towards part 2, whatever offer that may be?

I'm in KL this week doing one night in SPG, one night Marriott (to get my two nights for the cert) and then one night SPG. I'm already earning 1K extra for the SPG stays.

Next week I'm in China and the week after I'm in Thailand. I'm considering swapping between SPG and Marriott during these trips to maximize my stays and get the 10K Marriott points. Or, I may just hotel hop across SPG in these two cities each night to maximize my 1K extra points (because at the end of the day each 1K in SPG is worth 3K in Marriott).

Thanks,
RM
Perhaps I'm misreading your post but......I'm relatively certain that you have to stay at Marriott properties to qualify for this bonus. If your intention is to rotate between SPG and Marriott for the Megabonus promotion, the SPG stays will not count.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by getagb
I have 6 of 7 stays needed for the 10,000 point bonus. Can I book my last stay with the cat 1-5 free night cert I earned in the first stage of this promo?
I believe only a paid stay would count?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
This is correct.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Yes, only paid stays count. I'm using my certificate as part of a 2-night stay at a TPS. So my paid night will count for the bonus, and I didn't want to have to move from one hotel to another in the middle of Thanksgiving Day.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getagb
No, only paid stays count toward the promo.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I'm using my certificate as part of a 2-night stay at a TPS. So my paid night will count for the bonus, and I didn't want to have to move from one hotel to another in the middle of Thanksgiving Day.
Hopefully, yes, but it can depend on if / how the hotel combines the two reservations. If it codes the whole reservation as if it were an award stay (or in some other way), then you might not earn the bonus. There are many tales of woe on things like this because a random person at the hotel happened to combine the two nights "incorrectly".

Also, this promo say you have to have a paid stay, not a paid night (there's no mention of nights, is there?), and it's not clear that a stay that's half-paid, half-award, is a paid stay. (Most previous promo cycles used nights, not stays, so what worked in previous promo cycles is not guaranteed to work in this promo cycle.)

However, you should know by next week if it worked or not, and so in case it doesn't work, you'll still have time to "make it up" before the promotion ends in mid-January.

Or, if you don't want to risk it, but don't want to move either, make it an all-paid stay, and save the cert for something else later.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Perhaps I'm misreading your post but......I'm relatively certain that you have to stay at Marriott properties to qualify for this bonus. If your intention is to rotate between SPG and Marriott for the Megabonus promotion, the SPG stays will not count.
Hi. You didn't misread my post. I just didn't give all the necessary data. But regardless, no one has answered my question yet.

I already have one Marriott stay so I just need the second one to get the free night. My question remains...do stays after the second stay but before you get the second offer count towards the second offer or not?

Thanks,
RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Nov 23, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stays, not nights, count.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I got my free night banked after two one-night stays at Courtyard HK and Marriott Guangzhou. Probably use it at the other Courtyard at Sha Tin in HK one weekend when the rate is unnaturally high. I now have 10k bonus points if I complete an additional 5 nights and 1k bonus points per stay thereafter. I won't be staying at any more Marriott hotels during this period. But out of interest, is this bonus scheme typical for MR? It's significantly less lucrative than the SPG bonus scheme going on at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.