Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:15 am

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
One of my needed stays took place at the AC Rio de Janeiro with a December 27 check out, but credit has still not posted. Anyone experience this long a lag time with credit posting? I have requested credit and submitted the bill, but no response. Seems an awfully long wait at this point, but maybe it's normal with properties abroad?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by kiowavt
One of my needed stays took place at the AC Rio de Janeiro with a December 27 check out, but credit has still not posted. Anyone experience this long a lag time with credit posting? I have requested credit and submitted the bill, but no response. Seems an awfully long wait at this point, but maybe it's normal with properties abroad?
I would call the PT line and have them sort it out... anytime I have done this with stays that didn't post, they have it resolved within 24 hours.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Would a stay on Sunday, January 14th for one night, checking out Monday, January 15th qualify for this promotion?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by touringuy
Would a stay on Sunday, January 14th for one night, checking out Monday, January 15th qualify for this promotion?
Yes.

I believe that checking in on the 15th and out on the 16th would count as it is based on the check-in date.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
earned the free night cert and 11k points. Not terrible, not great either.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
earned the free night cert and 11k points. Not terrible, not great either.
Definitely the toughest MB I have ever done. The only way I capitalized on this one was by inconvenience (checking in and out every night and into a neighbor property)...

I can't see how this is a winner for MR, as all the check-in and out activity must be more labor intensive from every aspect for the company (IT, check-in counters, room service, etc. etc.)

On to the spring bonus, which is a bit better as they are giving 2000 points per stay instead of 1000... I should be able to max it, but again at some moderate inconvenience.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
27 nights over 10 stays = 1 free night certificate + 12k points. Pretty meh, but I'm not going to move around from night to night. I've usually got a group to supervise and 5-15 rooms, so checking in and out is way too big a PITA.

The next promotion is is a bit better because my stays all include weekends, but it's still disappointing for folks like me whose stays are all longer than a single night.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by lexdevil
27 nights over 10 stays = 1 free night certificate + 12k points. Pretty meh, but I'm not going to move around from night to night. I've usually got a group to supervise and 5-15 rooms, so checking in and out is way too big a PITA.

The next promotion is is a bit better because my stays all include weekends, but it's still disappointing for folks like me whose stays are all longer than a single night.
I ended up earning 16K, plus the certificate, which I did use. 16K represented 4.4% of my total earnings during the period.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny
I ended up earning 16K, plus the certificate, which I did use. 16K represented 4.4% of my total earnings during the period.
I wish I could stay in the hotels you stay in

My total bonus points was more like 20-25% of my total points during that period!... though where I stay, it's typically FI and CY only.
txpenny likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I wish I could stay in the hotels you stay in

My total bonus points was more like 20-25% of my total points during that period!... though where I stay, it's typically FI and CY only.
I've followed your posts. You maximize bonuses well.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
My cert expires in May. Is it possible to use it for a stay in July if I make the rez before the expiration date? If yes, what happens if I later want to change that rez?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:50 am

1.Call MR to extend. They should extend it for a year.
2. If hotel is going to go up a category, make sure you make a reservation before that March deadline.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
1.Call MR to extend. They should extend it for a year.
2. If hotel is going to go up a category, make sure you make a reservation before that March deadline.
Okay, thanks. I'd seen somewhere that it's hit or miss with asking for extension. But I'll call.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Okay, thanks. I'd seen somewhere that it's hit or miss with asking for extension. But I'll call.
It's mostly hit on extending a 6-month cert (such as a cert from MegaBonus) to a full year.

It's mostly miss on extending a cert that's already a full year (such as a cert from a Chase card, or a 6-month cert that was already extended once).

You need to look at the details and not just the headline.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's mostly hit on extending a 6-month cert (such as a cert from MegaBonus) to a full year.

It's mostly miss on extending a cert that's already a full year (such as a cert from a Chase card, or a 6-month cert that was already extended once).

You need to look at the details and not just the headline.
also a hit.... 2 times for me... extending travel package certificates beyond 1 year by upgrading them. Resets the clock on them.
synergistic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.