Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
how do you actually redeem a cat 1-5 certificate? do you have to call marriott reservations to use it of can you book online or via the app with it? thanks
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by tmiw
My next offer is 2,000 bonus points for my next stay. I registered, but it still seems underwhelming. At least it doesn't require a bunch of stays to trigger it?
Is this the third "level" that you've unlocked? Meaning, you've already received your cert (first level) and your 10,000 points for an additional five nights (second level)?

If so, how much time elapsed between the time you completed the second level and the third level became available?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
how do you actually redeem a cat 1-5 certificate? do you have to call marriott reservations to use it of can you book online or via the app with it? thanks
I'm relatively certain it can be done online. From what I've read, when making the reservation you'll have the option of using the cert during the payment process.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Is this the third "level" that you've unlocked? Meaning, you've already received your cert (first level) and your 10,000 points for an additional five nights (second level)?

If so, how much time elapsed between the time you completed the second level and the third level became available?
The 2,000 for one stay is my second level offer, not my third. It took a day or so after the cert posted (and I also apparently received an email from them this time about the second level offer, unlike some others in this thread).
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
T

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'm relatively certain it can be done online. From what I've read, when making the reservation you'll have the option of using the cert during the payment process.
thanks for the reply. I see points, AAA, corporate rate but no certificate choice
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Make a booking as if with points. Prior to finalizing the reservation the system will note if you have an applicable cert available. If so, it will ask if you want to attach that cert or deduct points.

Done this many times online although I don't recall if possible via app.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
The 2,000 for one stay is my second level offer, not my third. It took a day or so after the cert posted (and I also apparently received an email from them this time about the second level offer, unlike some others in this thread).
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I think yours is the first second level offer I've seen that isn't 10,000 points for 5 stays. (Or maybe I did and forgot.)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Segments
Make a booking as if with points. Prior to finalizing the reservation the system will note if you have an applicable cert available. If so, it will ask if you want to attach that cert or deduct points.

Done this many times online although I don't recall if possible via app.
thanks
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Online redemption of certificates has been very inconsistent for me. I have three in my account now, and only one shows when doing a test booking. Of course it isn’t the one with the earliest expiration date.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:34 am

Can not sign up for this promo-Help

My husband is Marriott Gold, there are no promotion offer in his account under My promotions.
When we tried to sign him up for this promo, all was fine till he logged in, then this promo does not give him an option to sign up.
Any suggestions on what to do? Call the Marriott Representative?
Thank you.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boleslav
My husband is Marriott Gold, there are no promotion offer in his account under My promotions.
When we tried to sign him up for this promo, all was fine till he logged in, then this promo does not give him an option to sign up.
Thank you.
Yes, call.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, call.
And make sure they retroactively credit stays that you have made between completing the first part and now.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:57 pm

Thank you, will call them.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by Boleslav
Thank you.
It will only trigger the promotion if your Marriott account is hotel points only. If it's set to airline miles, you will not see the offer (until you change your earn style on your profile).

Jiburi
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
My account is set to Ritz. So I have all sorts of problem accessing the promotion page. I just sent them a message on Twitter and they were able to register for me without problem. I had a lot of back-to-back stays since I was traveling to different cities, so I was worried about those stays not count toward the second promo, but in the end, the stay-5-get-10k promo was retroactive to my first stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.