Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by SP03
My account is set to Ritz. So I have all sorts of problem accessing the promotion page. I just sent them a message on Twitter and they were able to register for me without problem. I had a lot of back-to-back stays since I was traveling to different cities, so I was worried about those stays not count toward the second promo, but in the end, the stay-5-get-10k promo was retroactive to my first stay.
As I told another poster... make sure you call in and have them retroactively credit you since the registration issues are on their side. I have never had a bad dealing with something like this in my years as a MR member.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jjmoore
As I told another poster... make sure you call in and have them retroactively credit you since the registration issues are on their side. I have never had a bad dealing with something like this in my years as a MR member.
Does anyone have a way to access the promo page if the account is set to Ritz? There's no link to the Promo Central when logging in to My Account. I've always had to google Marriott promo to access that page. There must be a more elegant way
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
When you complete step 2, how long does it take until step 3 appears We have 7 stays in one account and thus have completed phase 1 and 2. Platinum with 70 nights this year.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
When you complete step 2, how long does it take until step 3 appears We have 7 stays in one account and thus have completed phase 1 and 2. Platinum with 70 nights this year.
What Step 3?

If you mean the second part of Step 2 (1k for each additional stay after that), I'm not sure if there'll be a tracker for that. There hasn't always been a tracker for second parts of promos.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What Step 3?

If you mean the second part of Step 2 (1k for each additional stay after that), I'm not sure if there'll be a tracker for that. There hasn't always been a tracker for second parts of promos.
I think I was under the impression that once step 2 was completed a new step would unlock. If it doesn't, I guess I'm good with this promo and will move along to something else.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For me Step 1 was two stays for the cert. Step 2 appeared with 10K for 5 more stays, and then 1K per stay thereafter, which I suppose could be considered Part 3.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I guess I'm in Part 3, because my 1K's have been showing up. Of course, my 1K is showing up over at SPG, which is really 3K.

Wish I knew exactly how my nights it would take to stay Plat Premier ....I have almost 100 nights at Marriott (not including rollover) plus 25 from the credit card, and 26 nights at SPG. I'd rather just do the rest of the year at SPG properties because of the poor quality of this bonus.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:14 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Does 2 rooms count as 2 separate stays for this promo? I know marriott doesn't have a stay concept in elite qualification but just wondering if it's possible to do 2 rooms so as to not hop hotels.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:53 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
Wiki say certificate is 6 months valid.

Does it mean I have 6 months to make a booking (and the stay ist after the 6 months) or do I have to stay within the 6 months?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by jix
Does 2 rooms count as 2 separate stays for this promo? I know marriott doesn't have a stay concept in elite qualification but just wondering if it's possible to do 2 rooms so as to not hop hotels.
If you mean two rooms on the same night, then no.
If you mean a different room in the same hotel over two consecutive nights, then no.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by CL9
Wiki say certificate is 6 months valid.

Does it mean I have 6 months to make a booking (and the stay ist after the 6 months) or do I have to stay within the 6 months?
stay
CL9 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I think yours is the first second level offer I've seen that isn't 10,000 points for 5 stays. (Or maybe I did and forgot.)
I also got the 2K bonus points for my next stay as the next part of the promo.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:03 pm

3 nights same hotel

Hi will I get my mega bonus free night from 3 consecutive nights in the same hotel:

Night 1- paid stay
Night 2-points
Night 3- paid stay
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by bobby21
Hi will I get my mega bonus free night from 3 consecutive nights in the same hotel:

Night 1- paid stay
Night 2-points
Night 3- paid stay
Not sure... if you take night 2 on points to a different hotel.... then yes. The night on points will not earn you bonus, fyi.

I'm on my 20th stay (hopping between two different hotels) at the moment... making the best of the promo. Got another 20 or so before the end of it on Jan 15.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bobby21

Night 1- paid stay
Night 2-points
Night 3- paid stay
Doubt it, but you can book the middle night under someone else name. So

Night 1 - you
Night 2 - travel companion
Night 3 - you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.