Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nall
How long after the second stay will my subsequent offer show up, and do I actually have to "re-register"? We're close to the deadline now.
Less than 48 hours for me. Yes, you do have to click on something to opt in.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Valid point. Certificates are not as flexible as points, in either redemption choice (above cat5 property) or expiration.

My only point was that from a pure "value" standpoint, a cat5 cert (value of up to 25,000 points) is a far more generous reward after 2 stays when compared to 10,000 points after 5 stays.
More than that.

Certs expire, points don't.
Certs can't be used above cat 5.
Certs can be used below cat 5, but that's diminished point value. Find a cat 2 hotel, and it's only worth 10K there.
And certs don't count towards lifetime status totals. I've got enough nights for lifetime Gold, with Platinum in sight, but I'm still several hundred thousand points away from even lifetime Silver.

Given a choice between a cat 5 cert and 10K points, I'd think long and hard. But I'll only have 2 stays, so the cert is better than nothing.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Completed my second stay November 12, did not get the follow up bonus offer until 10 days later, in the meantime I had a 7 night stay. According to the rules, registration is required before credit for a stay is given. My question - am I out of luck on getting credit for this stay, since I registered after my stay statted ...
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by danola
Completed my second stay November 12, did not get the follow up bonus offer until 10 days later, in the meantime I had a 7 night stay. According to the rules, registration is required before credit for a stay is given. My question - am I out of luck on getting credit for this stay, since I registered after my stay statted ...
No, it should credit.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
We are using the SPG AmEx to pay for our Marriott stays. The Chase Marriott Visa generates 5x for Marriott stays, but the SPG AmEx generates 2x SPG points = 6x Marriott Rewards points for Marriott stays.
Usually I use the SPG amex for same reason, but I need the $3000 spend on my chase Marriott as I need that extra night credit on my account.

And Gaylord in Washington DC is a 5 right now. It might have been one of the very few that decreased instead of increased when they updated categories.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Less than 48 hours for me. Yes, you do have to click on something to opt in.
Its been more than 48 hours for me since my last stay. Still nothing in email for 2nd offer.. OH BTW - how does one actually redeem this? Just call into MR?

What exactly do you mean by 'have to click on something to opt in" ?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Its been more than 48 hours for me since my last stay. Still nothing in email for 2nd offer.. OH BTW - how does one actually redeem this? Just call into MR?

What exactly do you mean by 'have to click on something to opt in" ?
Has it been 48 hours since your last stay posted in your MR account?

Many people don't receive emails - I didn't either. Check the promotions page in your Marriott account. When you receive the "unlock" for the second offer, you "click" on a button on the website (on the same promotions page) and it takes you to another page that outlines your second tier offer and officially moves you into the next tier, IIRC.

How does one actually redeem what? The free night cert? If that's what you're asking, you can use it when booking a reservation online or you can use it by calling in to make a reservation.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Is club Marriott certificate rate an eligible rate?

I have an 50% off on best available rate cert from club Marriott (India) that I can use on my upcoming stay next week.

​​​​Anyone know if that stay will qualify for the promotion?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Except for the expiration issue. 25000 points will never expire (if you have periodic earning/redemption), but this MegaBonus cert expires 6 months after issued, and that's even way more limited than the 12 month expiration that the Chase credit cards give.

Do we know yet whether the 6 month MegaBonus certs will be able to be extended out to 12 months? A lot of people do most of their travels during the summer, and these 6-month certs are only good in the fall/winter (if you got your 2 stays in early in this MegaBonus cycle).

So to me it's not as good as 25000 points, because I have to "use it up" in a situation where I probably wouldn't use 25000 points (I'd instead keep them and use them more the 6 months after this cert was issued).
I was able to extend my recently earned Megabonus cert this week. I only needed it extended about a week, as I wanted to use it in April for the DO in Lexington. They actually extended it out to December of 2018. ^

Don't know if being Plat Premiere helped, but was very happy to have it extended...
bgriz18 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I have an 50% off on best available rate cert from club Marriott (India) that I can use on my upcoming stay next week.

​​​​Anyone know if that stay will qualify for the promotion?
bumping hoping for help.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
bumping hoping for help.
It should count. If this is just a coupon that gives you a discount on the room rate, I don't see why it would prohibit the stay from counting in Megabonus.

**Note: This is just my opinion. No personal experience with Club Marriott certs.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:53 am

Smile

Originally Posted by goodeats21
It should count. If this is just a coupon that gives you a discount on the room rate, I don't see why it would prohibit the stay from counting in Megabonus.

**Note: This is just my opinion. No personal experience with Club Marriott certs.
Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:59 pm

Check what are the terms on the certificate.
IMO unless stated differently, they should count.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:33 pm

How to change the follow up bonus offer?

We had 2 stays in Mid November, got the free night certificate, but the follow up promo showed up weeks later.
We did not sign up for that yet as it is 10 000 point after 5 stays. It is highly unlikely we will make the 5 stays. But from reading the posts of others, some people got different offers like4000 after 2 stays or 2000 points for the next stay etc.
Is there a way to sign up to this offer, perhaps by calling the customer service or are we just out of luck and stuck with the bonus after 5 stays?
Thank you.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Check what are the terms on the certificate.
IMO unless stated differently, they should count.
Thanks

The certificate terms said nothing about it but we found that using certificate was charging is more than the weekend package rate. At JWM Marriott Bangalore, the weekend package rate was 10,000 including breakfast and the certificate rate was 8750 INR excluding breakfast. Although we get free breakfast at platinum, we found this rate as deceptive especially when certificate says 50% off beat available rate & it gets applied on Rack rate.

We asked club Marriott to cancel the membership and refund the fee.

​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.