Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by getagb
If due to my travel patterns, I will be unable to redeem the Cat 1-5 cert, is there any way to extract some value from the first phase of this promo?

Appears to be:
  • impossible to buy up with points to a higher category
  • impossible to convert to any amount of points
  • against T&C to use as a gift for someone else
I’m still doing the promo hoping I’ll like the unlocked later offers, but I think my cert will expire unused.
Check in with a homeless person.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by txpenny
Check in with a homeless person.
How did that work for you when you've done that?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by JackE
How did that work for you when you've done that?
It's on my bucket list.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
I'd be willing to offer a night to a homeless person but not willing to be on the hook in case of damages to the hotel property.
Brendan and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by milgom
I'd be willing to offer a night to a homeless person but not willing to be on the hook in case of damages to the hotel property.
That is still not in the spirit of "non-transferable" - if you're going to give it to someone you don't even know who MAY damage the property, why not give it to a friend/relative? Simple answer...unless you are also staying there, you can't.

My only wish is that they all had one-year expirations - I know they "may" extend it, but they also may not.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Hi guys,

Im new to marriott, coming from spg side.

I tried to register for this promo. It kept showing error.

What should i do?

Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:42 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Hi guys,

Im new to marriott, coming from spg side.

I tried to register for this promo. It kept showing error.

What should i do?

Thanks
if you don't wanna call them, message them on Facebook or Twitter. I did on FB and it was done manually in less than 48H.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by enelym1978
if you don't wanna call them, message them on Facebook or Twitter. I did on FB and it was done manually in less than 48H.
I sent them a query, the answer I got, fhey asked me to login to my acvount and aee my offers, which is nothing
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Marriott15
What is the point of Marriott hiding what the promotion is after the first two stays? That makes no sense to me.

For people waiting to see what everyone else will get when they unlock the next step may be different. I talked to someone at Marriott Rewards and they said based upon your account, stays, and points.....each person may get a different promotion then another! The women said there will be 3-4 different options.

This promotion seems like it is better than the Starwood promotion but we will see! IHG doesn't seem like you can earn a lot after 10 stays. Ya you may be able to stay for less points with IHG at major destination places but the hotels in my opinion are not as nice!
I suspect that the reason for the "unlock" feature of these promos is that MR wants to experiement with targeting the unlocked offers to your account patterns at the beginning of the promo. In principle, someone who unlocks their offer with long stays at an expensive property could be given a different offer, etc. Part of the purpose is to collect more big data.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lingua101
I sent them a query, the answer I got, fhey asked me to login to my acvount and aee my offers, which is nothing
Calling (voice) does work best, even if it's not the only option.

If you can't get success through the above-mentioned online alternates, you might try calling Marriott using Skype or whatever, even if you're at the other end of the world from Marriott's home country.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:57 am

Does checkout on Sep 12 count as first eligible stay?
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by svasandani
Does checkout on Sep 12 count as first eligible stay?
I doubt it, but you should know anyway within a few days if the online tracker works like the one for summer MegaBonus did. That one required two stays to get the first bonus also (even though it was a different bonus), and it showed a tracker as to whether you'd done 0, 1, or 2 qualifying stays toward the first phase of the promo.

So check that tracker a day or more after your stay posts to marriott.com. If it shows 1, it counted, if still shows 0, it didn't count.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I stayed for 1 night at on the night of 9/11 - checking out 9/12
Should that count? Don't see any update or "tracker" on the MB page.
Also stayed different property on night of 9/12 out 9/13.

Friend of mine says he thinks you need the "stay" to be more than 1 night... anyone know this for sure? Was reading T/Cs but seems if this is so then they are being sneaky about this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
I stayed for 1 night at on the night of 9/11 - checking out 9/12
Should that count? Don't see any update or "tracker" on the MB page.
Also stayed different property on night of 9/12 out 9/13.

Friend of mine says he thinks you need the "stay" to be more than 1 night... anyone know this for sure? Was reading T/Cs but seems if this is so then they are being sneaky about this.
We discussed a few pages ago about how Marriott's clarification of two separately booked consecutive nights only counts as a single stay has caused this bit of confusion for a few people. Regardless of this (slight) ambiguity, a single night still counts as a stay, not to worry.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by synergistic
We discussed a few pages ago about how Marriott's clarification of two separately booked consecutive nights only counts as a single stay has caused this bit of confusion for a few people. Regardless of this (slight) ambiguity, a single night still counts as a stay, not to worry.
Thanks for clearing that up. Was definitely confusing me as I read the T/Cs

Now to see if my 9/12 checkout (booked direct on Marriott.com) and the 9/13 stays will give me the free but hard to use Cat 1-5 cert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.