Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm new to Marriott, but this Cat 5 ceiling is not very generous it seems!
It all depends on your travel patterns. This promotion fits me quite well.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fmcfad01
I'm a SPG person that's new to marriott after the merger.

This promo says: stay 2x, get 1 night free.

SPG uses the words 'Nights' and 'Stays'.

A Night is literally what it sounds like...how many nights you sleep at a hotel.

A Stay can be one or more nights. For example, a 1 day reservation, or a 1 week reservation are considered a stay.

This marriott language confuses me. It says a stay is consecutive nights spent at a hotel. That sounds like a 2+ night SPG 'stay'.

My question is, do you get the free night after you stay at a marriott for 2 consecutive nights, or do you have to have two, two-night reservations for a total of 4 nights?

Stay twice and get a free night at SPG would mean complete two separate reservations and get a free night.

It sounds like this one might mean, stay once for two nights and get a free night.
A stay has the same definition in every hotel program I've ever seen. (It's just that some hotel programs, like Marriott Rewards, don't state it completely.) That definition is:

A stay is any number (1+) of consecutive nights at the same hotel, no matter how many times you check in or check out.

If a hotel ever requires a minimum of 2 nights for a stay, they always spell it out. (There was such a case with some Choice Privileges promotions a few years ago, though Choice later stopped having that requirement, and in any case it only ever applied to some "cheaper" brands.)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Marriott sure makes it hard to register. It is not listed as a new promotion that is available for registration in my account, and when I go find the registration webpage through the big news release the company posted yesterday, I get

"We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
•You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
•You are not eligible for this promotion
•This promotion has expired"

I guess I'll wait some more to see if they ever get the kinks worked out. My first stay is not for 10+ days.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:52 am

Hey guys, I registered for this promotion today. A month or two ago I booked a stay in Vegas for mid September, and a stay in Toronto end of September.

Will those 2 stays qualify me to receive the award from Marriott? Or does it have to be bookings made AFTER registration. I am thinking it should count, but maybe someone here has experience with this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by prince.ali
Hey guys, I registered for this promotion today. A month or two ago I booked a stay in Vegas for mid September, and a stay in Toronto end of September.

Will those 2 stays qualify me to receive the award from Marriott? Or does it have to be bookings made AFTER registration. I am thinking it should count, but maybe someone here has experience with this.
They will count if your stays are between 9.12.17 and 1.15.18. It matters not when you booked the trip, as long as you booked direct with Marriott.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
They will count if your stays are between 9.12.17 and 1.15.18. It matters not when you booked the trip, as long as you booked direct with Marriott.
Amazing, thank you for confirming! This is great news, since I always book direct, and this time happen to fall within the promotion window (my stays are between Sep 20 and Sep 30), I pretty much just got a free night for doing nothing!

I will report back in October what other deal I will have "unlocked".
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Marriott sure makes it hard to register. It is not listed as a new promotion that is available for registration in my account, and when I go find the registration webpage through the big news release the company posted yesterday, I get

"We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
•You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
•You are not eligible for this promotion
•This promotion has expired"

I guess I'll wait some more to see if they ever get the kinks worked out. My first stay is not for 10+ days.
I got that error for the last MegaBonus. I waited and tried several times, but it never got fixed. I had to call to register. This time, I had no problems.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
This program start 9/12. If my stay starts on 9/11 but goes past 9/12 will I receive credit? Thanks,
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Duke5150
This program start 9/12. If my stay starts on 9/11 but goes past 9/12 will I receive credit? Thanks,
If you booked directly with Marriott, yes.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards Platinum
As others have said, while the cat 5 cert isn't great, hopefully what's unlocked is points for stays or nights. I heavily took advantage of the summer Mega Bonus and didn''t stay in the same hotel two nights in a row........ One week I got stuck on the road for 5 nights!!!

This promo aligns well with my upcoming travel - I have a 3 night trip starting next week where I need to check out on 9/12 and check in at a different Marriott later that day anyway. I should be able to report back on what's unlocked for me by the weekend (9/15 ish)

I also already have 23 nights over 9 stays booked through the third week in October.....I'm really hoping for a repeat of some version of the summer Mega Bonus to be unlocked!!!!
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
this works out for me as I have a stay starting on 9/12. I had to call in to get registered. The website is having issues today.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Whataboutj
As others have said, while the cat 5 cert isn't great, hopefully what's unlocked is points for stays or nights. I heavily took advantage of the summer Mega Bonus and didn''t stay in the same hotel two nights in a row........ One week I got stuck on the road for 5 nights!!!

This promo aligns well with my upcoming travel - I have a 3 night trip starting next week where I need to check out on 9/12 and check in at a different Marriott later that day anyway. I should be able to report back on what's unlocked for me by the weekend (9/15 ish)

I also already have 23 nights over 9 stays booked through the third week in October.....I'm really hoping for a repeat of some version of the summer Mega Bonus to be unlocked!!!!
Was hoping for some folks with very early stays to show up - keep us posted! Your stay patterns are much heavier than mine, but I'm Plat and I've always been allowed to change my offer if I liked someone else's better =p
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:42 pm

I think the upgrade to the website has broken some functionality. I was not able to register for the bonus and changing my Favorite list also kept telling me "Unable to Sign In" even it was showing that I was signed in.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:02 pm

If my husband and I have a 4 consecutive night stay at 1 marriott, can we stagger the reservation so we each have 2 stays?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by sheri723
If my husband and I have a 4 consecutive night stay at 1 marriott, can we stagger the reservation so we each have 2 stays?
Yes. Otherwise, if it's four consecutive nights under one person's account, it will count as 1 stay.
So if you have
Day 1--Your husband's MR acct
Day 2--Your MR acct
Day 3--Your Husband
Day 4--Your MR acct

Then you each will get two night's stay credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.