Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
So this brings me to my next question. Does Marriott or SPG do a status match for Hilton Honors? Basically our goal is to go from 100% Hilton to 100% Marriott from this point on, forever.
But we want to see if we can get Platinum for this year & it be up to us to keep it in 2019 and beyond.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:08 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyou10
So this brings me to my next question. Does Marriott or SPG do a status match for Hilton Honors? Basically our goal is to go from 100% Hilton to 100% Marriott from this point on, forever.
But we want to see if we can get Platinum for this year & it be up to us to keep it in 2019 and beyond.
I have no idea, but I introduced two coworkers to Marriott earlier in the year. They both got an email stating if they did 4 more stays they would get gold for a year, which they easily did. One of them is going to make plat for next year.

I'd call them up and ask what they can do for you.

I wanted to add that I have ALWAYS gotten a late checkout when I have asked.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Marriott is well-known for offering status challenges, not outright matches. Call them up and see. And FWIW, I think you'll be very pleased moving from Hilton to Marriott (depending on what it was that made you want to switch in the first place).
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So this brings me to my next question. Does Marriott or SPG do a status match for Hilton Honors?
SPG offers a challenge to Plat. 18 nights in 90 days (see the thread on the SPG forum). You don't get status during the challenge period. Once obtained, your SPG status will transfer across to Marriott. Marriott does not have a formal match or challenge that fits your circumstances. They may or may not offer you a match or challenge if you call and explain your situation.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
What about Marriott? Do you get status during the challenge?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What about Marriott? Do you get status during the challenge?
No.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:44 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
AC Hotel Tucson, AZ. Asked for late checkout and was told 1pm. I said that wasn't late enough, my meeting is until 1pm at earliest and need time to get back and checkout. Said 2pm, but they had high occupancy that night so couldn't go longer. I said they had rooms available on the website of all types/rates and that I wanted the platinum guaranteed 4pm. FDC said they didn't have to honor it due to occupancy but I could have 3pm. I was tired of arguing and accepted that, but it's amazing that hotels still don't understand the benefit after 18 months. I almost felt like getting 4pm and just sitting in the lobby near the front desk from 3-4 and then checking out.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
got it a the Marriott Union Square SFO during JPM! They offered 4 p.m. without even asking ... very impressed. worked for me nicely.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I was offered a 3pm checkout at the Prince sakura tower tokyo last week.

regards

tbs
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Was just denied the 4pm checkout at Courtyard Palm Springs. They insisted that it is based on availability. I spoke to a Manager(as much because I am frustrated about having to argue for what is supposedly a guaranteed benefit) and he just explained that it was difficult to offer a 4pm checkout because they are busy and that it is only based on availaiblity.He eventually said 3pm and insisted that they had been told they could offer it based on availability by Marriott.

I called Marriott Rewards after as much just to clarify this once and for all. The Marriott rep put me on hold for more than 15mins and then came back and said it was not guaranteed. I quoted to her the Marriott webpage: "Guaranteed late checkout offers Gold and Platinum Elite members the benefit of late checkout as late as 4pm. This benefit is guaranteed at all participating Marriott Rewards hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability." When i read this out to her, she put me on another 3min hold and then came back and said it was in fact guaranteed. Clear as mud. Even the agents don't understand the benefit.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Was just denied the 4pm checkout at Courtyard Palm Springs. They insisted that it is based on availability. I spoke to a Manager(as much because I am frustrated about having to argue for what is supposedly a guaranteed benefit) and he just explained that it was difficult to offer a 4pm checkout because they are busy and that it is only based on availaiblity.He eventually said 3pm and insisted that they had been told they could offer it based on availability by Marriott.

I called Marriott Rewards after as much just to clarify this once and for all. The Marriott rep put me on hold for more than 15mins and then came back and said it was not guaranteed. I quoted to her the Marriott webpage: "Guaranteed late checkout offers Gold and Platinum Elite members the benefit of late checkout as late as 4pm. This benefit is guaranteed at all participating Marriott Rewards hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability." When i read this out to her, she put me on another 3min hold and then came back and said it was in fact guaranteed. Clear as mud. Even the agents don't understand the benefit.
SMH
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
The problem, like with so many Marriott elite benefits, is in the squishy language (that some here feel is intentional, as opposed to just sloppy). "Late checkout as late as 4pm" could mean it's guaranteed for whatever time the elite guest wants as late as 4pm. It could also mean one minute past the normal check-out time, generously granted by the hotel as a late check-out.
joshua362 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
The problem, like with so many Marriott elite benefits, is in the squishy language (that some here feel is intentional, as opposed to just sloppy). "Late checkout as late as 4pm" could mean it's guaranteed for whatever time the elite guest wants as late as 4pm. It could also mean one minute past the normal check-out time, generously granted by the hotel as a late check-out.
The language is ambiguous. OTOH, I've had enough properties volunteer that I'm entitled to a 4 pm late check-out (including at a resort and a convention property where they don't even have to offer it), that I do suspect that's what been communicated by corporate, and that these outliers are in fact not complying with the policy.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
The language is ambiguous. OTOH, I've had enough properties volunteer that I'm entitled to a 4 pm late check-out (including at a resort and a convention property where they don't even have to offer it), that I do suspect that's what been communicated by corporate, and that these outliers are in fact not complying with the policy.
Agreed. The language is somewhat ambiguous and could be arguea both ways. "Guaranteed late checkout as late as 4pm except at resort and convention hotels where it is based in availability " That said, 90% of Marriotts give me the 4pm checkout without a moments hesitation. And this hotel did not say " yes the late checkout is guaranteed but the 4pm late checkout is not". They just insisted that any kind of late checkout is subject to availability and I would have to check in the morning. My tripadvisor review will not be generous.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I called Marriott Rewards after as much just to clarify this once and for all. The Marriott rep put me on hold for more than 15mins and then came back and said it was not guaranteed. I quoted to her the Marriott webpage:
Call "Mr. Marriott" at 800-621-0999 and talk to them. That is the boss' office

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.