Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MarTN
Rewards Gold, SpringHill Suites Navarre Beach, Florida, first week of December 2017. -- Had to argue for several minutes using a variety of tactics to get 4pm checkout at a virtually empty hotel. Clerk said only "resorts" allowed checkout past 1pm and they weren't "one of them." Finally told him our flight didn't depart until 7:30 and could he tell me why they couldn't do 4pm in an empty hotel. He acquiesced, took both our keys and went in the office for a long time. Handed them back without a word.

Nice new hotel. Maintenance guy had mentioned there were only 22 guests. Front desk clerk"s behavior was so odd.
Key word is new. New hotels are always bad at understanding this benefit.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Denied:

Laylow(Autograph Collection) Waikiki, Hawaii - Asked for late checkout, was given 12pm. Said I would like to avail of the 4pm checkout for gold members, Was told this did not apply because they are a resort(have been told several times since elsewhere on flyertalk that this hotel is not a resort). Asked for 2pm at least and this was quickly granted. I should have pushed it further but I didn't know then whether they were lying about being a resort(turns out they were). New to Marriott chain..

Springhill Suites, Issaquah, Wa - Asked for 4pm late checkout and was fed excuses like "we only give the 4pm checkout to Platinum members"(I am Gold). Eventually they gave me 3pm. Asked someone else later and they immediately changed it to 4pm. Noted this issue in tripadvisor review and hotel said staff would be retrained. New hotel..

Granted:

Delta Hotel Downtown Toronto - 4pm checkout granted without any problem (great hotel)

Residence Inn, Arcadia/Pasadena, CA - 4pm checkout granted without any problem

Fairfield Inn Portland North, OR - 4pm checkout granted without issue

Springhill Suites Bellingham, WA - 4pm checkout granted without problem
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:34 am

Dreaming

Originally Posted by Srisarin
That’s alot of dreaming unfortunately without any expection of fruituon

Maybe dreams do come true hahaha
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Convention property. Not required to grant late checkout.
Nope. Not a convention property or a resort. There are 18 resort properties in California and no convention properties according to Marriott's website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...center.resort/

It's near the Moscone Convention Center, but that does not mean that the SF MM is a convention property.

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Dec 29, 2017 at 8:26 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Nope. Not a convention property or a resort. There are 18 resort properties in California and no convention properties according to Marriott's website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...center.resort/

It's near the Moscone Convention Center, but that does not mean that the SF MM is a convention property.
If you go to Find a Convention Hotel | Marriott?s Convention Hotels & Resorts you will see listed under California:

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 29, 2017 at 8:58 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Key word is new. New hotels are always bad at understanding this benefit.
I bet they understand it just fine being its their business to understand the T&C's of the undertaking they are embarking upon. We are able to understand it as a casual interest as a traveler and or hobby.

It's the how long can we play dumb while trying to gauge to what extent and spirit they will comply with the benefits promised by the Corporation but have to be paid for and delivered by the Franchisee. Given the weasley unclear language of most benefits, lots of brand and hotel type carve outs and a looking around at their peers inconsistency, no wonder why its a game.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
JW Marriott Bangalore, offered 4pm protectively by front desk. I needed 2 pm only. No problem
​​​​​
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:23 am

Marriott Bangalore Whitefield. I asked for 2 PM. Front desk replied, you are entitled to 4 pm.
1 night stay on 12/15
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Dude, try reading and linking to the proper page before you post this nonsense.

If you go to Find a Convention Hotel Marriott?s Convention Hotels & Resorts you will see listed under California:

I stand corrected.

Marriott's website strikes again...
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I would love to see Marriott offer even later checkout for Platinum Elite Members. Gold still gets 4pm but maybe a 7pm or 8pm based on availability! I just don't think that is feasible with most maid employees gone by then! But most likely they won't be selling that room anyway that night if someone doesn't check out to 7pm or 8pm.
I have often gotten a 6 pm checkout. but you hav to ask that morning and it is only if they have extra rooms
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I would love to see Marriott offer even later checkout for Platinum Elite Members. Gold still gets 4pm but maybe a 7pm or 8pm based on availability! I just don't think that is feasible with most maid employees gone by then! But most likely they won't be selling that room anyway that night if someone doesn't check out to 7pm or 8pm.
I would love that dream too.

However, don’t forget what the poor Diamonds over at Hilton are going through, where I have beg and beg to get a 1pm. I even ask for 4pm and they almost laugh at me.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
I bet they understand it just fine being its their business to understand the T&C's of the undertaking they are embarking upon. We are able to understand it as a casual interest as a traveler and or hobby.

It's the how long can we play dumb while trying to gauge to what extent and spirit they will comply with the benefits promised by the Corporation but have to be paid for and delivered by the Franchisee. Given the weasley unclear language of most benefits, lots of brand and hotel type carve outs and a looking around at their peers inconsistency, no wonder why its a game.
100% agree, I find SPG hotels (where they had the 4pm benefit much longer) are always fine with the 4pm checkout. It seems some Marriott hotels feel as though the 4pm checkout is too generous and that they should try and weasel out of it as much as they can and hope the guest will just accept it. It is only negative tripadvisor reviews and complaints that will get them to act correctly. I suspect after a while they realise that denying this guaranteed benefit causes more problems than it solves.
Srisarin likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:26 pm

My experience has been that most full service properties readily provide 4 pm checkout. I have never heard any problem with JWM, Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph collection etc but at the residence inns, is very difficult to get a late check-out.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:05 am

Check out!

Originally Posted by BeatCal
I have often gotten a 6 pm checkout. but you hav to ask that morning and it is only if they have extra rooms
Is 6pm the latest you ever asked for? Has anyone ever asked and got granted a checkout later than 6pm maybe do to a late flight?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:22 am

As a gold and now plat, I've never had a problem getting 4pm checkout. Only once was I given pushback but they ultimately agreed.

front desk: "What time do you plan to depart on Sunday?"
me: "Let's say 4pm"
front desk: "checkout is at 12pm but I can give you late checkout until 1pm"
me: "No no I want 4pm"
* talks to colleague in mandarin *
front desk: "Maybe 2pm? 2:30pm?"
me: "Really? just give me 4pm"
* walks to the back and comes back *
front desk: "OK I will set the key for 4pm no problem"

I've also learned many hotels will happily give a key featuring lounge access after you check out if you want to prepare for a late flight by hanging out in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.