Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Just checked in at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna, confirmed 4pm late check out for tomorrow without any issue, as a Gold.
That sounds nice. Is it an old historic building?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
That sounds nice. Is it an old historic building?
It seems so, like a small fortress...very nice!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Recent late checkout experiences, 2018:

New York Marriott Downtown -- 2 pm, requested and confirmed in app
JW Marriott Washington DC -- 3 pm, requested and confirmed in app
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Stayed at The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo and they proactively offered me a 4 pm at check-in. I declined.

My co-worker, non-status, got really upset that they wanted to charge her $20 per hour after the normal 12-noon checkout. Then, they gave her a 1:30 checkout, but she still wanted 4 pm for free because "the person in front of me got it."

I hid behind the couch in embarrassment and then when she walked out, I mocked her.

BTW, the hotel was awesome and is my new go-to in Tokyo.

Mike
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
JW Marriott LA Live. Asked for and received 2 pm, no problem (even though this is a convention property). Staff are very good here, though I otherwise dislike this property intensely.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by Kacee
JW Marriott LA Live. Asked for and received 2 pm, no problem (even though this is a convention property). Staff are very good here, though I otherwise dislike this property intensely.
Also here recently. Asked for and was given 4pm, no issues. Agree that staff was very good. But I am not sure why it is a JW. It wasn’t IMO much nicer than a solid FS Marriott.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
CY Philadelphia Downtown. Asked if I need late checkout during check-in. Ask for and received 2PM without a problem.

--Jon
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LPCJr
But I am not sure why it is a JW. It wasn’t IMO much nicer than a solid FS Marriott.
So they can charge $400+ per night?
Agree, the hard product is no better than FS. Lounge is better than most domestic.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (no longer branded with CasaMagna in front of it), asked at check-in unrequested if I would like a late checkout and what time. 4pm? Yes, we can do that.

^^^ again this year
Old May 7, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Fairfield Inn near Worlds of Fun, Kansas City

clerk did not inquire about late check out during check in. Mr. MarTN forgot to bring it up since we had requested during mobile app check in ( we are gold)

i decided to double check the evening before departure.

The front desk said it did not receive any information from our mobile app check in. She said she could see that there was a message on our account but she couldn't read it or open it. She gave us a lot of hassle before agreeing to a 1pm check out, but said this would cause a problem for them because they were expecting a lot of arrivals and housekeeping usually left before 1:00.

Edited to add: when we returned from our morning event around 12:30pm, the key did not work. Resolved with trip to front desk

Last edited by MarTN; May 8, 2018 at 11:32 am Reason: add detail about key card
Old May 8, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
Currently Platinum
I have done late check out 4 times this year, have gotten to 4:00 every time, but I have had to ask every time.
Hotels were:
Courtyard Nashville Downtown
Residence Inn Sacramento Natomas
Renaissance Curacao
Marriott Gateway LAX

3 of the 4 times I did mobile checkin but the desk clerk didn't see it or know how to find it.
2 of those times the key was miscoded and expired at noon.

I ask for 4:00 as a general rule, so far nobody has said no in the last 2 years (probably used it 4 or 5 times last year)
Old May 8, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Marriott Marque Times Square Escalated it on because they pissed me off when they said oh sorry only if you do it on the app. They finally gave me a 2pm.

Westin in Cape Coral Fl no prob with 4 pm at all.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Although based on this thread it seems that many hotels are accurately providing this benefit, is it fair to say that with the new program, some if not all of the ambiguity has been removed since Gold’s 2PM checkout says “based on availability” whereas Platinum’s 4PM does not?

Also, the current https://members.marriott.com/benefits/ chart does not include the “as late as” phrase which IMO was what caused much of the ambiguity previously.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:04 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Was upgraded on award stay at Ritz-Carlton Kyoto to amazing Kamogawa Suite and originally told way before arrival that late checkout not possible due to upgrade—which seemed fair. Still, I asked for and got 2 pm late checkout anyway on departure day. Was even told I could have 4 pm if necessary. Very impressive. Departed May 18.

Plat elite. (I’m SPG Plat100 with Ambassador, will be Plat Premier with Ambassador after new August program.)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
AC Hotel Venezia this past Saturday, finally got a late checkout after an Alfphonse and Gaston replay.

The Renassainse Tuscany earlier in the week, was Only able to get 1:00. I have in easily because of the amazing suite upgrade I was given.

Rome park marriott was simple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.