Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:55 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...5-16-16-a.html

Paging Sharon!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
If Marriott really wanted the 4PM checkout as a true guarantee then place it under the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee like all of their other guarantees along with financial impact for non compliance as only then would it be a “real” guarantee.

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's pointless. It's very clear from the dedicated thread on this topic that properties can do what they wish and corporate won't intervene.

It's a "guaranteed" benefit that cannot be enforced.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Yes it seems the overall consensus is that it "should" be up to the guest, which would mean 4:00 is "guaranteed," but as evidenced by this thread there are definitely a lot of properties that will not or at least are reluctant to give 4:00.

I agree that in order for that to change there needs to be some sort of penalty for the hotel. I know it was discussed earlier in this thread, but if that is put into place I really wouldn't mind if maybe you had to choose between the late checkout and the upgrade (and when I mean upgrade I mean a REAL upgrade, not the room that's 5 square feet larger or the room on the CL floor when the CL is closed).
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by rasheed
Stayed at a RC recently as a MR Plat, I was able to do 2pm, not 4pm. 2 hours past normal check-out is the guaranteed benefit at RCs according to the elite benefits for MR.

Rasheed
What other benefits were you given as a MR PLT other than 2pm late check-out?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
What other benefits were you given as a MR PLT other than 2pm late check-out?
Pretty much the same as a full-service Marriott except for breakfast and lounge access. Late checkouts can be tough since most RCs are resorts and exempt from the late checkout guarantee. Usually a 1 category upgrade, suites are rare. I go to Orlando RC Grande Lakes 4-5 times per year and it is by far my best success rate. However, I believe it's directly related to how much I've stayed there over the years.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun- Proactively offered at check-in. I requested 3 pm and was immediately granted without further questions.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've never been refused 4:00. There have been a few where it wasn't specifically available during online check-in, in favor of "late checkout requested" instead.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
A voice from the wilderness: For those of you who request 4 pm checkouts please only do it when you really need it, especially at smaller hotels when they are very busy. I'm finding that this late checkout policy is affecting my ability to get into a room at normal check-in time. I've been told at 3 pm that I have to wait until the 4 pm checkouts are gone and they have time to clean the room.

I'm actually beginning to appreciate the fact that Hilton doesn't have a guaranteed late checkout, making it easier for me to get into my room on time. Funny how things work out.

Thanks for listening.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
A voice from the wilderness: For those of you who request 4 pm checkouts please only do it when you really need it, especially at smaller hotels when they are very busy. I'm finding that this late checkout policy is affecting my ability to get into a room at normal check-in time. I've been told at 3 pm that I have to wait until the 4 pm checkouts are gone and they have time to clean the room.

I'm actually beginning to appreciate the fact that Hilton doesn't have a guaranteed late checkout, making it easier for me to get into my room on time. Funny how things work out.

Thanks for listening.
If I'm in a situation where late check out is no longer needed, I will call the front desk the day before and tell them that I no longer need late check out. But that's just me.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I sometimes ask for 4:00 but am out before then.

Ran into the opposite problem at a Hilton where 2:00 is considered a favor: arrived at 4:00 to find that they were nowhere near ready.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
If I'm in a situation where late check out is no longer needed, I will call the front desk the day before and tell them that I no longer need late check out. But that's just me.
Thanks for being so considerate. I'll bet the front desk appreciates it.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I sometimes ask for 4:00 but am out before then.

Ran into the opposite problem at a Hilton where 2:00 is considered a favor: arrived at 4:00 to find that they were nowhere near ready.
Yes, something similar can happen at Hiltons. It can be a bit of a crapshoot. I've just noticed that it's been often harder to get into a room when I arrive at some Marriott properties since the new late checkout policy went into effect. And I know the reason for the delay sometimes because a front desk clerk who recognizes me will quietly tell me that I unfortunately will have to wait until, say, a Platinum with 4 pm checkout leaves. So it's great when those with late checkout let the front desk know when they leave, especially if they leave early.

I've noticed that Marriott front desk people aren't apt to proactively offer me another room type when my reserved room type is not yet available. Maybe that's due to the room type guarantee? I just have to remember to ask if they have 2 doubles available when I've reserved a king, etc.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't been with Marriott all that long, but am amazed at how often I get the Your Room is Ready notice long before 3:00. I've had Marriott folks recognize me at Bellevue and Redmond. Latter was a bit startling.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:58 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Marriott Al Jaddaf Dubai, UAE. Politely requested a late checkout @5pm (expecting a “no”).....offered 7pm, declined and took 5pm, as thats what I needed ^
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Jw marriott hong kong 4pm check out on Sunday, no problem for 3 gold members. I've now asked for a 4pm checkout 3 times here in the past year and have never run into any issues.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if it's this property or AC brand in general, but online checkin would not let me select a time, just that late checkout option had been requested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.