Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Can't tell if I'm PP this year or not. Account still shows PP, however I haven't received any type of notification by email or mail. Although, I received my UA Gold package and welcome email again for this year.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I too am a PP for the second year in a row and just got an email from United stating that they are renewing my silver status. I would like to know if it's silver or gold we should be expecting.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by moseslin
I'm also quite confused. I was PP last year and hence received UA gold status. I didn't requal for PP this year, but I just received an email the "Welcome to Premier Gold status." I assume that means it expires in Jan 2017. Anyone know where I can check?
This link will take you to an image of your UAL card. Might want to screen shot it in case they try to claw back the gold status.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Considering they're not issuing gold to new PPs (me) or some other people who were PP last year and did not get gold, if they "claw it back" there isn't much recourse. I spoke with both UA and Marriott and both state only silver.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Considering they're not issuing gold to new PPs (me) or some other people who were PP last year and did not get gold, if they "claw it back" there isn't much recourse. I spoke with both UA and Marriott and both state only silver.
FWIW, I was going thru past emails from MR and UA.

Last year as a PP I received this on 2-16-15: "Welcome to another year of exclusive rewards and MileagePlus Premier Silver status," and not until 5-30-15 received this: "Congratulations, you've been elevated to MileagePlus Premier Gold status."
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Has anyone had their rollover nights post yet?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Tanic
This link will take you to an image of your UAL card. Might want to screen shot it in case they try to claw back the gold status.
Thanks! Not sure why I couldn't find it before. Mine shows valid thru 1/31/2017.

Originally Posted by UnderEst
Yes, mine have been posted. If I remember correctly it happened a couple weeks ago.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by UnderEst
Rollover nights from 2015? Mine were posted the second week of January
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Have to love PP... Noticed that my room at SFO was upgraded to waterfront room last week. A few days before check in it was changed to "club lounge" room (SFO has an M lounge in the lobby). When I checked in, they claimed no waterfront rooms were available, despite a dummy booking showing otherwise.

Oh well... Hopefully a gold memeber got my "old" room.

I fully expect this is related to the fact my corporate rate was over $120/night less than the standard rate.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Chewie
Have to love PP... Noticed that my room at SFO was upgraded to waterfront room last week. A few days before check in it was changed to "club lounge" room (SFO has an M lounge in the lobby). When I checked in, they claimed no waterfront rooms were available, despite a dummy booking showing otherwise.

Oh well... Hopefully a gold memeber got my "old" room.

I fully expect this is related to the fact my corporate rate was over $120/night less than the standard rate.
Got to keep in mind what's offered online does not represent actual inventory available. The property was probably very happy to "sell" another waterfront room hoping someone will not show up and bump someone up a category or two if they do. Whereas, they are not willing to "give away" a waterfront room otherwise.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Chewie
Have to love PP...

Outside of Asia, I rarely got upgrades as a PP when I used the government rate.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
The rate paid should not make any difference for upgrades. If a property claims it does, then you should contact MR to get clarification.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The rate paid should not make any difference for upgrades. If a property claims it does, then you should contact MR to get clarification.
I have been upgraded on government rates several times. Then again ... some hotels seem to never upgrade, regardless of rate.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC last year there were reports of Marriott Lifetime Platinums getting *A *Gold from UA. Could that explain how some people here seem to be getting UA *Gold and others UA *Silver. It sounds strange that Marriott would give better benefits to LTP than PP but perhaps *Gold from UA is only going to those who are both LTP and PP.

Do we have any data points to confirm or deny this?

BTW, I'll be annoyed if I don't get *Gold again as it was the reason I decided not to renew my A3 *Gold status. Since Hyatt sends out a couple UA lounge passes (unfortunately UA lounges don't accept PP, so one of the advantages of *Gold status from an airline other than UA was admission to UA lounges when flying UA domestic itineraries).
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
It's not government rate. Having said that almost 100% of the times, I get upgraded to some amazing rooms overseas. A few favorites have been an unbelievable suite at JW Beijing, marriott sky city (HK) and autograph am steinplaz (Berlin).

My next three hotels overseas (end of feb, and two in March) have already been upgraded.

No room is over $200 USD per night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.