Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by am13
Joined Marriott Rewards in 2014, having never stayed a single night with them previously. Hit platinum in 2014 and awarded PP since fall 2015.
Since when does Marriott award PP at any point except mid to late january? It isnt a status you can "achieve" with a certain set of nights like the other three throughout the year.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by swintec
Since when does Marriott award PP at any point except mid to late january? It isnt a status you can "achieve" with a certain set of nights like the other three throughout the year.
Given there are no hard and fast rules to "qualify" for PP, I'm guessing they can do it whenever they wish. I would imagine if someone gets deemed to be in the top 3% their status can be changed anytime. Maybe the OP is with a company Marriott wishes to win over and thought the PP gesture would help...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I never received anything in the mail after noticing PP on my online account. On the website I clicked request new membership card, which showed something like "please call customer service as a platinum premier member". I call up and the rep says they will send a new platinum card to me. That was a few weeks ago and still have nothing. I don't really care about the card, I just want the PP reservations number.

Should I just call again? Anybody else experience this?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
I never received anything in the mail after noticing PP on my online account. On the website I clicked request new membership card, which showed something like "please call customer service as a platinum premier member". I call up and the rep says they will send a new platinum card to me. That was a few weeks ago and still have nothing. I don't really care about the card, I just want the PP reservations number.

Should I just call again? Anybody else experience this?
If you email customer care they can give you the number after verifying your status (probably within 24 hours). The card usually takes 4-6 weeks to arrive after you call in to request - they don't expedite regardless of what the website says to call in so they can expedite.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:18 pm

the card usually comes with the PP gift. Last year it was attached to it. Is there actually a different number for PP?

My lifetime plat card and PP card both have the same number for reservations. the only difference is the guest customer service number but ive never called them to see if there is a difference (versus maybe just updqted since i got my lifetime plat card some years ago).
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by njcommodore
As a newly minted PP I wonder/hope if they'll bring back the upgrade to UA gold.
I can confirm that my UA Gold status was renewed because I maintained Platinum Premier this year. I only qualified for UA Silver based on both PQD and PQM milestones.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by TommyC80
I can confirm that my UA Gold status was renewed because I maintained Platinum Premier this year. I only qualified for UA Silver based on both PQD and PQM milestones.
I can also confirm UA Gold status. I just received email from United confirming my UA Gold Status for this year based on my Marriott Platinum Premier status. Without the reciprocity I wouldn't qualify for UA elite status at all.

--Jon
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by swintec
the card usually comes with the PP gift. Last year it was attached to it. Is there actually a different number for PP?

My lifetime plat card and PP card both have the same number for reservations. the only difference is the guest customer service number but ive never called them to see if there is a difference (versus maybe just updqted since i got my lifetime plat card some years ago).
When you call the PP number, sometimes there is a wait to be connected and they ask if you want to stay on the line for a PP representative or be connected to the regular Platinum line. I don't know if there is a big difference between the phone agents for PP and Plat.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Time traveller
When you call the PP number, sometimes there is a wait to be connected and they ask if you want to stay on the line for a PP representative or be connected to the regular Platinum line. I don't know if there is a big difference between the phone agents for PP and Plat.
The dedicated PP agents work only during limited hours. Also, if your call is "overflowed" to the regular Platinum line, often they answer as if you've reached the PP line and insist that they can help you when you question whether they're dedicated PP agents or not.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Question: i am entering my second year as PP after several years as standard platinum. However, i received an email today stating that my UAL Silver was renewed, not upgraded to gold. Is gold a benefit of PP? i know its not published but should I call? The only reason it matters is that i am having to fly Air Canada a few times this month and they code share so the status may help. Im a delta Diamond member and wont know what to do without status!!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Question: i am entering my second year as PP after several years as standard platinum. However, i received an email today stating that my UAL Silver was renewed, not upgraded to gold. Is gold a benefit of PP? i know its not published but should I call? The only reason it matters is that i am having to fly Air Canada a few times this month and they code share so the status may help. Im a delta Diamond member and wont know what to do without status!!
+1, wondering the same thing. I too am entering second year as PP and my UAL Silver renewed, not Gold. Any advice?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM, National EE, Avis PC, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, SPG PL
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I had a coworker call, as he had heard about gold status too, and was told that it is silver only and they referred him to this part of the FAQ:
For Marriott Rewards members who are Platinum Elite (including Platinum Premier and Ritz Carlton Rewards Platinum), the RewardsPlus program offers complimentary Premier Silver status in the MileagePlus program (registration required).

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by pivot_chart
I had a coworker call, as he had heard about gold status too, and was told that it is silver only and they referred him to this part of the FAQ:
For Marriott Rewards members who are Platinum Elite (including Platinum Premier and Ritz Carlton Rewards Platinum), the RewardsPlus program offers complimentary Premier Silver status in the MileagePlus program (registration required).

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en
Hmm - that's strange that PP members are being renewed on their UA Gold status if that's the case. I am a newly-minted PP and would love to be UA Gold; I have reached out to Marriott via their email form to ask this question as well. I definitely don't have any expectations at this point, though, especially considering that the link specifically mentions PP as being lumped in with Plat. I figure it can't hurt to try!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I'm also quite confused. I was PP last year and hence received UA gold status. I didn't requal for PP this year, but I just received an email the "Welcome to Premier Gold status." I assume that means it expires in Jan 2017. Anyone know where I can check?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Hmm - that's strange that PP members are being renewed on their UA Gold status if that's the case. I am a newly-minted PP and would love to be UA Gold; I have reached out to Marriott via their email form to ask this question as well. I definitely don't have any expectations at this point, though, especially considering that the link specifically mentions PP as being lumped in with Plat. I figure it can't hurt to try!
Carpboy823--can you point me in the direction of the email form you used? I too am curious, and I'd love to see if we hear the same thing back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.